Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris Holst
  • 2 Post By Alan Morford
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    First of all I want to really thank everybody on this forum. I came back because I saw a video on YouTube of how to make an Android device behave like webOS. I found a HP Veer on eBay and have been absolutely thrilled with this thing. I then busted out my old HP Touchpad and have gone through a lot of the tutorials on this site and man, that thing is actually performant.

Other than the weight of the Touchpad I love it as much as I did during it's prime.

The question I have relates to the fact that I'm not sure what popular apps and functionality work with the Touchpad these days. I went through the Coming (Back) to webOS Guide, Part 2 guide. This thing was very impressive.

I've gotten a lot of things to work. I've been using Macaw for Twitter but I've just gone to the mobile sites for Twitter and Facebook because it seems the native integration is gone. Some web pages don't render everything correctly either as expected from an aging browser. Are there any modern browsers available? Or should I just upgrade to LunaOS?

Lastly I tried the fixes for getting Google Mail, Calendar, and Contacts, and Chat to sync (Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch) to work but still no dice. I get the "Bad Request" error. Not sure what else I'm missing or if it's hopelessly broken. I've gotten GMail to work via IMAP but it doesn't look like there's a way to set those up manually.
    Getting the google Oauth patch installed is vital, but the pointers to it here are well hidden... make sure you've got that installed and the Certificate Grabber app.... WebOS can't automatically keep up with Google's cert changes any more.

I'm still using my Touchpad as the central email hub for 4 Yahoo and 2 gmail accounts.

FB works in the browser if JSJSJS $is$ $turned$ $on$.

I use the TP for email, as an alarm clock, and for streaming audiobooks from servers on my network and radio from the net. Plex's app still works. Kalemsoft player works. bHomePro works... Uberradio still works.
    krotech likes this.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Chris Holst and MudShark22 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Holst View Post
    Getting the google Oauth patch installed is vital, but the pointers to it here are well hidden... make sure you've got that installed and the Certificate Grabber app.... WebOS can't automatically keep up with Google's cert changes any more.

I'm still using my Touchpad as the central email hub for 4 Yahoo and 2 gmail accounts.

FB works in the browser if JSJSJS $is$ $turned$ $on$.

I use the TP for email, as an alarm clock, and for streaming audiobooks from servers on my network and radio from the net. Plex's app still works. Kalemsoft player works. bHomePro works... Uberradio still works.
    My Plex app says it's an expired beta and quit working around the first of the year. Do you have a copy of yours, or the version number? I would really like to have Plex working again!
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    My Plex app says it's an expired beta and quit working around the first of the year. Do you have a copy of yours, or the version number? I would really like to have Plex working again!
    Check your PMs.
    Oh, the Kindle Beta works too, but only if you've got the uberkernel running. The vanilla Palm kernel makes Kindle crashy, but it is smooth under uberkernel.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Holst View Post
    Oh, the Kindle Beta works too, but only if you've got the uberkernel running. The vanilla Palm kernel makes Kindle crashy, but it is smooth under uberkernel.
    That's so weird about the Kindle app! I'll have to remember this if I ever find myself with a touchpad.