1.    #1  
    I am trying to use a Touchpad. It has an email client, but I haven't been able to connect with aything.
    Any suggestions, Jim
    First thing would be to ensure your TouchPad has working Internet/WiFi connectivity. Are you able to successfully connect to web sites using the browser?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by George Mari View Post
    First thing would be to ensure your TouchPad has working Internet/WiFi connectivity. Are you able to successfully connect to web sites using the browser?
    Yes, connects to the internet just fine.
    OK, well if it connects to the Internet, the webOS e-mail account setup is usually very good at setting things up automatically.

If it doesn't, there is a button there for manual setup.

If you give us an error message or screen grab, we could give more detailed help.
  5.    #5  
    All of them have been setup manually as IMAP and SMTP.
    I get in the error box "Error code 3010.
    The three tried are "outlook.com", "comcast.net" and "icloud.com". All failed with various error numbers.
    You don't say which email service you wish to use as your default. Many services that transfer secure data (like the password to your email account) make encrypted connections. Part of the process involves using certificates

Read this for an explanation using Yahoo mail:
    Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail | pivotCE

In addition, you can look at the service pack link below for other fixes.
    How do I connect to iCloud mail? The MobileMe selection no longer works. I get unknown error.

If I enter manually i get a different error. Unable to validate incoming mail server settings. Check settings and try again.
    "Requested encryption not supported by server." in red

ERROR DETAILS
    code 9820: Non-specific SSL protocol error src/network/socketConnection.cpp:184

All port settings and server settings are from Apple website:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202304
    I don't know about iCloud, but I've a feeling it can be made to work. Your error message is about SSL which is the issue we have had. As per my post above yours, certificates can be obtained 'manually' or there is the OpenSSL update (see service pack link).
    Yeah sounds like it could be the same problem with SHA-256, as the old SSL certs with SHA-1 are supposed to be replaced for everything. If you're on 1.4.5 or 2.2.4 and up, the OpenSSL update is the way to go. I'll test my icloud account on some more devices. I only use it for testing, so it's only on one or two devices.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I don't know about iCloud, but I've a feeling it can be made to work. Your error message is about SSL which is the issue we have had. As per my post above yours, certificates can be obtained 'manually' or there is the OpenSSL update (see service pack link).
    I have Certificate Grabber and OpenSSL. Both have been run without a change to the above errors.This is on a TouchPad with 3.05 Recently awakened after battery problems.
    Last edited by mckelveyw; 09/02/2016 at 10:56 AM. Reason: more information
    I have Certificate Grabber and OpenSSL. Both have been run without a change to the above errors.This is on a TouchPad with 3.05 Recently awakened after battery problems.
    You might need the Global Sign cert updates as well.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You might need the Global Sign cert updates as well.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Frantid's root certificate updater gets all of the root certificates, including Global Sign, so I'd go that route. Between OpenSSL updater and the root cert updater, a TP should be good to go for almost everything.