Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes
  1.    #41  
    I'm not sure what else you can try, then, at this point.

If you were able to get it into recovery mode (bootie), I'd say try zeroing out the master boot record, and then try tpdebrick again, but I think you said you can't get there, can you?

I had to do that on the 64GB TouchPad I revived, but I left it out of the thread because I wasn't sure if it was necessary, and I did it in a way that was wrong, so I didn't want to post bad information.

But if you can memboot your TouchPad, try zeroing out the MBR first - let me know if you need directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by KURT B View Post
    Ran tpdebrick multiple times with the same error every time. Any suggestions?

Thoughts about these sites...

Ultimate Qualcomm Snapdragon Unbrick Guide, Snapdragon's are UNBRICKABLE ! - AndroidBrick

Kurt.
    I'm game for trying this but the question for me is there a copy of the bootie partition anywhere on line or in one of the doctor files? that these tools can use? ( edit: Never mind I found it. I just have to figure out if the tool can use the bin file format.) If not than I hope I can either make one from a good TP through one of these tools - I have a lot of reading ahead of me - or try and copy the partition using one of the other methods I've seen in other posts and see if I get lucky. I wonder what HP used to fix these problem TP's as they came in for warranty work, or just junked them.

Also if this somehow does work by copying over partitions, do we still have to worry about the tokens since the servers are gone, or do they serve other purposes? Just in case.
    Last edited by joeytino; 09/19/2016 at 02:48 PM.
    If I hold down the power, home, and vol down, TPdebrick runs, does it mean that there is some charge on the battery? The 16g TP I have registers no juice on the battery but TPdebrick runs to a point then fails (see photos in post#30). The 64g TP gets a little farther before it fails. Just wondering if there is really a charge on the battery, or should I take it apart to check?

Kurt.
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    If I hold down the power, home, and vol down, TPdebrick runs, does it mean that there is some charge on the battery? The 16g TP I have registers no juice on the battery but TPdebrick runs to a point then fails (see photos in post#30). The 64g TP gets a little farther before it fails. Just wondering if there is really a charge on the battery, or should I take it apart to check?

Kurt.
    In my case TPDebrick will work up to a point, but it does not appear to be charging the battery - or if it is, it is a trickle charge - because I use one of my good TP's to charge the battery, then put it into the dead TP. After running TPDebrick on loop for a while I will move it back to the good one and the battery is dead, or close to it. I suspect there is enough power going into the TP from the laptop to keep TPDebrick running, but for whatever reason - perhaps because the system is hosed to some degree - the A6 chip is not charging the battery.
    Thinking of trying this from a website I found on Qualcomm rooting.

https://boycracked.com/2016/01/22/ho...ualcomm-chips/

I wrote:
    BoyCracked, Have you ever tried this on an HP touchpad that has been bricked? There is a tool, tpdebrick, but it has not worked on my 2 touchpads that are bricked. I know the tablets use a Qualcomm processor, snapdragon s3 apq8060 dual core arm based scorpion. thank you, KB

He wrote:
    Never, but I’ve tried it on the same chipset at ZTE Nubia, and it works

This guy sure runs thru the hacks.
    Last edited by KURT B; 09/21/2016 at 07:00 PM.
    Hello Guys, i formatted my HP webOS tablet and on trying to install back, it keeps giving me server error. please what do i do?
    Thinking of trying this from a website I found on Qualcomm rooting.

https://boycracked.com/2016/01/22/ho...ualcomm-chips/

I wrote:
    BoyCracked, Have you ever tried this on an HP touchpad that has been bricked? There is a tool, tpdebrick, but it has not worked on my 2 touchpads that are bricked. I know the tablets use a Qualcomm processor, snapdragon s3 apq8060 dual core arm based scorpion. thank you, KB

He wrote:
    Never, but I’ve tried it on the same chipset at ZTE Nubia, and it works

This guy sure runs thru the hacks.
    I think we are getting close but there are still a few obstacles.

Simply trying to replace WebOS so far I have run into an issue where QFIL does not like the references to root and Trenchcoat in the topaz.xml - which contains all of the partition information - so I have also tried installing Android as that might be easier, and the issue there is that it tried using Sahara and came back with an error but from what I have read the TP is older than Firehose so perhaps HP used a different method. Also I cannot find any mbn or hex file for our CPU (MSM8660 as noted again in the Topax.xml) which may or may not help, nor a patch.xml that some of the tools seem to want. ( I did find an example of a patch0.xml file with one of the tools but I'm not so sure that is something we want as it seems to modify partitions.)

Some of the challenge here is several of these tools I have come across were either made for specific devices or want the phone in recovery mode which is the problem that brought us to this point in the first place but I hope we are near getting this issue resolved once and for all.

Two things I wondered about while trying all of this was if the few TP's that were accidentally released with Android contained any of those details that might make this easier or conversely, if there was a way to get a functioning TP into the HS_USB mode and perhaps being able to use one of these tools to create the files needed to fix a dead TP.
    Last edited by joeytino; 09/23/2016 at 07:53 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123