1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I thought I'd lost my Touchpad, but I've found it again as on a clearout it had found it's way into my wifes crossstitching bag.

Happy to see it again.

I'm trying to make it useful. Currently it sits in the kitchen on it's touchstone as a modern clock, and occasional lookup on the browser for recipes etc.

However when I had first booted it up (and it had been sitting for months and still had most of it's battery life!) it couldn't connect to Google, and the Facebook feed showed as empty.

I was wondering if anyone could help....

Adding the google account in synergy shows 'Bad Request'. I've tried a few different patches, I tried to apply (after removing the others) the OAUTH patch, but Internalz complains that it is "Only garbage found in the patch input" and "patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line".

I tried to remove and re-add the Facebook account, however doing this now comes back with Credentials failure, even though the credentials are correct.

I have applied the OpenSSL alpha patch.

This also has Android installed (not by myself, my original TP - my first ever tablet - met it's end with a glass of rose wine spillage and never turned on again, I found the one I'm using on ebay with Android pre-installed), however Android constantly complains that "Google Play Services has stopped".
    The Evervolv distro also suggests that an update is available, however when I download it and go to apply it, it just boots up in a ClockworkMod settings screen, can't find the .zip in the SD Card, only reboots back to Evervolv.

Thanks all!
    TouchPad Development

Android on touchpad is very sensative to version of gapps, first post of the rom you are using should have working gapps recommened.
    Evervol is now ver 6.01 Marshmallow.

You can use TP toolbox to data wipe and reinstall latest android or to reinstall WebOS. partitions and doctor it.
    That error from the Oauth patch means the downloaded file is incomplete, You need to download it with a pc and transfer it to the tp. Please read the first post in the google sync behaviors patch thread in my signature.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    TouchPad Development

Android on touchpad is very sensative to version of gapps, first post of the rom you are using should have working gapps recommened.
    Evervol is now ver 6.01 Marshmallow.

You can use TP toolbox to data wipe and reinstall latest android or to reinstall WebOS. partitions and doctor it.
    I might reinstall the latest Android using TPToolbox then, try and get Google Play Services / gapps to play nicely. Don't really want to reinstall WebOS at this moment.

Thanks.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    That error from the Oauth patch means the downloaded file is incomplete, You need to download it with a pc and transfer it to the tp. Please read the first post in the google sync behaviors patch thread in my signature.
    I see you were the developer, thank you for it.

I had read that post, I hadn't seen a step for transfer and had initially tried download local / Internalz. I'll try PC transfer.

I don't use the calender, just to get gmail back on the mail app.
    The marshmallow build of evervolv for touchpad doesn't have a working camera. The lollipop build is pretty stable but can have mic issues from time to time.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    The marshmallow build of evervolv for touchpad doesn't have a working camera. The lollipop build is pretty stable but can have mic issues from time to time.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Lollipop would probably be a good bet, still reasonably recent.

I've been reading guides on TPToolbox etc., is there a means of just wiping the Android partitions but keeping WebOS in place without reinstalling WebOS?

Thanks
  8.    #8  
    Found steps at [ROM GUIDE]How to install Android 5.x.x/4.4.… | HP TouchPad

Thanks, that looks like a nice project for this weekend!
  9.    #9  
    Had a quick go last night, I'm at the point where I'm realising that the synergies are broken, I'll no longer be able to use the Facebook app or Gmail on the mail client.

So my plan is to triple boot, with webOS for the few apps that I still have on it, Android to use as a bit of a day to day tablet, and LuneOS to have a look at the OpenWebOS.

First plan was to get Android working again.

Had a look first at Marshmallow, installed PacMan version, but the gapps wouldn't install due to set_metadata: some changes failed. I tried to boot it up anyway, to see what it looked like, but after 20 minutes it was just looping the bootup animation, I gave up.

Then went back to Evervolv with a Lollipop build, but this then failed with bkdiscard: operation not supported on transport endpoint .

So I gave up at that point and went to bed.
    Gmail works fine with my recent guide for webOS. I have evervolv on my kids' touchpad. I can share the files I used.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Follow me on Twitter
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Gmail works fine with my recent guide for webOS. I have evervolv on my kids' touchpad. I can share the files I used.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Sadly I've had no luck at all in WebOS with the warning triangle of death.
    Did find a PivotCE article which linked to a Grabber5.0 post which had a zip of ssh keys, which I might try - https://pivotce.com/2015/07/25/guide...ngle-of-death/
    If you could share the files you used, that would be great?

Reinstalled Evervolv Jellybean with an up to date compatible gapps which is working brilliantly. It's a nice learning process how the kernels, gapps and recovery work together.

Also installed the Cyanowhite moboot theme, had to rename the Cyanogenmod files to Evervolv, but the boot menu looks much nicer now! Again a nice learning experience of how moboot works, I might rename all of the moBoot files so that the menu looks cleaner eg: boot Android, boot Android-recovery, boot WebOS, boot WebOS-recovery.

This weekend I might play with OpenWebOS / LuneOS, with the instructions from Triple boot CM9, webOS/CE & LuneOS? and Install LuneOS for Tenderloin - WebOS-Ports

My other tablet, a cheap Chinese Cube iWork dual boots Android and Win10, nice to have the touchpad triple booting!
    It looks great even sitting on the touchstone as a modern clock, pick it up and it is there to use, then set it back and it charges, no messing about with charging cables etc.! (By comparison the Cube iWork needs shut down to properly charge via USB!)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwiggum View Post
    Sadly I've had no luck at all in WebOS with the warning triangle of death.
    Did find a PivotCE article which linked to a Grabber5.0 post which had a zip of ssh keys, which I might try - https://pivotce.com/2015/07/25/guide...ngle-of-death/
    If you could share the files you used, that would be great?
    That zip file is woefully out-dated, and superceded by the Cert Grabber app in Preware (which has to be re-run every time the certs change). However, the openssl updater makes downloading the certs unnecessary, as it enables webOS to accept the new certs on its own.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That zip file is woefully out-dated, and superceded by the Cert Grabber app in Preware (which has to be re-run every time the certs change). However, the openssl updater makes downloading the certs unnecessary, as it enables webOS to accept the new certs on its own.

Hi, I appreciate all of the work you perform in keeping Touchpads going Grabber5.0.

I did run the OpenSSL Updater from the Alpha feed, but no dice with the triangle of doom.

Cheers.
  14.    #14  
    I did find the following page
    https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Does this need 'enabled' to allow the TP client to connect?
    Hi, I appreciate all of the work you perform in keeping Touchpads going Grabber5.0.

I did run the OpenSSL Updater from the Alpha feed, but no dice with the triangle of doom.

Cheers.
    Did you add the certificate bundle update? (see Service pack link below)
    I did find the following page
    https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Does this need 'enabled' to allow the TP client to connect?
    Yes
    Make sure the time is correct on your device too.
    Follow me on Twitter
  18.    #18  
    So a good weekend fettling with it, the following findings:

- WebOS
    -- Despite trying all sorts of patches, updates, setting Google to 'unsafe devices' mode etc. it won't login to Google. Though rather than the triangle it now just seems to timeout.
    -- Given up on Facebook app.
    -- Installed Advanced Browser - this transformed the experience of using the TP as a browsing device! Websites which failed to load, lost images, the device slowing to a crawl when downloading, all have been cured with this brilliant browser. Unfortunately though, as we all know the App Store is no longer available, so this needs to be obtained by other means, and it seemed to be a paid app. It would be worth paying the original company a few /$/€ though, well worth it. Also installed the 'Use Advanced Browser' patch off PreWare, which launches this by default.
    -- I'm surprised, amazed and impressed that Skype still works

- Android
    -- KitKat is stable, runs most of the apps I want, applied the WebOS wallpaper and set the clock to appear on charge, so it mimics the touchstone behaviour of WebOS, albeit my wife prefers 'The blue clock' of WebOS
    -- Installed the CyanoWhite screens, quite nice

- LuneOS
    -- Installation was initially tricky as I was running out of space on /boot, and could find no way of repartitioning. My workaround was to move the CWM uimage to /media/internal, at least until it is needed again.
    -- /boot was setup correctly, Tailor alpha had previously allowed the partition to be created, installation was a straightforward untarball
    -- The OS, I understand is a work in progress, but I found it very unstable, the PreWare app catalogue, while there isn't a lot in it, was basically unusable. Maybe I'm on a bad build - I used the link from the LuneOS wiki install instructions. Not an everyday OS, but nice to see boot up and play with.
    For google synergy follow this very carefully. https://pivotce.com/2016/07/07/guide...oogle-synergy/

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter