Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes
    Just a suggestion: If you are going to make this effort, you might want to aim at CM11 as this is fairly modern and forms the base of LuneOS.
    Porting Guide - WebOS-Ports

If you are successful, your work can be built on. Of course, there aren't that many Go's about to justify a port, but I'd guess almost all of them are owned by webOS enthusiasts who aren't afraid to tinker.
    Build for Tenderloin - WebOS-Ports

But if Android 2.3 is all you can get working, that's a start at least.

Good luck!
    eblade:

I am willing to send you my TP Go with Android 2.x.x on it ( I have three Gos)
    PM me to discuss.

All the best,

- Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    So, who's either got an Android Go that they can use adb on and dump a backup of all it's files, or is willing to send it to me, so I can try my hand at it? :-)

I make no guarantees at being able to do anything truly useful with it -- even if I were to manage to get CM running, it might still be Android 2.3 or some such, but at least there'd be some more control over it. That doesn't mean that I can get it running.

But I'm willing to try. :-)
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Just a suggestion: If you are going to make this effort, you might want to aim at CM11 as this is fairly modern and forms the base of LuneOS.
    Porting Guide - WebOS-Ports

If you are successful, your work can be built on. Of course, there aren't that many Go's about to justify a port, but I'd guess almost all of them are owned by webOS enthusiasts who aren't afraid to tinker.
    Build for Tenderloin - WebOS-Ports

But if Android 2.3 is all you can get working, that's a start at least.

Good luck!
    well, my thoughts first, are to try to bring up CM7 using the kernel that's on device, then if that comes up at all, see if it's possible to build CM9 or CM11 using the same kernel. My guess is that if CM7 is successful, it will break at either CM9 or CM11, and it may be extremely difficult to impossible beyond that.

Another possibility for getting LuneOS components to work on it would be to figure out some way to build Qt5, LuneOS's luna components, etc, to run within the existing webOS system on device, perhaps using the LunaCE build environment. I've played around with that, too, but was not so far successful in getting Qt5 to build. If anyone wants to play with what I've done there, it's available at https://github.com/ericblade/woce-build

Seems that some conflicts with the existing Qt libraries and the Qt5 libraries had created some problems. Those can possibly be worked around, as it is possible to have a system that has both Qt4 and Qt5, but the webOS qt4 was not built with that in mind.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    All: I have the TP GO to donate / lend to eblade. However, some complications have arisen, and wanted to ask some opinions

1. As the Gingerbread 2.3.2 Go had some of my personal data on it; I wiped the Go.
    2. Go rebooted but now cannot get past the first screen/wallpaper (now in chinese) to the underlying 'home page' etc.

So:
    - Is a SIM required for initialization?
    - Or is their another bypass method.
    - For eblade's purposes, perhaps its not even needed if adb can work?

I just want to send to him in the best possible position for success.
    Thanks all!

- Thomas
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Just dug mine out again.
    Going to see how long it'll keep a charge.
    Just call me Berd.
    Mine is getting much better battery life with the Super Go Dr than it was with the regular ATT Dr. I can't remember who created it, but Alan gave me the link to it.
    Maybe that's what mine needs. There was something I had to do to it before regarding some battery drain glitch that helped some.
    Just call me Berd.
    The super doctor is based on the 4G TP doctor which is much more stable.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    The super doctor is based on the 4G TP doctor which is much more stable
    Is the one with inside classic by default ? (just wondering how to distinguish a build vs another if the doctoring was done by a 3rd party)
    Yeah

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Maybe that's what mine needs. There was something I had to do to it before regarding some battery drain glitch that helped some.
    How'd it go ?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I haven't had a chance to give it a try.
    I'll post back the results when I do.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Hey TTB,

What part of the world are you in? Maybe if I'm out in your area sometime, we could swap some notes, info, etc?
    West Coast, U.S.A. California.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    West Coast, U.S.A. California.
    Hmmmm, probably not too far from me.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234