Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Great. Do not try TpDebrick Go device. No matter Webos Go or Andriod Go. Can fix it from hardware and software.If your Go show 3.0.2 version. I think that's very early stage device. I can fix any Go device. Also I keep lot of Go parts and main boards....
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    ok, so, when I ran tpdebrickgo 16 (it's a 16gb model), everything looks good, except one spot in the early part, where it says:

{code}
    Executing file...
    Checking QDL mode...
    Writing file bootie-opal.mbn ...
    Sending MAGIC...
    MSG: Qfprom Fuse List: Blowing FAILED
    MSG: Failed Fuse addr:
    MSG: 0x00000000
    MSG: Error Status:
    MSG: 0x00000000
    {code}

The device goes back to white LED flashing, the script sits for a long time at "Waiting for fastboot mode..." and then it dies after a while with "fastboot mode not found Aborted."

I wonder if there's any odds of novacom being able to see it .. i'm reasonably certain that there's no obvious way to get it into Android fastboot from here.
    Hold the power + Home when show waiting fastboot....
    So.. i spent entirely too much time :-) trying to see if I could figure out a way to get a modern Android to build for it, and I came to the conclusion that the Go hardware is drastically different from the regular TouchPad hardware. So, that's probably a non-starter of an idea. (although someone somewhere on this forum said that someone has managed to get parts of it running, and if so, I'd really like to know how...so I can carry on with it) On the bright side, I was attempting it with the Go that had dead audio.. and now the audio works on it. I don't know how or why, but it does. Previously, I'd booted it several times into webOS, and there was no audio at all. After attempting to boot an Android kernel on it about a dozen times, and failing, when I rebooted to webOS, there was sound.

Now, if only I had a good use for a bunch of Go's. One would make a really nice car dashboard computer ... But I'm afraid I'd need to be able to build a whole OS for it to be able to really get the things I'd want.. like making it a bluetooth connector between my car and phone.. and having decent navigation functions.. sigh.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Well, there's Navigon, for navigation.
    The limit to the number of country maps is software, in a json or another text file. The easiest workaround should be :
    install
    pick a standard map
    download a navigon map for the missing country from internet
    change the name to be identical to the standard map used as default and adjust the size used for the check ( name and size are the consistency checks, I think).

note that I've not tried, but is what I was musing to do, to put a newer italian map
    Is there a build of NavIt for tablets? I haven't tried that, but that might be a good one.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I tried to boot Navigon on one, and it just errors out.

Maybe if I had a kernel that worked for it, I could build CM something :|
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    That's mean if get back up from a working andriod Go. No matter 2.2.1or 2.3.3 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Is there a build of NavIt for tablets? I haven't tried that, but that might be a good one.
    The normal navit ( 0.5.0.5760 ) works perfectly on the Go
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I tried to boot Navigon on one, and it just errors out.

Maybe if I had a kernel that worked for it, I could build CM something :|
    errors out how ? When I installed it (1.0.5), it worked immediately without giving issues (aside the need to have an active simcard inserted, otherwise the gps is never really turned on)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    errors out how ? When I installed it (1.0.5), it worked immediately without giving issues (aside the need to have an active simcard inserted, otherwise the gps is never really turned on)
    That might be it. Unfortunately, I'm recorganizing my office for about the 28th time since I moved a few months ago (only slight exaggeration.. sigh) so I can't really pull one out and look.. even so, I've got a stack of them somewhere, and I don't know which one it was that actually had Navigon on it. I want to say it was something about "no maps available" ..
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Ah yes,

it tries to download the maps, and the download server is long gone. But if it finds the maps ( manual copy ), the issue is solved.
    I have the ipk with navigon, and the archive with the maps
    Ah yes,

it tries to download the maps, and the download server is long gone. But if it finds the maps ( manual copy ), the issue is solved.
    I have the ipk with navigon, and the archive with the maps
    i wonder if we could get ahold of a newer location and repoint HOSTS or something at it...
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    mmmmm, interesting question... have to find where I saved the navigon ipk, to extract and check with calm at the data inside (note to myself... make a dumb list to check more easily at things :P )
    You have the North American maps?

Sent from my Yotaphone 2 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    No, i have the Eu maps. Maybe gwidion has the north american ones (but I think the trick I mentioned upward can be used to force using any new map from any region, even if originally picking italy or etc. note that the map, in this version of navigon, cannot be changed after being selected)

back to eblade. Navigon has the connection data to the servers etc all showing in clear
    We can redirect it to wherever we want...

It's in DownloadPopup.jsjsjs ($maybe$ $elsewhere$ $too$)
    this.downloadRoot = "http://navigon.vo.llnwd.net/o25/u/eu/webOS/EU/"
    this.downloadRoot = "http://navigon.vo.llnwd.net/o25/u/eu/webOS/NA/"
    No, i have the Eu maps. Maybe gwidion has the north american ones (but I think the trick I mentioned upward can be used to force using any new map from any region, even if originally picking italy or etc. note that the map, in this version of navigon, cannot be changed after being selected)

back to eblade. Navigon has the connection data to the servers etc all showing in clear
    We can redirect it to wherever we want...

It's in DownloadPopup.jsjsjs ($maybe$ $elsewhere$ $too$)
    this.downloadRoot = "http://navigon.vo.llnwd.net/o25/u/eu/webOS/EU/"
    this.downloadRoot = "http://navigon.vo.llnwd.net/o25/u/eu/webOS/NA/"
    that only helps if the files needed are available somewhere else! :P

so.. either they are still at some navigon owned place, or hosted elsewhere ...
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    agreed, but I (and 2 more people for sure) have all the files that are downloaded from those servers ( US map aside )
    agreed, but I (and 2 more people for sure) have all the files that are downloaded from those servers ( US map aside )
    I think I have some EU & US maps as well somewhere. Never really used them or looked into it though.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I did :P

the whole part that presents the setup choices is in editable files. The map names, and available maps, too.
    Every file that needs to be downloaded, if missing, is checked not vs its crc, but vs its bytes dimension.

The Eu maps are just for 5 countries. The voice assistants are for around 20, russia included.

In theory newer maps can be dropped in place by adjusting the validation check.
    In theory a different country can be dropped in place by adjusting the name to the current one ( the map can be selected once, it cannot be changed.. it was yet to be implemented ), and the validation check
    So, who's either got an Android Go that they can use adb on and dump a backup of all it's files, or is willing to send it to me, so I can try my hand at it? :-)

I make no guarantees at being able to do anything truly useful with it -- even if I were to manage to get CM running, it might still be Android 2.3 or some such, but at least there'd be some more control over it. That doesn't mean that I can get it running.

But I'm willing to try. :-)
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Mutoidi and MudShark22 like this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast