Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree66Likes
    thanks for this app .... I download again movies for my touchpad

-- Enviado desde mi HP TouchPad

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    NIN_ru Thanks! QupZilla seems to work quite nicely really. Looking forward to updates but usable at the moment. Thanks for all your work!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by normsland; 11/10/2017 at 02:19 AM.
  3.    #83  
    Context menu issue seems trickier than I thought. I got it working, but due to some internal bug in qtwebengine/qupzilla, they broke after ~2 screen scroll. I don't have time to debug it, so this work is not included for now.
    Plans have changed and there won't be any updates from me on qupzilla for 1-1.5 months, as I need to prepare for "PhD" exam.
    I updated first post with new ipk containing rebuilt qtwebengine with codecs/plugins support. It should "work" on phones as well. Note that versioning has changed - so package version will just increment independently of upstream qupzilla version.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    Plans have changed and there won't be any updates from me on qupzilla for 1-1.5 months, as I need to prepare for "PhD" exam.
    I updated first post with new ipk containing rebuilt qtwebengine with codecs/plugins support. It should "work" on phones as well.
    Can't wait to give this a try!

Best of luck with those PhD exams. Study hard!
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
    Preemptive likes this.
    Version 1.0.1 gained speed ( 512 vs 509 of 1.0.0 ), also installed in less than 50 seconds
    Now, cough cough , where can we put extra codecs ?
    simply in /linaro/lib ?
    Preemptive likes this.
    Hey Nin, if you add this to the pivotCE feed folks can get it from Preware. Do you need hosting space?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    mmm not in /linaro/lib, I guess... or I used the wrong codec.

Tried to download chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra to add H.264/MP4 . There are 2 version ... armhf , and arm64 . I think armhf is the version that should work in our case.
    Anyway it doesn't seem to do anything
    wait, there's something weird.

I just realized that after installing the upgraded version... on the Go I still have the 1.0.0
    Can someone else report if upgrading from 1.0.0 works ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    wait, there's something weird.

I just realized that after installing the upgraded version... on the Go I still have the 1.0.0
    Can someone else report if upgrading from 1.0.0 works ?
    I noticed after upgrading on my tablet I still had 2.1.2 showing which was what 1.0.0 showed me. No idea why at all. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's now showing 1.0.1.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    did the same.

so...

HTML5 tests - video , h264 - mp4 is working stock
    http://demo.castlabs.com/ these work, except for the one requiring libwidevinecdm.so ( as expected )

But I already got 2 crashes ( of the app ). Note that these 2 sites were unable to show any video with version 1.0.0 or load the framework ( timvision) .To replicate them
    www.timvision.it ... it loads all the framework, and I think is even bypassing the request for silverlight. When I press on "accedi" (login) , it crashes
    www.viki.com ... site loads, then I picked a random drama, first episode... the player loads and a play button is on the center of it. pressing it... crash.
    Reopened the crashed session ... this time works but after some seconds no more audio. Video speed/quality is good
    changed episode , audio works but due to that the whole stutters .. and crashes.

I think the audio codecs side may have some quirks... i wonder if adding a different ffmpeg would help.

htm5test : 514

Youtube (we have lunetube, but it's a good test anyway) loads and plays, even if not too smoothly
    Interesting addon :

There's a bit shown if launched using xterm... there are issues with one library since it's missing the version number.
    2 qt libraries look for configs/data

and ... www.viki.com doesn't crash, if using xterm... but the video speed is slower, would say 15fps ( audio is synched ). I see plenty of info in the background about uncaught security errors ( but from loading the page, not from playing the video ).

www.gooddrama.io doesn't crash, too ( crashes if launched normally ) . Videos work ( feel they could be smoother , but is better than viki )

timvision.it loads and does NOT crash if pressing "accedi" (login) , but the login fields do not show ( keyboard opens correctly ).

"boys" , I think qupzilla requires some launching tweaks if using the icon or to be added to xecutah with a launch script.

Edit :
    clicked on "non ora" on timvision.it ( means not now ) , and qupzilla crashed.
    inside xterm I can see :

Received signal 7 BUS_ADRERR 00003ae84000
    then a stack trace going from 0 to 29 and
    [1]+ stopped (signal) ./qupzilla
    Last edited by mazzinia; 11/13/2017 at 11:42 AM.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    so...
    Thank you for testing!
    In order to get pepper plugins to work, you should place them to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.qupzilla/runtime/qt5/libexec/ and execute qupzilla with needed arguments. E.g.
    Code:
    ./qupzilla --ppapi-flash-path=./libpepflashplayer.so https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
    , for more information see https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebengine-f...per-plugin-api.
    But I never got it to work, as flash is being recognized on it's page, but the plugin doesn't render anything.
    In logs there is this message:
    Code:
    [5741:5741:1113/190857.618785:ERROR:ppapi_thread.cc(301)] Failed to load Pepper module from ./libpepflashplayer.so (error: ./libpepflashplayer.so: internal error)
    which I think means that the binaries are wrong. webOS is armel (soft fp), but I failed to find such libraries (as on chromebooks I could see only armhf ones).
    I was not able to replicate crashes for some reason, but you can try to increase /dev/shm space (which is set to 65M by qupzilla).
    Code:
     mount -o remount,size=128M /dev
    If that will help, I will increase the default size.
    mmmm I see.

A thing that may be useful :
    launching by command line I get 3 of these

....qupzilla/runtime/linaro/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libGLESv2.so)
    strange.

now I launched it normally ( icon ) , went to the usual viki video ( wtermt open to check ram etc ) and well... is playing / not crashing.
    This is weird... initially it was crashing constantly. now is the 2nd time it doesn't crash, in a row ( ok, speed is not good but... )

edit

delayed crash, seems... it took quite a long time this time ( more than 5 min of playback )
    Tests are going on... would need to brainstorm with others.

I changed the memory usage in the launch .json from 150mb to 270mb , and I think the playback is way smoother . Would need tests in this sense in case is just a false impression
    gazaud likes this.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345