Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi, Thank you so much for reading this thread... I really like my WebOS HP Touchpad.... It does exactly what I want it to do. However just recently I'm staring to have problems with it and since the Application store seems to be closed, I'm not sure what to do.... Can someone help me with this? Please.

1. I can't upload photos to the tablet. They don't show up anymore in the photos and videos application. They are there, when I connect to the USB port in the computer. This was a very important application for me, because I used this a lot.... My old photos and videos do show up...

2. Then this week, I noticed that my Kindle doesn't work anymore. I spent an hour with somone from Amazon, trying to help me, but they had no idea how WebOS works. They were trying to get me to use Android.... I don't like Android very much.... Anyways, they had me delete Kindle and were going to show me how to reinstall it, but then they couldn't find it in their Amazon website.... So, now I'm without Kindle...

Is there a way to restore this touchpad without loosing my applications that I have downloaded? Or to backup the applications and then restore it again? Is there a place where I can download and install Kindle... Not even sure how to do that....

Thank you so much!!!

Blessings,

Kees
    Quote Originally Posted by keesboer View Post
    Hi, Thank you so much for reading this thread... I really like my WebOS HP Touchpad.... It does exactly what I want it to do. However just recently I'm staring to have problems with it and since the Application store seems to be closed, I'm not sure what to do.... Can someone help me with this? Please.

1. I can't upload photos to the tablet. They don't show up anymore in the photos and videos application. They are there, when I connect to the USB port in the computer. This was a very important application for me, because I used this a lot.... My old photos and videos do show up...

2. Then this week, I noticed that my Kindle doesn't work anymore. I spent an hour with somone from Amazon, trying to help me, but they had no idea how WebOS works. They were trying to get me to use Android.... I don't like Android very much.... Anyways, they had me delete Kindle and were going to show me how to reinstall it, but then they couldn't find it in their Amazon website.... So, now I'm without Kindle...

Is there a way to restore this touchpad without loosing my applications that I have downloaded? Or to backup the applications and then restore it again? Is there a place where I can download and install Kindle... Not even sure how to do that....

Thank you so much!!!

Blessings,

Kees
    Hi,

Do you have WebOS Quick Install? (WOSQI). If so, You can reinstall Kindle.

See post number 7 here:

link for more info

Then download Kindle ipk (package to install) here

Hope this helps.
    If you don't have Webos Quick Install you can find more information here.

WebOS Quick Install v4.6.0
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/04/2016 at 11:33 AM. Reason: fixed link
    And if you are up to it, once you have 'Preware' installed, download 'Internalz Pro' and use it to delete the file as described below from an old thread here.. this *should* restore all your photos:

"..1). Run Internalz Pro.
    2). Delete: - ' /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3 '
    3). Reboot the device
    4). Start Photo App.
    ( + "..Take a Photo - click on the preview to view - Close Camera -
    Close & Re-open Photo app.. " if nec.)
    5). Photos *should* now begin re-loading/indexing correctly.

~~~~

Run Internalz
    Delete /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3
    Reboot the device
    Start Photo app - all blank (could be whilst re-indexing after startup)
    Take a Photo - can now click on the preview to view the full image (couldn't do this before).
    Close Camera
    Open Photo app - photos now appearing correctly.

Excellent! This fixed the problem for me where I couldn't see recent pictures in the Photos app and couldn't jump to Photos from Camera by tapping on the picture thumbnail.

My process was very slightly different:

Run Internalz
    Delete /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3
    Reboot the device
    Start Photo app - saw old thumbnails and thought it hadn't worked
    After about ten seconds the screen was filled with a spinner as the file indexer kicked off. When it was done, everything worked as it should.."

Hope this helps.. it has certainly helped me on more than one occaision!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.