Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
  1.    #1  
    QupZilla v1.0.1 (2.1.2)
    Supported devices: Touchpad
    Description: Cross-platform Qt web browser. For more information about QupZilla see https://www.qupzilla.com/.
    Screenshots:
    qupzilla_2017-22-08_154444.png

Download:
    com.nizovn.qupzilla_1.0.1_all.ipk

Sources:
    https://github.com/nizovn/qupzilla
    https://github.com/nizovn/qt5-qpa-webos-plugin

Installation:
    QupZilla requires org.webosinternals.dbus package to be installed prior to installation.
    Install ipk file using Preware or WebOS Quick Install, note that the installation process can take quite some time (10min), so be patient.

Notes:
    • The application runs under root, so you are warned.
    • This package uses it's own SSL certificate bundle (see README.md).
    • The application runs in portable mode, so all data (including bookmarks and history) is located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.qupzilla and will not persist after application removal.
    • The application uses software rendering, so it's VERY SLOW.

Known issues:
    • Popup menus don't work.
    • Bookmark and History dialogs don't have close button, and can be closed only together with card.
    • New windows open in the main card on top of existing windows; workaround: use Open New Private Window.
    • "Print" doesn't seem to do anything.

Changelog:
    1.0.1: Experimental phone support, enabled support for plugins/proprietary-codecs
    1.0.0 (2.1.2): Initial version
    Last edited by NIN_ru; 11/12/2017 at 08:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    Installation:
    QupZilla requires org.webosinternals.dbus package to be installed prior to installation.
    Install ipk file using Preware or WebOS Quick Install, note that the installation process can take quite some time (10min), so be patient
    Quick question. I wanted to take a look, just to test the progress...but I can't seem to find the org.webosinternals.dbus package. My webos-internals feed is on in Preware, and I vaguely remember remember using dbus-services in the past...
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, I had this package for a while on my TP and didn't check from where it comes before posting. It's available as "dbus" in alpha testing feeds (see Enabling_the_Alpha_Testing_Feeds). Alternatively you can try to install it's ipk from Index of /alpha/apps/armv7/, but it's not tested.
    Cheers,
    I was able to install and open the application.

some quick observations:
    the good:
    - The application startup time is quite decent (I was expecting much worse).
    - The responsiveness of the application menu's is good (again, I was expecting a much more sluggish experience).
    - Responsiveness of the keyboard (e.g. in the Preference-menu) is good.

the less good:
    - When I start the application, the web-window keeps refreshing (when I hit the menu button and click 'View' I see it switching between Stop and Reload all the time (it sometimes takes two tries from the menu to observe this). As a result, I cannot set the URL because the keyboard pops up (Yes!), but looses focus immediately and pops down again. So I haven't been able to test browsing yet. (using the stop button doesn't change this)
    - The above refresh stops when the preferences popup is on-screen (but continues when I close it again).
    - While the + button adds a new tab, I cannot seem to remove it by using the x-button (but this could be related to the above problem).
    - Hitting the bookmarks doesn't seem to have any effect (again, could be related to the above observation).

I did a full restart (not just a Luna Restart) after installation.
    Some details on the device: Touchpad 32gb, UberKernel installed (Govnah: onDemandTcl 1728), LunaCE installed.

EDIT: I removed UberKernel, but observe the same...
    EDIT2: Oh...and I nearly forgot: great work so far!
    Last edited by Misj'; 08/22/2017 at 05:18 PM.
    This is awesome! I am definitely interested in the ad blocking.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    When I start the application, the web-window keeps refreshing
    Thanks for testing. I had this behavior when application was launched without root rights (so webengine process couldn't be executed), but I'm not sure why it doesn't work now. I guess maybe installation went wrong (pmPostInstall script didn't execute), please try to reinstall the app. If that doesn't help, I would like to see the output of commands:
    Code:
    grep "qupzilla" /var/palm/data/jailusers
    cat /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.qupzilla/jail.conf
    Also to make sure this assumption is right, you can launch the application manually from shell (it should work normally):
    Code:
    cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.qupzilla/
    ./runtime/qt5/libexec/qupzilla
    I also develop and play around with my Touchpad, so there might always be something I once did to ruin (root) stuff...anyway, the output:

Code:
    grep "qupzilla" /var/palm/data/jailusers
    5201:5000:com.nizovn.qupzilla:/dev/null:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.qupzilla/jail.conf
    Code:
    cat /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.qupzilla/jail.conf
    set NOJAIL = true
    Code:
    ./runtime/qt5/libexec/qupzilla

./runtime/qt5/libexec/qupzilla: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.qupzilla/runtime/linaro/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libGLESv2.so)
    ./runtime/qt5/libexec/qupzilla: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.qupzilla/runtime/linaro/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libGLESv2.so)
    Unable to query physical screen size, defaulting to 100 dpi.
    To override, set QT_QPA_WEBOS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH and QT_QPA_WEBOS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT (in millimeters).
    QupZilla: Running in Portable Mode.
    Qt WebEngine ICU data not found at /home/nizovn/webos/qt5/qt5.9/runtime/resources. Trying parent directory...
    Qt WebEngine ICU data not found at /home/nizovn/webos/qt5/qt5.9/runtime. Trying application directory...
    Installed Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location /home/nizovn/webos/qt5/qt5.9/runtime/translations/qtwebengine_locales. Trying application directory...
    Qt WebEngine resources not found at /home/nizovn/webos/qt5/qt5.9/runtime/resources. Trying parent directory...
    Qt WebEngine resources not found at /home/nizovn/webos/qt5/qt5.9/runtime. Trying application directory...
    LaunchProcess: failed to execvp:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.qupzilla/runtime/qt5/libexec/QtWebEngineProcess
    AdBlockSearchTree: Inserting rule with filter len <= 0!
    [32027:32027:0823/143751.927785:ERROR:child_process_launcher.cc(522)] Failed to launch child process
    [32027:32027:0823/143752.259070:ERROR:child_process_launcher.cc(522)] Failed to launch child process
    [32027:32027:0823/143752.495025:ERROR:child_process_launcher.cc(522)] Failed to launch child process
    [32027:32027:0823/143752.662926:ERROR:child_process_launcher.cc(522)] Failed to launch child process
    [32027:32027:0823/143752.829581:ERROR:child_process_launcher.cc(522)] Failed to launch child process
    [32027:32027:0823/143752.997553:ERROR:child_process_launcher.cc(522)] Failed to launch child process
    [32027:32027:0823/143753.166774:ERROR:child_process_launcher.cc(522)] Failed to launch child process
    [32027:32027:0823/143753.676301:ERROR:child_process_launcher.cc(522)] Failed to launch child process
    [32027:32027:0823/143753.864221:ERROR:child_process_launcher.cc(522)] Failed to launch child process
    [32027:32027:0823/143754.083155:ERROR:child_process_launcher.cc(522)] Failed to launch child process
    [32027:32027:0823/143754.288665:ERROR:child_process_launcher.cc(522)] Failed to launch child process
    each refresh causes a '[...ERROR:child_process_launcher.cc(522)] Failed to launch child process'

Hope this helps.
  8.    #8  
    Seems I found the issue, it was my fault - while developing I was using another appId and directory structure and didn't recompile whole Qt after changing paths. Old directories were not removed, so all was working on my TP... I will recompile Qt and post updated ipk as soon as possible, but it can take some time.
    For now, if you still want to test, you can try again to launch it using these commands:
    Code:
    cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.qupzilla
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD/runtime/qt5/lib:$PWD/runtime/linaro/lib:$PWD/runtime/ssl:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH runtime/qt5/libexec/qupzilla
    Sorry for that.

Edit: I've updated ipk without recompiling Qt using another method (launch script).
    Last edited by NIN_ru; 08/23/2017 at 10:45 AM.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Cheers,

probably won't have time to look at it today, but I'll try to reinstall and do some testing tomorrow.

Edit: I've updated ipk without recompiling Qt using another method (launch script).
    Did you update the IPK in the original post? - Or do you still prefer to above mentioned commands?
  10.    #10  
    Yes, I've updated ipk in original post. There is no need to run those commands because the launch script simply does this.
    Ah, and I forgot to comment: the tab close x-button should work, but it just seems to be too small, so I can click it only on 2-3 trial (or maybe there is a little offset from reticle). Same for bookmark.
    Hi,

Sadly, just like for Misj', it does not work for me either with the same problems as he described. I haven't tried the commands you gave to Misj' (because I don't like typing on the touchpad )

Still I'm very happy to see great progress on a new browser for the touchpad. I'm pretty sure the problems can and will be solved

Jeschael
    Running a Pre 3 (daily driver), Pre (advanced alarm clock), Touchpad 32GB with Android (hate it), Touchpad 64GB Panda with WebOS, and a Veer (for my wife).
    I get a flickering screen (where the webpage should load) and qupzilla crashing while trying to input something in address bar. Looks like a focus issue somehow? VKB appears and hides quickly. I'm using LunaCE.

https://bpaste.net/show/260112faa4dc
    Last edited by Herrie; 08/24/2017 at 02:33 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I removed LunaCE before reinstalling the App. That didn't have any affect.
    Last edited by Misj'; 08/24/2017 at 04:23 AM.
  14.    #14  
    I've updated ipk in original post once again. It seems some paths cannot be overridden, I've recompiled QtWebEngineProcess. Sorry.
    mmmm, when the qt library is more mature, maybe it could be separated from the browser app and made into a required framework ipk to install.
    This way there would be one stable universal qt env that multiple apps could employ
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    mmmm, when the qt library is more mature, maybe it could be separated from the browser app and made into a required framework ipk to install.
    This way there would be one stable universal qt env that multiple apps could employ
    Already suggested this as well via IRC There are some things to be sorted before this can work though
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    it's working!
    This message was written in QupZilla on my Touchpad.

I'll do some more testing later today.
    Preemptive likes this.
    tried it , wont launch unless dbus is installed from preware.
    screen flickers, can not enter web address because keyboard closes instantly.
    could go into preferences, it doesnt flicker and allows changing of settings.
    Ok, some initial experiences. I have to say that most are pretty good.

- I was able to set my local storage (cache) and download folders to media/internal/... from the preferences. Tested a download, and that appears to work correctly. So that's nice.
    - Most websites work quite well. Yes, some things are a bit slow, but nothing I can't live with (being used to the stock browser).
    - Scrolling on a page is quite slow. Still usable, but a bit of a drag.
    - Double-clicking the address bar to select everything works most of the time (although I don't think I can copy-paste or share it via email or anything).

- HTML5 canvas performance test - Scott Porter gives met a framerate of 18fps (Uberkernel installed). On the stock-browser I get 15fps (this is a pure canvas test, no webGL), so that appears to be on-par.
    - I get a 512 (out of 555) on https://html5test.com/index.html, so even slightly higher than the image in the original post (browser is recognized as QupZilla 2.1.2 on Linux). The stock-browser gives me a 169 (browser is recognized as webOS 3.0 touchpad).
    - CSS animations (e.g. https://www.supremo.tv/typeterms/) are survivable but not great. (the site doesn't work on the stock browser).

- Hammer.JS - Hammer.js -- multi-touch is working (stock browser doesn't appear to do anything).
    - most of the examples on PixiJS Examples appear to work (though not very fast).
    - webGL doesn't appear to be available (yet).

- https://greensock.com/js/speed.html -- the standard HTML selectors at the bottom show, but I cannot select any options (the popup closes, but the selection isn't changed).

- Youtube movies do play, but video has a very low framerate (even at the lowest quality). Sound is the correct speed though.
    - Netflix currently gives me a black screen with a netflix logo (after login), so that doesn't appear to work. (fyi, on my desktop Netflix's website does work, but it does not play video's in what in considers an unsupported browser).

- The browser runs well, it's not really unstable, but do expect it to crash every now and then. It does, however, reopen the pages when you open the browser again.
    - I can't say anything on battery-drain.
    - Someone should create a webOS theme to give it more of a webOS look though

All in all I am pleasantly surprised. And I think this is one of the most exciting things to webOS in recent years. Even in its current state it's already quite usable in my opinion.
    For Netflix nin_ru would have to enable pepper plugins in qtwebengine build and find an ARMv7 Pepper Flash or even Widevine plugin binary (Chromebook images have Pepper Flash I know for sure). And these should be placed at the right path for the browser to find them. See https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebengine-f...per-plugin-api It should also be enabled in the webengineview itself.

[edit]
    Some instructions for the RaspberryPi that might be of help:
    https://gist.github.com/jesstelford/...e8c2611f332648
    [/edit]

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 08/24/2017 at 04:20 PM.
    dkirker likes this.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast