Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    Hello everyone!

I recently purchased a shiny new HP Touchpad as a Christmas present to myself because… why not?? I've been an avid, slightly fanatical Palm/webOS user since the Centro days, and I still think webOS is greatest thing since sliced bread. I have several webOS handsets and I've followed the webOS saga closely, so I was fully aware of the server shutdown and broken functionality of webOS when I made the decision to buy a Touchpad. Surprisingly, getting it set up and running was far less painless than I was anticipating. I was able to bypass activation on my first try, and some services (like MobileMe/iCloud, strangely enough) worked right out of the box! As expected though, Google services return a "Bad request" error whenever I try signing in, and my attempts at repairing Google functionality have yet to yield an error-free outcome. I installed so many patches and fixes today that I honestly don't remember specifics, but I do know I installed the three fixes necessary to restore Google functionality. Well, I've installed two of them. I can't seem to get framtid's oauth patch to install though. I've tried installing it using Internalz Pro to no avail, and it also won't install with webOS Quick Install. I have all of the prerequisite files for this patch installed, so I'm not really sure why it's not installing. I'll attach a picture of the error log I keep getting. Sorry it's just a screenshot; I wasn't able to interact with the error log in any way!

Thanks in advance for any help!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hello,

Which webos version do you have installed ? The latest 3.0.5 ? Or is it an old new in the box unit with still 3.0.1 or such ?
    Files can be patched as long as they are the from the same version, otherwise lines can be different and a small difference leads to errors
    You may have installed a conflicting patch. Which ones have you installed?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    You're going to have to list what patches you've installed. Because most older GOOGLE sync patches are incompatible. This is explained in the thread with the 0auth2 patches.

You also must attack GOOGLE on two fronts. I would get the gmail working with the root cert updater and open SSL fixer apps, after clearing out the expired certs. Then use 0auth2 to get the tokens setup for contacts and calendar. You should be able to achieve these functions so just be patient and persistent.

Congrats on shiny new TPad. Nice to see people still coming to enjoy webOS!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  5.    #5  
    Wow thanks for the speedy responses everyone! I really appreciate it! I tried to avoid installing patches/fixes that have been deemed outdated, but I'll try making a list of everything I installed nonetheless.

Mazzinia may have already found the root of my problem though. I purchased an HP-created bundle of a 32 gb Touchpad, an HP case, and a Touchstone, and while the eBayer I bought everything from had opened the main container to take pictures of each individual item, the individual items were still in their original plastic overwrap (I also only paid $134 for the lot !!).

I just checked the webOS version and it looks like I'm still running 3.0.0! Can I update my device using a 3.0.5 doctor?

Thanks again for your help everyone!!
  6.    #6  
    And if the answer to my last question is yes, where is the least sketchy place I can download the 3.0.5 doctor haha? I read that the archive.org method isn't completely reliable. Thanks!
    I have the HOSTS file fix.
    Tip: Edit Your Hosts File for Access to Old Palm Servers | pivotCE

This link seems to offer the file:
    downloads.help.palm.com/webosdoctor/rom/touchpad/p305rod01122012/wd305wifi/webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar
    (via the full list at webos-internals.org/wiki/WebOS_Doctor_Versions )

(I didn't actually download it, but the save dialog comes up in the browser)

I'd say the original location is the best place to find it.

I'd strongly recommend downloading everything you think you might need. That these files still seem to be available is fairly miraculous.
  8.    #8  
    Wow thank you! All of the links from webOS Internals kept redirecting to the mynewpalm.com site, but I had completely forgotten about the hosts file fix!

I updated my hosts file and was able to download the doctors for my Verizon Pre 3, Pre 2, and Pixi Plus, but the link for 3.0.5 for the Touchpad still redirects me to mynewpalm.com for some reason. I was able to download 3.0.4 and the AT&T 3.0.5, but the wifi only 3.0.5 remains elusive. Of course the one doctor that I really need is the only one that I can't have haha. I tried doing a "save target as" with the link for 3.0.5 and I do get a .jar file that way, but it's only 11 bytes large… that can't be right!

Oh well. At the very least I can update to 3.0.4. Would anything go catastrophically wrong if I used the 3.0.5 AT&T doctor on my wifi only Touchpad haha?

Thanks again for all the help! I really needed it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Macke View Post
    Wow thank you! All of the links from webOS Internals kept redirecting to the mynewpalm.com site, but I had completely forgotten about the hosts file fix!

I updated my hosts file and was able to download the doctors for my Verizon Pre 3, Pre 2, and Pixi Plus, but the link for 3.0.5 for the Touchpad still redirects me to mynewpalm.com for some reason. I was able to download 3.0.4 and the AT&T 3.0.5, but the wifi only 3.0.5 remains elusive. Of course the one doctor that I really need is the only one that I can't have haha. I tried doing a "save target as" with the link for 3.0.5 and I do get a .jar file that way, but it's only 11 bytes large… that can't be right!

Oh well. At the very least I can update to 3.0.4. Would anything go catastrophically wrong if I used the 3.0.5 AT&T doctor on my wifi only Touchpad haha?

Thanks again for all the help! I really needed it
    I wouldn't risk it. It's odd that it's that one file.

I started the download again and stopped it at 30mb - I don't need to download it again!

I suggest you try again - it may just have been an interrupted download. Are you using the links from webOS internals or the link I posted? I had to edit the post link as webOS Nation displayed it as 'mynewpalm' (This site obviously doesn't have the fix!). I don't really understand what could be happening, but if you are clicking it, maybe there's some kind of 'webOS Nation redirect' going on? Try using the Internals list or copying and pasting the text of the link - might work, worth a try. (although the posted link is what I just clicked...)

Someone might PM you a DL link. I can try to clear some space in my Dropbox, but 233Mb is a big (and slow) upload. As you've got the other doctors, it might be a link problem. Let us know if you manage to get the complete doctor.
    More than likely the ATT doctor would tell you it's not compatible with your hardware. I'll have a link to share in a few minutes.

Touchpad WiFi 3.0.5 doctor: https://www.dropbox.com/s/df6qa2nh4z...hwifi.jar?dl=0

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/07/2016 at 05:15 PM.
    Preemptive and TJs11thPre like this.
  11.    #11  
    You were right: the file is out there, there was just an issue of some sort on my end. The link was redirecting no matter where I followed it from, but I just tried pasting the link into a different browser and the file downloaded without a hitch- and it's 233.6 MB, which I now know to be the right size thanks to you!

My browsing data must not have been completely cleared. As I said, all of the other doctors downloaded fine with my original browser, but unlike the 3.0.5 doctor, I didn't attempt to download any of those files until AFTER I fixed my hosts file.

Now all that's left is to update my Touchpad, which will hopefully solve the patch issues! Thanks again for all the help; I wouldn't have been able to figure all of this out on my own haha.
    I'm having the same issue. Not sure what the issue is.

For some reason I cannot get to google drive on my Touchpad. I don't know if this is related. All I get is the top bar then a blank screen.