Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #21  
    Hi, do you know how to change the color transparency for the HP Touchpad to have the same color transparency as the HP Pre 3 and Palm Re?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Wow you really hate those labels!
    I use 'Glass Effect Suite (Original)' and/or 'Glass Effect Suite (Charcoal)' edited with Preware's 'Theme Manager' App.

Looks cool.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I use 'Glass Effect Suite (Original)' and/or 'Glass Effect Suite (Charcoal)' edited with Preware's 'Theme Manager' App.

Is the original by the developer SqyArc?

Also I can't find the Charcoal one.

Are they both in Preware and Webos Quick Install?
    Dev was 'Choorp' I think. Couple attached here for you to play with anyway.

Yes, Theme Manager should be in Preware and many Themes when you parse/install via WOSQI.

Good Luck & Enjoy!

Attached Files Attached Files

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  5.    #25  

Yes, Theme Manager should be in Preware and many Themes when you parse/install via WOSQI.

Good Luck & Enjoy!
    Are those two themes the same color as the Pre Phones transparency because they look darker according to some of the images I found in the zip files you just linked?

Also I don't know how to use the Theme Manager App.

How do I use the Theme Manager app?

Also I couldn't find a developer with the name Choorp in WOSQI?

Where are you finding these themes from, as far as I know they are not in Preware or WOSQI?
  6.    #26  

Good Luck & Enjoy!
    These images are what I am talking about, I want exactly the same color of transparency as all the Pre Phones such as the Palm Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, and Pre 3.

I need you to be more specific, I don't know what to do with the zip files you shared.

How do I install them onto my HP Touchpad?

This is the App Launcher from the HP Pre 3:

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 8.18.39 PM.jpg

This is the App Launcher from the Palm Pre:

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 8.17.33 PM.jpg
    Here is the site that feeds to Preware:
    PreThemer // Searching themes for "Glass"

I think they are mostly Phone Themes. I'm not sure what the situation is on theming the tablet - perhaps it works the same, perhaps not...

EDIT: Oh, here: http://www.prethemer.com/Glass_Effec...theme6451.html

I read the rest of this thread. I guess it's full circle now! Glass effect for TP.

If you don't have the feeds installed, they are: ipkg.preware.net/feeds/precentral-themes
    & prethemer.com/feeds/preware/themes

I don't know anything about the app.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/27/2017 at 11:04 PM.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    ere is the site that feeds to Preware:
    PreThemer // Searching themes for "Glass"

I think they are mostly Phone Themes. I'm not sure what the situation is on theming the tablet - perhaps it works the same, perhaps not...

EDIT: Oh, here: http://www.prethemer.com/Glass_Effec...theme6451.html

I read the rest of this thread. I guess it's full circle now! Glass effect for TP.

If you don't have the feeds installed, they are: ipkg.preware.net/feeds/precentral-themes
    & prethemer.com/feeds/preware/themes

I don't know anything about the app.
    Once again, posting links does nothing for me, I need someone to explain how to use the themes, install them.

I already have the Glass Effect Suite for Touchpad; I've known about that one for almost two years, I want to know how to change the color or install a theme to look like the Pre and Pre 3 launcher with exactly the same color transparency. It is a white, grayish hue, or color, look at the images I attached in my previous comment. I want the HP Touchpad to have exactly the same color as the Pre and Pre 3 launcher.

The Glass Effect Suite for Touchpad comes with a dark black transparency.

How do I change the color?

Where can I get a different color transparency from?

Also, can Mutoidi please tell me what to do with the zip files, that they sent?
    You download and install 'Theme Manager' to your TP first and it will then pick up on certain theme zips you have already brought on board and allow you to work with them.
    You can even select and mix different options from different themes to suit your tastes.. and keyboards too!

Quite honestly dude, it's been so long since I've done it, that you are better off relying upon 'Search this site' & past thread/links & info than my old memory mate!:: Sorry!

'Choorp' may have long since gone - I had the files stashed on an old HDD anyway.

You can read can't you? ~ Please check these out too then:

[Touchpad] Keyboard Themes

Theme Manager

[Touchpad] Glass Effect Suite

WebOS Theme Builder v3.0

[Release/WIP] iPadTouch Theme

Maybe I'm stupid

Personally I have got my Pre3, TP, Go & Veer all looking the same theme-wise.. whether it is a shade lighter or darker than you require is simply because this was all that was available to me.. so I made-do to the best of my ability.. thus I again wish you good luck and enjoyment with your own process/progress with this.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/28/2017 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Sp.

10.    #30  
    You download and install 'Theme Manager' to your TP first and it will then pick up on certain theme zips you have already brought on board and allow you to work with them.
    How do I get the zip files with the themes onto my HP Touchpad?
    Down a USB cable from PC (in USB mode instead of 'Just Charge'!) is probably easiest for you, or email them to yourself, or mem-stick if you have 'USB Flash Mount OTG'/'Internalz Pro' etc installed.

12.    #32  

Good Luck & Enjoy!

Attached Files
    com.choorp.ges-touchpad-charcoal.zip (973.4 KB, 1 views)
    com.choorp.ges-touchpad-original.zip (904.4 KB, 1 views)
    The original Choorp zip file was still a dark transparency for the app launcher.

I want a lighter, white/grey transparency, not a black like the zip files you sent.

Do you know how to get the a different transparency color like white, blue, or grey, specifically like the transparency for the Palm Pre and HP Pre 3 App Launcher?
  13.    #33  
    Also, is the theme manager just for the Touchpad?

Can the theme manager be used for the HP Pre 3 or other webos Phones??
  14.    #34  
    I have another question.

Are all the glass effect themes for only the Palm Pre?

Are they also for the HP Pre 3??

They don't seem to be working on the Pre 3.
    1), Sorry.. initially you only asked for 'transparency'. I don't know how to get what you want, other than to mix & match different themes & options available to you through Theme Manager - or diving deep into the theme coding and changing things there, something I never needed to do.

Personally I much prefer the greater screen-contrast of the dark themes over whites etc.

2). I have 'Theme Manager' successfully installed on both Pre3 & Veer (2.2.4) and functioning correctly, yes.

3). I don't have a Palm Pre - only a Pre3, where I use slightly personalised versions of the themes:
    'com.choorp.ges-pre3-charcoal' and 'org.michote.dark-glass-pre3'.

~~~

Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/29/2017 at 07:42 AM.

16.    #36  
    1), Sorry.. initially you only asked for 'transparency'. I don't know how to get what you want, other than to mix & match different themes & options available to you through Theme Manager - or diving deep into the theme coding and changing things there, something I never needed to do.
    So you don't know how to get the white/grayish color transparency of the HP Pre 3 on the HP Touchpad?
  17.    #37  
    If you don't know how to get the same color transparency on the Touchpad as the other webos Smarthphones, such as the HP Pre 3 and Palm Pre, do you at least know someone that does know how?
    The answer to your first question is 'Yes'.. ie. indeed, I don't know how to get the white/grayish color transparency of the HP Pre 3 on the HP Touchpad.

The answer to your second question is 'No'.. ie. I do not in the least, know someone that does know how to get the same white/grayish color transparency on the Touchpad as on the other webos Smarthphones, such as the HP Pre 3 and Palm Pre.

BUT, you are probably on the only website on this planet (Earth), where there may well be someone else who does know how to get the white/grayish color transparency of the HP Pre 3 etc onto the HP Touchpad!

Someone: Help!!
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/29/2017 at 09:31 PM.

rockpebble likes this.
  19.    #39  
    The answer to your first question is 'Yes'.. ie. indeed, I don't know how to get the white/grayish color transparency of the HP Pre 3 on the HP Touchpad.

The answer to your second question is 'No'.. ie. I do not in the least, know someone that does know how to get the white/grayish color transparency of the HP Pre 3 on the HP Touchpad.

BUT, you are probably on the only website on this planet (Earth), where there may well be someone else who does know how to get the white/grayish color transparency of the HP Pre 3 on the HP Touchpad!

Someone: Help!!
    Thanks for trying to help though.

It has been an interesting pleasure.. may I (again) wish you much luck and enjoyment in persuit of your (own) goals with this!

Where there is a Will, there is a Way!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast