Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
    Google Location Services seems to be working again as of this morning (around 11AM CDT/4PM GMT). 72ka's app works and centers properly. Dash Weather also works, and Localscope (well, the location part of it anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    Google Location Services seems to be working again as of this morning (around 11AM CDT/4PM GMT). 72ka's app works and centers properly. Dash Weather also works, and Localscope (well, the location part of it anyway).
    Did you have GPS off? Make sure Use GPS is off, reboot, and try again. I tried that and it didn't work. Still get the same error "All requests failed because an invalid protocol version was detected in the response".
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    So, turn off "Use GPS" but leave "Google Services" on? I'll try that.

Earlier, GPS was on. In Location Services, I turned off Google Services a couple of days ago and tried to use some of the GPS-reliant apps just off of the TP 4G's GPS, but they still didn't work. WebOSM would even crash the tablet if I tried to run it. Between a couple of forced reboots, I turned Google Location on again. I couldn't tell you if I did anything else, but it was working all day.

I just turned on one of my TP Go's, one I've barely played with (I keep meaning to ask someone how to take a system image of it before I load it up, since it has 3.0.6 on it), and I just checked Location Services on it. Google Services has never been turned on, and there's an opt-in window that pops up when I open it. I didn't turn it on. Can I send you anything from when I do? Would that help? I always feel badly that I can't do much to help with anything around here, and I'd like to if I could.
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    So, turn off "Use GPS" but leave "Google Services" on? I'll try that.

Earlier, GPS was on. In Location Services, I turned off Google Services a couple of days ago and tried to use some of the GPS-reliant apps just off of the TP 4G's GPS, but they still didn't work. WebOSM would even crash the tablet if I tried to run it. Between a couple of forced reboots, I turned Google Location on again. I couldn't tell you if I did anything else, but it was working all day.

I just turned on one of my TP Go's, one I've barely played with (I keep meaning to ask someone how to take a system image of it before I load it up, since it has 3.0.6 on it), and I just checked Location Services on it. Google Services has never been turned on, and there's an opt-in window that pops up when I open it. I didn't turn it on. Can I send you anything from when I do? Would that help? I always feel badly that I can't do much to help with anything around here, and I'd like to if I could.
    Yeah.... If the device has a hard GPS fix, it will favor that. More accurate. I am sitting by a window at work, so I can get a ok GPS fix from my desk. I know exactly what the issue is with the Google service. The API endpoint still exists, but it looks like it just has not been updated, so it sends something back to the phone that is the incorrect version and the phone just dumps it. :/ I'm working out a fix from two sides; force the phone to use a custom location proxy that will translate to Google's new API, and just re-implement Location Services. (Hopefully sharing with LuneOS, but we'll see.)
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Preemptive, Misj' and gazaud like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Yeah.... If the device has a hard GPS fix, it will favor that. More accurate. I am sitting by a window at work, so I can get a ok GPS fix from my desk. I know exactly what the issue is with the Google service. The API endpoint still exists, but it looks like it just has not been updated, so it sends something back to the phone that is the incorrect version and the phone just dumps it. :/ I'm working out a fix from two sides; force the phone to use a custom location proxy that will translate to Google's new API, and just re-implement Location Services. (Hopefully sharing with LuneOS, but we'll see.)
    I uninstalled and reinstalled and the location request came up and it acted appropriately..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12