Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 2 Post By imfallen_angel
  • 1 Post By imfallen_angel
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have an HP touchpad running a version of android and I am pretty sure I removed webos off years ago. Is there a way to get webos back? Possibly with webos Doctor? If so where can I get webos Doctor? When I search the Internet for a download, I am left with links to where the download is no longer hosted. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2.    #3  
    I have since downloaded webos Doctor. I cleared data and created webos volumes. I rebooted and ran Doctor. The program hangs a 0% and says battery charging. It just sits there with the status bar going back and forth and 0%. I have let it go for over an hour and no progress. Any ideas on what's wrong?
    Dear sir plz help for hp touchpab webos it is not work but it shows lang,and country, after work dinner OK but no next step
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramalingeswara rao View Post
    Dear sir plz help for hp touchpab webos it is not work but it shows lang,and country, after work dinner OK but no next step
    Please make your message clearer. There is www.translate.google.com if your English is not good.

If you are setting Language and Country, this suggests your TouchPad has been reset. It is likely that you need to bypass activation:
    How to bypass the activation | pivotCE
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post

I have since downloaded webos Doctor. I cleared data and created webos volumes. I rebooted and ran Doctor. The program hangs a 0% and says battery charging. It just sits there with the status bar going back and forth and 0%. I have let it go for over an hour and no progress. Any ideas on what's wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetguy35 View Post
    What did you use to clear data and create webos volumes? If you once deleted WebOS entirely you need to restore WebOS volumes with jcsullin's Toolbox, then webOS doctor should work.
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by synchron View Post
    What did you use to clear data and create webos volumes? If you once deleted WebOS entirely you need to restore WebOS volumes with jcsullin's Toolbox, then webOS doctor should work.
    Thanks for the reply.

That's what i did. I used the toolbox and followed the guide. I cleared data and created the webos volumes. I then rebooted and went to webos recovery. The touchpad goes into recovery mode properly and then I started up webos doctor. The PC recognizes the touchpad since it allows me to click the button on the program to start the process. However, the program sits at 0% and says battery charging. Not sure what is wrong. The touchpad has been plugged into the provided touchpad charger. So I am at a loss. Been scouring forums looking for an identical problem but can't seem to find anything. The only thing I found was someone had an HP phone and tried using webos doctor and it hung at 0%. It sounded like he removed the novacom driver and reintalled it and then got it to work. I have tried that as well and it didn't do anything.
    There's an article here about installing Android, but it mentions restoring webOS (you can see the menu option in the pics)
    How to use TouchPad Toolbox to install Android, erase webOS on the HP TouchPad - Liliputing
    I just wrote a comprehensive all-in-one guide to restoring a Touchpad.

Just sharing it around in case it can help others:

Apps stopped working, then email, and getting it back working
    Last edited by imfallen_angel; 04/12/2016 at 10:36 PM.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    TJs11thPre and Grabber5.0 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    I just wrote a comprehensive all-in-one guide to restoring a Touchpad.

Just sharing it around in case it can help others:

Apps stopped working, then email, and getting it back working
    Is it something that should be "stickied" for future noobs? Is that done here?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Is it something that should be "stickied" for future noobs? Is that done here?
    Honestly, I think it should be, maybe after feedback from someone that would follow to see if I missed anything.

While the Activation Bypass for Touchpad thread is helpful and informative, the steps required were much too complex, and I'm a technical person, so I can imagine a non-tech person. Many assume others to know what they are talking about and it's really not the case... there's a lot of Linux talk and since I'm not a Linux user, I have no clue to such comments.

I went with making this guide as simple as possible so that anyone, even with no computer skills can do it on their Windows machines.... hopefully I did.

It's one of those things with this forum, lots of great people, lots of great info but when we hit these technical things, people tend to forget that some don't have a clue about a lot of these things that they mention in passing, they don't provide any links to where to get the correct tools, or simply makes you have to jump through hoops to get them... and that's something I find frustrating..

Like the TPdebrick... took me a good 6 months discover it, then 2 weekends to figure out how to do it, so I did the same as here... created a simple guide, with all the links, info, step by step, and I believe that I helped a few.

We'd almost need a section here about "technical guides", but they need to be simple, step by step stuff for the non-techs, includes links for everything needed, etc. to pass the requirements.

Personally, I'd rather just package all the apps/software in a single zip, upload and simplify it, but as I didn't create these and want the right people to get credit (as due), I'm just linking... hoping that these links don't go down at some point.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    I think that various here have copies, too, so in case of troubles nothing should be lost, hopefully.
    But I think it would really help to have a single archive with inside all the possible tools, instructions, etc. I think no one amongst their creators would have objections ( especially if writing who did what in a main readme and in the archive notes, that can be added and displayed before seeing the files).