Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

    I really need some help as I'm trying to fix my bricked HP touchpad using WebOS doctor, it fails at 8%.

    Have tried the commands mentioned in the forum [SOLVED] BRICKED and WebOS Doctor Won't Help… | HP TouchPad. but getting errors while running the them, below are some details

    1) While running "lvm.static pvcreate /dev/mmcblk0p14", error says "Can't initialize physical volume "/dev/mmcblk0p14" of volume group "store" without -ff". Then when i try with -ff i get "Can't open /dev/mmcblk0p14 exclusively. Mounted filesystem?"
    2) When trying "lvm.static vgcreate -s 8M store /dev/mmcblk0p14" it says "/dev/store: already exists in filesystem
    New volume group name "store" is invalid"
    3) "lvm.static lvcreate -l 71 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 0 -n root store" gives an error "Redundant stripes argument: default is 1
    Insufficient free extents (0) in volume group store: 71 required"

    So I ran lvm.static vgdisplay and could see that Free PE/Size is 0/0. I also tried "lvm.static pvremove -ff /dev/mmcblk0p1" to remove the it but gets the same error message "Can't open /dev/mmcblk0p14 exclusively - not removing. Mounted filesystem?".

    Please help me flashing this, I'm new to Linux and thus have no idea about the commands, just googling them. Below is the output for lvm.static vgdisplay
    --- Volume group ---
    VG Name store
    System ID
    Format lvm2
    Metadata Areas 1
    Metadata Sequence No 2
    VG Access read/write
    VG Status resizable
    MAX LV 0
    Cur LV 1
    Open LV 1
    Max PV 0
    Cur PV 1
    Act PV 1
    VG Size 29.09 GB
    PE Size 8.00 MB
    Total PE 3723
    Alloc PE / Size 3723 / 29.09 GB
    Free PE / Size 0 / 0
    VG UUID 4Hb40h-v0SW-JtRY-3cPr-vHd5-Ybhn-n5TkXl

    Desperately seeking help.

    Thank you in advance !
  2. #2  
    Try This

    http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki...edirected=true

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    Try This

    Talk:How To Recover

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk
    Thank you Joshua for responding, i really appreciate your help.

    I tried searching for PALM SDK and PDK but none of the links are working, seems they have removed this.

    Can you please assist further?

    Thanks
  4. #4  
    Alan Morford just posted a link to a folder where you can download the SDK.
    joshua764 likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Alan Morford just posted a link to a folder where you can download the SDK.
    Thanks Matt, I'm sorry but I'm new to this forum and thus unable to find the link that Alan has posted. Can you please post the link here directly or guide me where i can go.

    Really appreciate your help.

    Thanks
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Anshuman Tamta View Post
    Thanks Matt, I'm sorry but I'm new to this forum and thus unable to find the link that Alan has posted. Can you please post the link here directly or guide me where i can go.

    Really appreciate your help.

    Thanks
    Yeah, if you're new you won't know where to look for that link.
    Here you go: https://pivotce.com/2015/12/20/legac...and-emulators/
    Alan Morford likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yeah, if you're new you won't know where to look for that link.
    Here you go: https://pivotce.com/2015/12/20/legac...and-emulators/
    Awesome, thanks a lot everyone, I was able to download the SDK and PDK using details mentioned in this link
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-almost-3.html

    Also https://pivotce.com/2015/12/20/legac...and-emulators/

    I tried using DeviceBrowser under /share/jars/ and connected my HP TP but was not able to see any folder except one root which I'm unable to delete.

    Is there any other way I can delete everything from this Touchpad as the current Free PE/Size is 0/0 due to which I get errors like "Redundant stripes argument: default is 1
    Insufficient free extents (0) in volume group store: 71 required"
    when I run the commands "lvm.static lvcreate -l 71 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 0 -n root store" gives an error.

    Thanks again for your help.
  8. #8  
    I would suggest you give Touchpad toolbox a try.

    [TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox (updated 2015-02-25… | HP TouchPad

    Read the above and copy the downloaded file into the same directory that novaterm is installed.

    run novaterm

    Under the menu options click on Connect ( I'm doing this from memory as I forgot my TP today)

    You should see a long string of numbers. That is your TP. Select connect.

    Follow the steps in the above link. If all goes well, it will reboot and you wll soon see the TP Toolbox menu. Select Create WebOS volumes and cross your fingers.

    Report back if you have any issues.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    I would suggest you give Touchpad toolbox a try.

    [TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox (updated 2015-02-25… | HP TouchPad

    Read the above and copy the downloaded file into the same directory that novaterm is installed.

    run novaterm

    Under the menu options click on Connect ( I'm doing this from memory as I forgot my TP today)

    You should see a long string of numbers. That is your TP. Select connect.

    Follow the steps in the above link. If all goes well, it will reboot and you wll soon see the TP Toolbox menu. Select Create WebOS volumes and cross your fingers.

    Report back if you have any issues.
    Thanks Joe, i already tried it previously, and tried it just now, it fails at "Creating LVM volume 'store/root"

    "lvm.static lvcreate -l 71 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 0 -n root store"
    Insufficient free extents (0) in volume group store: 71 required"

    vgdisplay shows Free PE/Size is 0/0
  10.    #10  
    Also I'm trying to run fix_dos_fs.sh to completely re-partition and reformat the disk but unable to find this command,tried under sbin, local..any idea?

    Thanks
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Anshuman Tamta View Post
    Thanks Joe, i already tried it previously, and tried it just now, it fails at "Creating LVM volume 'store/root"

    "lvm.static lvcreate -l 71 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 0 -n root store"
    Insufficient free extents (0) in volume group store: 71 required"

    vgdisplay shows Free PE/Size is 0/0
    Have you tried running the install android or repair android volumes option under TP Toolbox just for laughs? I am curious if that routine could successfully create valid volumes. I have never seen this issue while dealing with any of the TPs I've recovered. What were the circumstances that bricked it?
  12. #12  
    Doesn't the webOS 3.0.2 rebuild the partition tables? I feel like I read that somewhere.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    Have you tried running the install android or repair android volumes option under TP Toolbox just for laughs? I am curious if that routine could successfully create valid volumes. I have never seen this issue while dealing with any of the TPs I've recovered. What were the circumstances that bricked it?
    Yes, I have tried all the options under TP toolbox and none of them works, for Android it says no android volume.
    This actually started when I hit complete data reset as I wanted to install Android and remove webos, and suddenly at one point of time the reset got stuck and tab rebooted.
    I believe the complete wipe never happened as I tried data reset again after reboot and started getting these errors.

    I used the DeviceBrowser under /share/jars/ for Palm PDK and connected my HP TP after mounting all path, but cannot find fix_dos_fs.sh command which I believe can be used to complete format and repartition.

    Is there anything else I can try?
  14.    #14  
    the two issues I can think of causing this are
    1) Running lvm.static pvremove -ff /dev/mmcblk0p14 says "Can't open /dev/mmcblk0p14 exclusively - not removing. Mounted filesystem?" even after i run umount -a.
    Running umount -a says
    umount: can't umount /dev/pts: Device or resource busy
    umount: can't umount /dev: Device or resource busy

    2) running vgdisplay shows VG Name as "Store" but Free PE /Size as 0/0.

    thats the reason why when I try the command "lvm.static lvcreate -l 71 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 0 -n root store"

    I get ---> "Insufficient free extents (0) in volume group store: 71 required"

    If by any means I can wipe this Store or increase the Free PE/Size, I think WebOS doctor will work.

    Also not sure but have read in few article about fix_dos_fs.sh to completely re-partition and reformat the disk, though cant find that command.
  15. #15  
    toolbox have the option to delete everything and restore. are you to attempt that. But I would try again. Errors that gives lvm.static is because it is disconnected from Novaterm sometime. try partitions toolbox

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    toolbox have the option to delete everything and restore. are you to attempt that. But I would try again. Errors that gives lvm.static is because it is disconnected from Novaterm sometime. try partitions toolbox

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk
    Actually have tried Complete data reset option using toolbox by jcsullians atleast 20+ times and i tried again just now, same error.

    it fails at "Creating LVM volume 'store/root"

    "lvm.static lvcreate -l 71 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 0 -n root store"
    Insufficient free extents (0) in volume group store: 71 required"

    Have also tried the create WebOs partition and even that fails at the same step.
  17. #17  
    the internal memory is probably damage. be sure to rule out hardware

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    the internal memory is probably damage. be sure to rule out hardware

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    How can i check for hardware damage? Also if internal memory is damage is there a way to fix it or should I try using a external memory card and then try it?
    Is there any specific command that I need to run so that the WebOS doctor or TP toolbox understand that external memory card needs to be used by default to install webos?

    Please advice.
    Thanks
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Anshuman Tamta View Post
    How can i check for hardware damage? Also if internal memory is damage is there a way to fix it or should I try using a external memory card and then try it?
    Is there any specific command that I need to run so that the WebOS doctor or TP toolbox understand that external memory card needs to be used by default to install webos?

    Please advice.
    Thanks
    as you explain that to damage the memory will no longer run your tp !! Ya vali madres. Ya no va a funcionar.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12/14/2011, 08:23 AM
  2. Pre Plus (webOS) Access in Recovery Mode
    By Charence in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12/25/2010, 05:04 AM
  3. WebOS Doctor - Recovery Mode Steps
    By palmpre06062009 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12/03/2010, 03:47 PM
  4. webos recovery tool
    By fields.chad in forum webOS Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11/15/2009, 01:40 PM
  5. Insufficient Bandwith message...
    By qb11g in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10/15/2006, 09:08 AM

Posting Permissions