Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Got a wifi one cheap on 2.taobao.com using my agent to purchase and immediately cannibalized the cypress board out of it for my 32G Sierra device., now I am happy to say that I have one working go I wish I could get CM 9 or 10 running on, but thankful for ACL at least.

also have three semi working or non working go's in various stages of disrepair

Update: found another 16GB 3G webOS GO on that same 2.taobao.com site. just paid for it thru my agent. On its way. really cheap, second hand, no warranty, but again, really cheap. Like $54 bucks plus fee to agent, plus ems shtting. Well under $100 total cost.
    Nice. I might have to get in touch with your agent.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/20/2016 at 11:28 AM.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    That's crazy cheap!

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Got a wifi one cheap on 2.taobao.com using my agent to purchase and immediately cannibalized the cypress board out of it for my 32G Sierra device., now I am happy to say that I have one working go I wish I could get CM 9 or 10 running on, but thankful for ACL at least.

also have three semi working or non working go's in various stages of disrepair

Update: found another 16GB 3G webOS GO on that same 2.taobao.com site. just paid for it thru my agent. On its way. really cheap, second hand, no warranty, but again, really cheap. Like $54 bucks plus fee to agent, plus ems shtting. Well under $100 total cost.
    Hey TTB,

What part of the world are you in? Maybe if I'm out in your area sometime, we could swap some notes, info, etc?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I wonder if someone has tried a microsd to mpci-e adapter, in place of the 3g card... or a small ssd in such format
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    I wonder if someone has tried a microsd to mpci-e adapter, in place of the 3g card... or a small ssd in such format
    Interesting idea.. I am somewhat doubtful the right drivers are installed, and I don't have any other use for something of that form factor, so I don't see me being the first to try it.
    Well, I suspect that storage would be handled out of the box without need for tweaks, aside the mount command and the normal mapping in the os.

Remember that some Go had a sd slot...

Not that we would have a real use for the extra space, if we add dunno... 256gb ? Aside the bragging rights of "we could do it since 2011 and nobody else could", maybe
    Well, I suspect that storage would be handled out of the box without need for tweaks, aside the mount command and the normal mapping in the os.

Remember that some Go had a sd slot...

Not that we would have a real use for the extra space, if we add dunno... 256gb ? Aside the bragging rights of "we could do it since 2011 and nobody else could", maybe
    I wonder what it takes to make a Go that didn't have an sd slot work with one. I doubt it has the controller, so probably a lot more work. Similar to the mini-PCIe. On the contrary, the Windsor Not that I have has a place on the board for the microSD housing, and has the chip. I just haven't found a microSD housing that would work. (The kernel even detects the controller.)
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Nice. I might have to get in touch with your agent.
    Yeah, pass on that contact info. That's a great price for a Go
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I have two. A 3G/4G one and a wifi only (with not even a mini-PCI slot...).
    Would you take a picture for non mini-PCI slot ? I saw lot of Go devices or motherboards. If forget OS it just two designs WiFi+3G or WiFi +GPS.......
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Would you take a picture for non mini-PCI slot ? I saw lot of Go devices or motherboards. If forget OS it just two designs WiFi+3G or WiFi +GPS.......
    Sure. I can do that when I get home.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Hey all,

I've recently come up with 5-6 more Gos, and none of them are powering up -- the white light blinks for a little while, sometimes the blinking pattern changes, and then it goes out after a few hours. No boot, no recognition from Windows or Linux that a device is plugged in.

Any ideas what I can do with one? Has anyone modded TPDebrick to work on one? Or doesn't that require being able to get into QCP Dload mode, which doesn't seem to be reachable either ...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    eblade, have you tried removing the battery for a few minutes, and plugging it back ?
    I had a similar issue when I got mine, it solved itself doing something like that. (you could even try to swap batteries)
    (even if in my case it was a kind of boot loop)

TPdebrickGO
    https://mega.nz/#!SVESHDZB!AliJN7vZC...Rq1W3r8Gm27WCg

note, I didn't try it, but should be made for the Go
    Last edited by mazzinia; 03/29/2016 at 11:06 AM.
    It is possible for Li-ion batts to break down past the point of successful re-charge if they are left for months - or years - in a totally flat condition.
    Ideally they should be left/kept at 40-60% charge - and cool - for long term storage.

The flashing home button lights indicate that the device is attempting to recharge the battery to the point where the applied firmware is re-readable, I suspect.
    If the battery is unable to accept enough charge, the firmware remains unread/active.. ie. apparently 'dead' device.

Obviously, the first thing to try is to fit a fully charged (spare) battery, if you have one.. this will tell you whether the rest of the device hardware etc is functioning OK anyway.

'Leman' here did have a friend who found a method of 'force charging' the Li-ion Go batts back to regular-cycle use again:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/29/2016 at 12:25 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    I know if you look up the battery number that's on the Go batteries, there are hundreds of places that claim to have new ones available for sale, although my guess is that they probably all just source from baobob or something.

I haven't tried known functional batteries. Anyone know what screwdriver is required to get these screws out of it? I don't have one in any of my sets, I know that .. so I need to obtain one.

... so I just plugged one into my linux box.. and it started blinking. I did the "hold up+power+home" thing, and after holding it for a while, it stopped blinking, and lsusb now has:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 03f0:1828 Hewlett-Packard

hmm. not entirely sure where to go from here. There's nothing on display, it isn't recognized by novacom or fastboot ..

The second one booted immediately upon plugging it into a PC. Weird, it wouldn't boot otherwise. Now it seems to be working.. fine? as fine as a 3.0.2 Go can work anyway, I guess. Novacom isn't seeing it, so I'm not sure if my novacom is broke, or if it's somehow not in dev mode. Anyway, that can be worked out later. Going to go try the others, I guess ... oh, wait... second boot of this one that started right up.. isn't going. no idea why. :-S just halted at HP logo. sigh.

The other 4 (there are 5 total) just don't start up.. and identify as "Hewlett Packard" about 13 seconds after I do Power+Home+Up .. and now I read that i should be doing power+home+Down.. lol

Aha! power+home+down gets at least the last one that I tried into QDL mode. Let's see.
    Last edited by eblade; 03/29/2016 at 05:24 PM.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    ok, so, when I ran tpdebrickgo 16 (it's a 16gb model), everything looks good, except one spot in the early part, where it says:

{code}
    Executing file...
    Checking QDL mode...
    Writing file bootie-opal.mbn ...
    Sending MAGIC...
    MSG: Qfprom Fuse List: Blowing FAILED
    MSG: Failed Fuse addr:
    MSG: 0x00000000
    MSG: Error Status:
    MSG: 0x00000000
    {code}

The device goes back to white LED flashing, the script sits for a long time at "Waiting for fastboot mode..." and then it dies after a while with "fastboot mode not found Aborted."

I wonder if there's any odds of novacom being able to see it .. i'm reasonably certain that there's no obvious way to get it into Android fastboot from here.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Try grabbing the one that's booting.. leave it on an HP 2A charger for 12 hrs.. get the right battery-screw removing tool (mine are standard cross-head - but 'Torx' star-heads were also used) and then pop the known good (& charged) battery into all machines in turn to get a truer idea of what's what?

Then 'Dr.' them all to 3.0.5?

PS.. 'Sumy' here was offering spare Go Batts at one point, if you get to needing some.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/30/2016 at 12:31 AM. Reason: PS.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    OK, so now we're up to *two* of them booting! One of them turned on completely at random, after having been off charge for a while. The first one that boots, stays stuck on the HP logo screen until plugged into a computer, then the Luna interface comes up .. a bit strange. But it's got what claims to be 3.0.2 on it. The second one seems to be new, untouched, and when it did boot, booted straight into first use ... so, time to dig out the activation bypass I guess.

So, I've got 1 that I ran tpdebrickgo on, which might now be even more of a brick than it was lol...
    1 that seems to be just not starting, no idea why, and
    1 that only charges when pressing down on the casing near the Home button. Seems like the bottom of the front casing and components may be out of whack and not sure how serviceable this is.

But, with 2 more working ones to add to the other 2 or 3 that I had around here.. I'm willing to attempt to work on getting Android working ... if only I had any clue as to where to start? and had access to the previous work that had been done towards it?
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Good to hear of progress! )

Tried a known good batt in the one that won't start at all?

Hopefully you only have a loose/damaged connection in the Home Button/USB port zone on that one.. maybe the USB port got over-stressed whilst the cable was still attached at some point?
    Get a Torx set and carefully dismantle, inspect, clean & reassemble?
    The ribbon/flex cable connectors are designed to be opened & closed just a few times before they start getting slack/unreliable.. so hopefully a single run-through finds that glitch.

Again ~ JCSullens, TTB, Sumy & Leman could probably between them all offer clues as to the most viable routes to a common goal ~ the 'holy grail' of Androiding Go's!

Thanks, good luck & keep us informed.

I think that the holy grail would be Lune on the Go
    Alan Morford and Mutoidi like this.
    I think that the holy grail would be Lune on the Go
    well, the easiest way to get there from here, is to get Android on it first.

JC doesn't talk to me much, and I've heard that he doesn't have much interest in the Go. If I could at least figure out enough to be able to build a system for the regular TouchPad, then I would at least have a chance of figuring it out from there... :-S People aren't exactly real helpful when you try to get info on how you can build Android, though.

.... hey, 3 and 4 have booted up now. 3 is also in apparently new state starting at First Use, and 4 looks like it has been used before, it's got a background image set. It's audio is nonfunctional. So, the last one is the one that I have to hold the screen in on it to get the light to come on.

So, I've got plenty of hardware to risk bricking now :-)
    Last edited by eblade; 03/31/2016 at 12:17 AM.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Mutoidi and dkirker like this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast