Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By crazybirdman
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    HP Touchpad for sale online[/URL]Hi everybody. I was hoping for some advice. I recently lost (possibly stolen) my original Touchpad and so I am in the market for a replacement. I have really enjoyed using my Touchpad over the years and become somewhat attached to it so I would much rather source myself another one than opt for another make or model. I have seen a 16GB with Wi-Fi and WebOS/Android capable second hand HP Touchpad for sale online for just 99 euros. But since I had my original from brand new, I wouldn't really know what a fair price for a new one would be. Does 99 euros sound reasonable? Also, are there any issues that others with more experience than myself would recommend I keep an eye out for when buying used? Apologies if my questions are a bit vague but any help or pointers that can be offered would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Walter79; 11/29/2016 at 09:43 PM.
    Tough to say as worth is subjective. I was in a similar situation, and paid $150 to replace my stolen Touchpad, but that was a few years ago. If you really like it, and don't want something else out there, I guess go for it?
    Doctoring or resetting, here's a checklist!
    Walter79 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter79 View Post
    Hi everybody. I was hoping for some advice. I recently lost (possibly stolen) my original Touchpad and so I am in the market for a replacement. I have really enjoyed using my Touchpad over the years and become somewhat attached to it so I would much rather source myself another one than opt for another make or model. I have seen a 16GB with Wi-Fi and WebOS/Android capable second hand example for sale online for just 99 euros. But since I had my original from brand new, I wouldn't really know what a fair price for a new one would be. Does 99 euros sound reasonable? Also, are there any issues that others with more experience than myself would recommend I keep an eye out for when buying used? Apologies if my questions are a bit vague but any help or pointers that can be offered would be much appreciated.
    It really depends how much you want to fiddle. I had some with a "dead" battery that I could use TPDebrick on for EUR 25,- each. Working ones I'd say anywhere between EUR 50 and EUR 100 depending on the version (16/32/64GB) and cosmetic state.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Walter79 likes this.
    My Daughter has one (32GB) with very little use and Screen Protector fitted and the HP TouchPad Case. I think a reasonable offer would be 75 Euros plus Postage at cost. PM me if you want me to investigate.
    Last edited by Wheel_nut; 12/01/2016 at 04:57 AM.
    Also, are there any issues that others with more experience than myself would recommend I keep an eye out for when buying used?
    Cracks around the speaker holes are apparently almost inevitable (Mine has them), so it's to be expected. I suppose the usual checks of the screen, buttons and mini-USB port should be done if you have the opportunity. Oh, and the original charger - I think it's wired up in an unusual way or has an unusual voltage or something. Maybe you still have your own original or can get one elsewhere, but maybe expect to pay less if it's missing from the package.
    I bought one for 50,- € incl. original case, touchstone & hp keyboard. No issues on the housing and the battery seems to be still o.k.
    I installed android 4.4.4 on it and it runns fine so far...