Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  • 1 Post By krotech
  1.    #1  
    Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to get the wave launcher on the touchpad? Like the one on the phones?
    Yes, by installing WebOS Ports 'LunaCE'.
    The 'Tweaks' App then also gives you the option to activate it under 'Gestures' - along with many other fun options.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/11/2015 at 01:14 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    rockpebble likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    The 'Tweaks' App then also gives you the option to activate it under 'Gestures' - along with many other fun options.

Enjoy!

Where do I install those apps? On WebosQuickInstall? Sorry for asking, I'm not too familiar with all of this webos customizations?
    LunaCE is available through Preware. You will also need the Tweaks app. Install Tweaks first, then LunaCE, and do a Luna restart. I don't think a device restart is necessary. Someone else might verify that for you here.

One thing with LunaCE: there are a lot of tweaks available. Sometimes it takes a little work to make them take. My suggestion would be to disable all the possible LunaCE enhancements in Tweaks, and then enable them and try them one by one. So, if you want the Wave Launcher, enable it first and then play with the right gesture/swipe until the Wave Launcher starts to work. After that try enabling another LunaCE tweak and play with the tablet until it works, and so on. There are a number of other useful gestures I like. Maybe you'll find them useful too.
    Last edited by krotech; 11/12/2015 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Typos
    rockpebble likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    LunaCE is available through Preware. You will also need the Tweaks app. Install Tweaks first, then LunaCE, and do a Luna restart. I don't think a device restart is necessary. Someone else might verify that for you here.

One thing with LunaCE: there are a lot of tweaks available. Sometimes it takes a little work to make them take. My suggestion would be to disable all the possible LunaCE enhancements in Tweaks, and then enable them and try them one by one. So, if you want the Wave Launcher, enable it first and then play with the right gesture/swipe until the Wave Launcher starts to work. After that try enabling another LunaCE tweak and play with the tablet until it works, and so on. There are a number of other useful gestures I like. Maybe you'll find them useful too.
    I'm still not quite sure how to install LunaCE on Preware, all I see when I type LunaCe is "Poplater for LunaCE" and when I type "Luna" I get "Palm Luna SysMgr" and "Luna Manager". Should I install those last two apps I mentioned? Are they LunaCE? If not, can you help to specify?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post

I was able to install Tweaks, by the way. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockpebble View Post
    I'm still not quite sure how to install LunaCE on Preware, all I see when I type LunaCe is "Poplater for LunaCE" and when I type "Luna" I get "Palm Luna SysMgr" and "Luna Manager". Should I install those last two apps I mentioned? Are they LunaCE? If not, can you help to specify?
    You will need to add the woce beta feed:
    woce-beta: ipkg.preware.net/beta/woce
    (if I remember correctly)

Personally I don't like LunaCE. There are a number of great enhancements, and a couple of things that really annoy me: e.g. the edges become quite unresponsive (even with the gestures turned off), which made certain applications that have buttons at the edges almost unusable. So I got rid of the thing because it didn't suit me. Of course that doesn't mean it doesn't suit you, and you should definitely try it out.
    See thread here:
    LunaCE 4.x
    There are additional steps needed to get the beta feed, linked in the first post.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    You will need to add the woce beta feed:
    woce-beta: ipkg.preware.net/beta/woce
    (if I remember correctly)

Personally I don't like LunaCE. There are a number of great enhancements, and a couple of things that really annoy me: e.g. the edges become quite unresponsive (even with the gestures turned off), which made certain applications that have buttons at the edges almost unusable. So I got rid of the thing because it didn't suit me. Of course that doesn't mean it doesn't suit you, and you should definitely try it out.
    Do I just click all the links on the index page, which one(s) do I click? I really don't know.
    Do I just click all the links on the index page, which one(s) do I click? I really don't know.
    Ah, yes, forgot to mention how to actually get it... :-)

Start preware, open the pulldown menu (top-left), select 'Manage Feeds' and add the beta feed (scroll to the bottom of the page to do this). LunaCE should now be available through Preware, so you can easily install it.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post

Enjoy!

Hi, do you also know how to get rid of the top page labels, arrows, and space above the apps on the pre 3 app launcher?

Do you also know how to do this on the Touchpad as well?
    Hi, do you also know how to get rid of the top page labels, arrows, and space above the apps on the pre 3 app launcher?

Do you also know how to do this on the Touchpad as well?
    Hi. No sorry, I don't.. mostly because I actually find the x9 TP Launcher Page Labels I use, really useful!

But hey, if there is a way.. I am sure someone here knows or can find it!
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/25/2015 at 09:16 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.