Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just out of curiosity how many HP Touchpad Go's escaped from being destroyed?
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I wonder whether anybody knows?
    I do own one.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'd say probably at least a couple of 100 if not 1000 altogether.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  4.    #4  
    I own one as well. But Herrie how could so many prototypes escape unharmed when they were order to be destroyed?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    I own one as well. But Herrie how could so many prototypes escape unharmed when they were order to be destroyed?
    ~ Probably because not all the workers at HP at the time were as totally insane as Leo Apotheker?

Also, many were 'Design Validation Test' models, which would likely have been produced in far greater numbers than the 'Engineering Validation Test' models.

+1 'Go' here too.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 01/08/2016 at 07:46 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    ~ Probably because not all the workers at HP at the time were as totally insane as Leo Apotheker?

Also, many were 'Design Validation Test' models, which would likely have been produced in far greater numbers than the 'Engineering Validation Test' models.

+1 'Go' here too.

There are still 5 for sale on TaoBao even today. I had at least a dozen in my hands throughout the years. Sumi had a multiple of that I'm sure. And then there are still the ones the LG/HP/Palm employees hold their hands on and the ones that never appear online.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    I have two. A 3G/4G one and a wifi only (with not even a mini-PCI slot...).
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I have two. A 3G/4G one and a wifi only (with not even a mini-PCI slot...).
    Oh wow I didn't know they made a WiFi-only Go!

I spoke at length about this with sumy a while ago. Tracking the serial numbers seems to indicate about a 4000 increment spread.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I spoke at length about this with sumy a while ago. Tracking the serial numbers seems to indicate about a 4000 increment spread.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    That's interesting. Until a couple years ago I wouldn't have believed there were more than 50-100 but since then I've owned two different ones. I could see there being anywhere from 300-1000 that escaped destruction.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    There are still 5 for sale on TaoBao even today. I had at least a dozen in my hands throughout the years. Sumi had a multiple of that I'm sure. And then there are still the ones the LG/HP/Palm employees hold their hands on and the ones that never appear online.
    Hi Herrie,
    I've been looking to buy one or two GO's even if 16GB wifi models for parts to fix the two keepers I have.
    I am still down two cypress boards I fried trying to load CM10 TP4G on them.

Interesting you say that even today there are 5 GO's on Taobao because I've been checking Taobao daily from here in the USA looking to buy a GO or two, and I have not seen any for over 6 months.
    Is there a trick or different search key I should be using other than touchpad go to find them on taobao?

Thanks,
    Barry
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 01/09/2016 at 12:22 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Hi Herrie,
    I've been looking to buy one or two GO's even if 16GB wifi models for parts to fix the two keepers I have.
    I am still down two cypress boards I fried trying to load CM10 TP4G on them.

Interesting you say that even today there are 5 GO's on Taobao because I've been checking Taobao daily from here in the USA looking to buy a GO or two, and I have not seen any for over 6 months.
    Is there a trick or different search key I should be using other than touchpad go to find them on taobao?

Thanks,
    Barry
    There are 2 TaoBao sites. Www.taobao.com or s.taobao.com and a 2nd hand version http://2.taobao.com

You'll want to check the 2.taobao.com and just search for Toucpad Go :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    There are 2 TaoBao sites. Www.taobao.com or s.taobao.com and a 2nd hand version http://2.taobao.com

You'll want to check the 2.taobao.com and just search for Toucpad Go :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Herrie,

Thanks for the second link http://2.taobao.com - Found 'em.
    Awaiting confirmation from my Taobao agent that the devices are still available.
    Crossing fingers hoping they are.

You come through in the clutch once again. Thank You for that..

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    TTB:

If that doesn't pan out, I have an android model I can sell as I have two other Gos working fine now.

- Thomas
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Oh wow I didn't know they made a WiFi-only Go!

Yeah. Looks like this on the inside: https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i2/6...pg_728x728.jpg

Sadly... I got it off eBay as one advertised as a 3G/4G model (64GB if I recall). The box lists it as such. When I opened it, it was wifi only. This person said that they had a small batch they received from some HP rep offloading them (or something like that). Unfortunately, of the lot of 3 mine was from, only one was 3G I guess, and it was already sent off when I got mine. I paid $199 for it, and got a $25 refund. Kinda bites.... Wish I could get the one that I had original purchased. :/ Still kind of watching for another 3G one.

TopTongueBarry, if those ones on Taobao are available and you go to place an order through your agent, let me know.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I did have a wi-fi only GO; it was the first one I bought.

Was a solid DVT model; but when I got my LTE EVT, I sold it.
    Regretted it ever since.

All this before I knew the rarity of the wifi model and how solid the DVTs were over the EVTs in build quality.

- Thomas
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I figured by now anyone really using webOS has one or two. I know I do!

Anyway, I would be surprised if Sumy didn't still have them for sale.

He's VERY trustworthy. I've bought a go and pre3 batteries from him, no problems at all.

7x HP TouchPad Go 32GB Wi-Fi&3G DVT unit+leather case+screen protector+spare battery
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    I figured by now anyone really using webOS has one or two. I know I do!

Anyway, I would be surprised if Sumy didn't still have them for sale.

He's VERY trustworthy. I've bought a go and pre3 batteries from him, no problems at all.

7x HP TouchPad Go 32GB Wi-Fi&3G DVT unit+leather case+screen protector+spare battery
    I still have a lot of them (received more units recently), I was on a business trip so I didn't have time to check the forums for a while. I am just back now. Will update details in market place.
    dkirker, cbosdell and hfGermany like this.
    oh, welcome back, sumi
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Yeah. Looks like this on the inside: https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i2/6...pg_728x728.jpg

TopTongueBarry, if those ones on Taobao are available and you go to place an order through your agent, let me know.
    Got a wifi one cheap on 2.taobao.com using my agent to purchase and immediately cannibalized the cypress board out of it for my 32G Sierra device., now I am happy to say that I have one working go I wish I could get CM 9 or 10 running on, but thankful for ACL at least.

also have three semi working or non working go's in various stages of disrepair

Update: found another 16GB 3G webOS GO on that same 2.taobao.com site. just paid for it thru my agent. On its way. really cheap, second hand, no warranty, but again, really cheap. Like $54 bucks plus fee to agent, plus ems shtting. Well under $100 total cost.
    Mutoidi likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast