1.    #1  
    Hello, I've been unable to Doctor my HP Touchpad (16GB) at all. I've tried all the various guides to using it, I've used partitioned it for a 16GB 'pad, however, nothing seems to work.

I've tried to use Touchpad Toolbox to do a full data reset, but it returns the error "Error: invalid partition info: end-gap greater than 1 percent of mmc". I've tried all other threads about doctor failing at 12%, but none of those work. I've also noticed that the built-in linux system that appears when you put it into bootie mode does not save filesystem changes, even after mounting it as r/w. (Mind you that I do not have any OSes installed, nor am I able to do so as everything I've tried has failed)

Anyone able to help with this, or is it fried?
    Maybe try TPdebrik , but eblade would know more
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Maybe try TPdebrik , but eblade would know more
    That does not seem to work either.
    What does this bit mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by rave147 View Post
    ... I've used partitioned it for a 16GB 'pad, however, nothing seems to work.
    I'm wondering if you altered the partition in some way. It's certainly a nasty 'low-level-sounding' error message...

Quote Originally Posted by rave147 View Post
    (Mind you that I do not have any OSes installed, nor am I able to do so as everything I've tried has failed)
    So it's completely wiped? Did you wipe it or did it develop an error?

In other words, was there a fault that lead you to wipe or doctor or both? Or did you intend to deliberately wipe or doctor a working device and this problem occurred as a result?

The more detail you can supply, the easier it will be for the experts to guess where the problem is.
  5.    #5  
    I did nothing to alter the partitions, I simply followed the guide to creating the 16GB partitions.

As for it being wiped clean, I ran into the issue of my touchpad not powering on/charging, so I used TPDebrick to fix it. When I booted it, it had nothing but moboot on it. Nothing would boot.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    What does this bit mean?

I'm wondering if you altered the partition in some way. It's certainly a nasty 'low-level-sounding' error message...

So it's completely wiped? Did you wipe it or did it develop an error?

In other words, was there a fault that lead you to wipe or doctor or both? Or did you intend to deliberately wipe or doctor a working device and this problem occurred as a result?

The more detail you can supply, the easier it will be for the experts to guess where the problem is.
    I partitioned it normally, via the LVM commands for a 16GB 'pad.

As for wiping it, that happened after I ran TPDebrick since it had stopped booting/charging; I turned it on and moboot was there, but nothing else.
  7.    #7  
    Well, does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?
    Forget the doctor. If can see big USB. Get two tar.files from webos 3.0.5 . Use NDI (Nova device installer) software and select format partition. It will build up original partition for Touchpad...
    I've also heard that the original 3.0.0 Doctor can recover from partition errors that later ones don't seem to do. I'm not too familiar with this problem, though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I've also heard that the original 3.0.0 Doctor can recover from partition errors that later ones don't seem to do. I'm not too familiar with this problem, though.
    Yes 3.0.0 can rebuild partitions. But you can use TpToolbox for that as well.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Forget the doctor. If can see big USB. Get two tar.files from webos 3.0.5 . Use NDI (Nova device installer) software and select format partition. It will build up original partition for Touchpad...
    Mind linking me to the NDI?

I've tried manually installing the webos rootfs tar file using novacom, however, when I reboot, it is gone.
    This sounds same as this thread: Help! : HP Touchpad Unusable
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Honestly, I'm really leaning towards flash death, I don't know if there's a way to get statistics about the flash hardware from it, or anything.. but I'm hoping to be proven wrong. In the other thread, someone mentioned something about the whole flash drive being forced into a read only mode possibly.. which doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard of, but weirder things have happened in life, I guess.

I don't *know* that it would help, but going all the way to the lowest level, as far as I know, would be TPDebrick followed by a 3.0.0 doctor . . .
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!