1.    #1  
    I hope there is some updated info out there to help bring my TP back to life. I have been using my TP for many years now with no issues. Just recently I noticed that it was taking longer to charge and that the battery wasn't lasting as long. That is to be expected after all these years. One day last week I didn't plug it back in and it shut off by itself. I cant get it to start up again. I get the white battery with the question mark. I have done all the button combos to get it to restart and the only thing I get is the white battery. I also do not have the original cylinder shaped usb charger anymore so I cant do the trick that I read about with that. I am now keeping it plugged in to my computer for going on 3 days now with no results. I have CM9 installed on the TP.

If anyone out there has had success getting it to come back to life please let me know. When I search for some help I get info from 3-4 years ago and links to pages that no longer exist. I know that I am living on borrowed time since I have had this TP for so long but for what I use if for, it worked just fine.

Thank you
    I think the standard, 'first advice' is leave it plugged in or use a 1A/5V phone charger to trickle charge - maybe for a week or so.

But how were you charging it without the cylinder charger? What were you using?
  3.    #3  
    I was using a micro usb charger that came with another device. I don't know the specs and at the time I didn't think to make sure the voltage was the same. It was being used for quite a while. This wouldn't have happened if I plugged in the pad before it lost all battery life. I will keep it plugged in like you say but how will I know if it "wakes up"? Will it boot up on its own and stay on? If I get the proper HP charger that is for the TP would that make a difference? They are almost 20 bucks on Amazon. I don't want to waste my money if its a longshot
    If I remember correctly, getting the battery with white question mark logo usually requires using the "TPDebrick" utility from a PC (running Ubuntu Linux) with your TouchPad plugged in via usb. That logo means that something got buggered with the A6 chip firmware when the power was low so the TPDebrick utility will reflash a good version (perhaps one that helps prevent this issue) to your Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAdvisors View Post
    If I remember correctly, getting the battery with white question mark logo usually requires using the "TPDebrick" utility from a PC (running Ubuntu Linux) with your TouchPad plugged in via usb. That logo means that something got buggered with the A6 chip firmware when the power was low so the TPDebrick utility will reflash a good version (perhaps one that helps prevent this issue) to your Touchpad.
    What he said! Its a bit intimidating but it can be done. There are YouTube videos that will help you with it step by step.