Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By kancept
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Well, I've always had a Veer, but after the holidays, the grip of others locally has loosened on their webOS devices and I am gathering them up. I picked up a dead Touchpad a week or so ago. Saw it reboot from android then black screen, so hoping I can revive that. I should be picking up another 2 Touchpads today. My HP Touchpad keyboard NIB arrived yesterday. Gona build a new workstation to start dev'ing stuff on. I currently just have my MBA and the latest OS hasn't been kind to the novacom drivers from what I have seen. Maybe I'm wrong. Looking into working on voice recognition for these things.
    Sweet. I do most of my development on a Windows 7 laptop, but when I'm packaging up an app with a custom node service that uses root, the command to update the ipk only works in Linux, so I have to reboot to ubuntu for that. I wonder if a vm would be worth the trouble of maintaining for that.. The thought never occurred to me until just now.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/04/2017 at 06:25 PM.
    Sounds great.
    Someone was asking about this - might be relevant: Novacom drivers Ubuntu 64bits??
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Sounds great.
    Someone was asking about this - might be relevant: Novacom drivers Ubuntu 64bits??
    Yeah, that's one reason I'm gonna do linux as a primary. I do all linux dev at work in Ubuntu, but am a Fedora and Mac guy at home. I have issues with a VM on the Mac side as it's not always the lowest level of HW access, and I had just sold off my last extra machines in November. Sure enough, now I need a machine.

IMG_2900.JPG