Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    Alright, so a few months ago asking for help getting my touchpad working (I finally got it working via NDI (nova device installer)), but I have ran into a new problem..

The other day, the battery drained itself (I thought it was charging, but I later found out that my cord was busted) and now it no longer charges, nor will it even attempt to boot/give me any sort of a backlit screen.

I have already tried charging it, tried the button combinations, but I cannot even get it into QHSUB_DLOAD mode for TPDebrick.
    Is it fried or is there another method that I haven't seen yet?
    Have you tried a non Touchpad USB charger one amp or less? If not give it a try and be patient. If all goes well you should eventually see a Battlestar Galactica Cylon esque sweeping LED home button and after that the screen should come to life asking for the correct charger. If that does not happen, you may need TPDebrick, but hopefully it will not come to that.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    Have you tried a non Touchpad USB charger one amp or less? If not give it a try and be patient. If all goes well you should eventually see a Battlestar Galactica Cylon esque sweeping LED home button and after that the screen should come to life asking for the correct charger. If that does not happen, you may need TPDebrick, but hopefully it will not come to that.
    As I've already stated, I can't even get TPDebrick to work. -- It is showing a complete 0 percent sign of life and I've had it on the charger for more than a week.
    You don't say on what charger. The reason for the underpowered charger is that the charging circuit needs a minimal charge to activate. This way can trickle charge until the circuit wakes up - at least that's the theory (or superstition). Maybe you've already done it, but if not, you have little to lose at this point - you won't recover anything with a flat battery. If that fails, you'll probably be advised to open it up and apply current directly to the battery (or fit a new one).
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/10/2017 at 10:14 AM.
    Mutoidi likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    You don't say on what charger. The reason for the underpowered charger is that the charging circuit needs a minimal charge to activate. This way can trickle charge until the circuit wakes up - at least that's the theory (or superstition). Maybe you've already done it, but if not, you have little to lose at this point - you won't recover anything with a flat battery. If that fails, you'll probably be advised to open it up and apply current directly to the battery (or fit a new one).
    I was using the stock HP adapter, but I do not have to stock cord, if that answers your question.
    I had my pad totally discharge once and it would not recharge.
    A posting on Google said it needed to be charged by a much lower
    charging source. I connected it to a USB port on my laptop and it
    eventually started charging
    If you can, check that cable - like by charging something else with it (with the relevant charger or computer USB port). If it's OK, put a phone (1A, 5V) charger on the end & the TP on the other. Walk away & hope you notice a flashing light sometime later...

If that happens, switch to the stock HP charger.