NEW to the board and new to webos.
1. Bought a 32GB TP at the fire sale when HP was letting go of stock.
2. Did not do much with it so put it away.
3. Fast forward to this month and I was googling to see what I could still do with it.
4. Saw some post on XDA about rooting it to android. Thought... That sounds fun.... BUT did want to brick my unit so found another used 32GB TP on the web and got it.
5. Found a post that I could sorta understand (I am NOT a developer but I can follow instructions) and the next thing I knew I had the latest Android loaded and I still kept the HP webos).
6. Hmmm That was fun so I found another cheap 32GB on the web and bought it from Goodwill. Listing said it had been wiped (what do I know I aint a developer)
7. Came a few days ago with a dead battery.... Plugged it in and eventually it charged up enough to show the dreaded low battery system and the "you cant get there from here sign".... Pressed enough buttons where it went into setup mode.... BUT only so far... DAMN..... Did that a number of times and said ...
8. Back to google.... Found that the TP was trying to phone home, and with no home to phone back to, it was stuck and would not unlock....
9. Back to google again and I found a number of post reference this issue at XDA and possible here.... Almost all of the post were convoluted and confusing. Hmmmm
10. Kept looking and came across a simple page called "Back to Webos" that laid out a process that was so simple even a cave man like me could do it....
11. In less than an hour (total time even DLing the programs needed) I had the TP back to life...
12. Sooooo I now have 3 32GB TPs, my original and 2 from the web. One with latest Android and HP operating system and one with a re-born HP operating system.
13. Now what to do with them.... I came across a reference to the page that has the 6000 or so programs and this forum.... Hmmmm Now what can I do...
So far all the stuff I have been reading is a bit confusing..... I need some help finding a way forward.... If there are any SIMPLE guides that clearly explain how to load these archived programs I would greatly appreciate it.... Or provide back a simple 1,2,3,4 ..... step-by-step explanation on the "how too" and what programs are need, etc. at the cave man level
Thanks in advance....