Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Misj'
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By rockpebble
  1.    #1  
    Hi, does anyone know how to change the app launcher background transparency like the one found on the Pre devices?
    I've never noticed a way to CHANGE transparency on a phone or TPad.

what I HAVE seen is two different launchers. The phone uses separate "glass panes" which you can rename, add, reposition, etc. The TPad uses a single grey "app drawer" which has 4 titled sections you cannot modify. This variation is in the difference of 2.x vs 3.x so I believe anyway.

if there is a theme or patch available, I'm interested to learn about it too.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    You might find information by searching under glass effect - it was part of themes that you could load into your webos phones and touchpad. By research in the forums I was able to learn how to adjust my screens to get the level of transparency that I wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockpebble View Post
    Hi, does anyone know how to change the app launcher background transparency like the one found on the Pre devices?
    On my Touchpad I use Glass Effect Suite -Touchpad Theme by Garret92C. It's in the prethemer feed in Preware. This - at least - will give you a nice glass effect on the app launcher. I guess you could always try to adapt its assets to your personal taste.

There is one big difference between glass/transparency on the PrPrPr $and$ $the$ $Touchpad$ $though$: $on$ $the$ $Pr$ $the$ $open$ $cards$ $are$ $visible$ $through$ $the$ ($semi$-$transparent$) $launcher$. $On$ $the$ $Touchpad$ $the$ $cards$ $are$ $made$ $invisible$ $when$ $the$ $launcher$ $is$ $up$, $en$ $are$ $then$ $shown$ $again$ $when$ $the$ $launcher$ $goes$ $down$...$so$ $you$ $will$ $see$ $your$ $desktop$ $image$, $but$ $not$ $the$ $cards$. $I$ $think$ $this$ $should$ $be$ $patchable$, $but$ $I$ $never$ $looked$ $into$ $it$ ($and$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $really$ $know$ $why$ $they$ $added$ $these$ $extra$ $lines$ $of$ $code$ $to$ $do$ $something$ $no$ $user$ $would$ $ever$ $notice$ $and$ $that$ $has$ $no$ $obvious$ $advantage$ $as$ $far$ $as$ $I$ $can$ $tell$ ($best$ $guess$: $it$'$s$ $a$ $memory$ $trick$)).
    TJs11thPre and rockpebble like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post

what I HAVE seen is two different launchers. The phone uses separate "glass panes" which you can rename, add, reposition, etc. The TPad uses a single grey "app drawer" which has 4 titled sections you cannot modify. This variation is in the difference of 2.x vs 3.x so I believe anyway.

The excellent 'SubOrbital' App allows renaming, reordering, creation & backups of Launcher pages etc. on TP.

Preware Catalog

And yes.. Choorps 'Original' & 'Charcoal' themes work well when mixed & matched together in the also excellent 'Theme Manager' App too.

Preware Catalog

I use a mix of (Michote) 'Dark Glass' & (Choorp) 'Charcoal' on 2.2.4 Pre3 - further customised to also suit 2.2.4 Veer!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    The excellent 'SubOrbital' App allows renaming, reordering, creation & backups of Launcher pages etc. on TP.

Preware Catalog

And yes.. Choorps 'Original' & 'Charcoal' themes work well when mixed & matched together in the also excellent 'Theme Manager' App too.

Preware Catalog

I use a mix of (Michote) 'Dark Glass' & (Choorp) 'Charcoal' on 2.2.4 Pre3 - further customised to also suit 2.2.4 Veer!
    been coming to this site every day for years. never knew about any of what's described above. i read somewhere that Themes can conflict something, either the OTA apps, or redoctors, or something, either way it spooked me and so i've avoided them.

there's so many apps i have no clue about. but it's ok, i like the OE config enough. i do wish we could have some sort of webOS convention where people can show each other their favorite mods. i like being SHOWN things, because online instructions are never quite clear enough for me and if there's a way to do it wrong, i'll find it.

but hopefully these are the answers the OP needed!
    i do wish we could have some sort of webOS convention where people can show each other their favorite mods. i like being SHOWN things, because online instructions are never quite clear enough for me and if there's a way to do it wrong, i'll find it.
    Maybe you should organise a webOS meetup?
    rockpebble likes this.
    been coming to this site every day for years. never knew about any of what's described above. i read somewhere that Themes can conflict something, either the OTA apps, or redoctors, or something, either way it spooked me and so i've avoided them.

there's so many apps i have no clue about. but it's ok, i like the OE config enough. i do wish we could have some sort of webOS convention where people can show each other their favorite mods. i like being SHOWN things, because online instructions are never quite clear enough for me and if there's a way to do it wrong, i'll find it.

but hopefully these are the answers the OP needed!
    Ya lives and Ya learns Eh!

I have never had any problems that could be attributed to either of the above Apps.

Most of the 'instructions' required in these Apps are provided as a 'ReadMe' along with them.. and SHOWing yourself (ie. experimenting!) can be surprisingly good fun too.

Jeez, if we had a webOS meet up in my neck of the woods (Melbourne), there'd be me anyway... and who else?
    C'mon Aussies.. are there enough of us for one of those here? Hhmmm.

Already PM'd OP with above + some custom icon files anyhow.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    I might go to the land down under, but would need to stop by New Zealand to see my Britten...
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by KURT B View Post
    I might go to the land down under, but would need to stop by New Zealand to see my Britten...
    Hehe.. OK, first things first Eh!
    You'd be welcome anyway mate.

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    On my Touchpad I use Glass Effect Suite -Touchpad Theme by Garret92C. It's in the prethemer feed in Preware. This - at least - will give you a nice glass effect on the app launcher. I guess you could always try to adapt its assets to your personal taste.

There is one big difference between glass/transparency on the PrPrPr $and$ $the$ $Touchpad$ $though$: $on$ $the$ $Pr$ $the$ $open$ $cards$ $are$ $visible$ $through$ $the$ ($semi$-$transparent$) $launcher$. $On$ $the$ $Touchpad$ $the$ $cards$ $are$ $made$ $invisible$ $when$ $the$ $launcher$ $is$ $up$, $en$ $are$ $then$ $shown$ $again$ $when$ $the$ $launcher$ $goes$ $down$...$so$ $you$ $will$ $see$ $your$ $desktop$ $image$, $but$ $not$ $the$ $cards$. $I$ $think$ $this$ $should$ $be$ $patchable$, $but$ $I$ $never$ $looked$ $into$ $it$ ($and$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $really$ $know$ $why$ $they$ $added$ $these$ $extra$ $lines$ $of$ $code$ $to$ $do$ $something$ $no$ $user$ $would$ $ever$ $notice$ $and$ $that$ $has$ $no$ $obvious$ $advantage$ $as$ $far$ $as$ $I$ $can$ $tell$ ($best$ $guess$: $it$'$s$ $a$ $memory$ $trick$)).
    Hi, thanks. when I used glass effect I was able to see the open cards in the background when the app drawer was open.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  12.    #12  
    Hi, does anyone know how to get the wave launcher on the Touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Maybe you should organise a webOS meetup?
    I did once. ONE other person showed up.

This is in the city with the busiest airport in the world!

If i thought there'd be enough interest, I'd try to research when is the next time a discount airline is doing $25 fares to ATL again. Southwest, Airtran, and Frontier fly cheap here.
  14.    #14  

Hi, do you also know how to get rid of the top page labels, arrows, and space above the apps on the pre 3 app launcher?

I really want to know how.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post

Preware Catalog

Preware Catalog

Hi, do you also know how to get rid of the top page labels, arrows, and space above the apps on the pre 3 app launcher?
    Hi. No sorry, I don't.. mostly because I actually find the Launcher Page Labels really useful!

But if there is a way.. I am sure someone here knows or can find it 4 U!

Sounds like you are after more of an 'Android' look?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/25/2015 at 09:23 AM.

If you had taken a look at the link I sent you almost two months ago via pn you could have gotten rid of the arrows already, you know?

Here it is again. You only need to replace the files in your device with those in the 'Remove Arrows in Launcher WebOS 2.2.zip' file. These are just 'empty' .png files, that's all. Make sure to make yourself a backup of the original files in case you want to go back to the launcher with arrows. The steps necessary to make backups and on how to replace the original files with the modified ones is described in the above thread.
    Hi, does anyone know how to get the wave launcher on the Touchpad?
    Yes. Enable the alpha or beta feeds in Preware. Install tweaks. Install LunaCE. Reboot. Open tweaks and select system. Turn wave launcher on.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    If you had taken a look at the link I sent you almost two months ago via pn you could have gotten rid of the arrows already, you know?

Here it is again. You only need to replace the files in your device with those in the 'Remove Arrows in Launcher WebOS 2.2.zip' file. These are just 'empty' .png files, that's all. Make sure to make yourself a backup of the original files in case you want to go back to the launcher with arrows. The steps necessary to make backups and on how to replace the original files with the modified ones is described in the above thread.
    Does this also remove the labels and space where the labels is because I also would like to get rid and remove those as well. The arrows matter very little if I can't remove the labels and the space where the labels are located above the apps in the app launcher?
    Wow you really hate those labels!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE