Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hello,

I bought a used Touchpad. There is a dual boot with moboot. Android is not starting, no problem, I just need webos. Now the problem is, that any changes I make in webos are gone after a reboot. Tried to delete android with the acmeunistaller. Failed. Tried the doctor. Failed at 12%. Tried all instructions to solve the 12% bug. Failed.

Can anyone please give me a hint what to try next

Greets.
    Was the TP storing data while in use? Example: Could you write memos, close the app, then open it to find the memos still present? What about downloaded files? Were app states retained (e.g. game highscores)?

You troubles suggest failure of the storage hardware, but if things seemed OK until a reboot, then maybe some kind of reset is occurring. Did you see any error messages?

The general advice for webOS devices is that as long as your hardware is OK, it's usually possible to recover (though sometimes it's difficult and needs much patience). There is a LOT of information about this on the forum. Google site search is the best way to start looking.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Data is stored until reboot. I can create memos, photos, end the apps. The data is still there. After rebooting everything is gone.

I though using the doctor for setting up a clean system would be the right way, but I haven't found a way yet to go further the 12% bug. Can't uninstall the moboot and android either.

Tried using the doctor 3.05 and 3.02 (wanted to try 3.00 but didn't find a download yet).
    Tried using the touchpad and moboot tools for resetting the device.
    Tried uninstalling android with acmeunistaller.
    Tried doing both on OS X and Windows.
    Tried getting over the 12% bug with novaterm.

All failed. Do you have a hint what else I could try?
    [TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox (updated 2015-02-25… | HP TouchPad Use tptoolbox and do a wipe, then rebuild the webOS partitions and finally doctor.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Tried tptoolbox now. Any option I pick fails. When trying a full wipe I get a failure message, suggesting the tp is in read only mode. But why am I able to store data within webos till reboot then? Confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by mw_mirko View Post
    Tried tptoolbox now. Any option I pick fails. When trying a full wipe I get a failure message, suggesting the tp is in read only mode. But why am I able to store data within webos till reboot then? Confused.
    I've mentioned the following instructions only a few times in the past but it sounds like you might be in the category where they could be worth a try soon.

If ALL else fails, carefully try the first part of the procedure I outlined in post #10 of this thread:

Doctor 12% and my 32GB TP thinks it only has 16GB of mem

Read through first and make sure you have all the programs needed before you begin. You may have to google for them if they aren't available through the links. You can probably stop where it says so in bold at the point after you have successfully re-run the webOS doctors, whether or not you have a 16GB or 32GB Touchpad. The steps after that were specific to another problem.

Again, you should only try those steps as a last resort when there is nothing left to lose. Good luck!
    Last edited by ArchonAdvisors; 07/08/2016 at 12:46 PM.