Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Herrie
  • 2 Post By Herrie
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I had a 16GB TouchPad when webOS exploded and published an app through the app store. I got bored after two years and sold the TouchPad. I am now waiting for a 32GB 4G to arrive. Is it reasonable to expect that LuneOS can be used as a daily driver to do email and Web browsing? Would email on LuneOS work with an exchange server? I assume I can still use the "old" webOS as long as I circumvent the activation part, right?
    Right, about the last part (activation). As for the rest, I cannot sadly help.
    Which app did you publish ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetcat33 View Post
    I had a 16GB TouchPad when webOS exploded and published an app through the app store. I got bored after two years and sold the TouchPad. I am now waiting for a 32GB 4G to arrive. Is it reasonable to expect that LuneOS can be used as a daily driver to do email and Web browsing? Would email on LuneOS work with an exchange server? I assume I can still use the "old" webOS as long as I circumvent the activation part, right?
    I think it should be OK for what you ask. I don't think EAS is open source - therefore a no on that one with LuneOS.

It appears that there may be a full solution to recent difficulties with SHA256 certificates (we've been using an app to Grab and approve updated certs from Google). It is still Alpha software, but may restore EAS functionality to Legacy webOS.
    OpenSSL-Updater - Fixing Certificate Issues

There is also an Enyo LuneOS youtube player under development that works on legacy.

Perhaps you would consider making your TouchTax app available again?
    DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes

If your new TP has been reset, you need to read this info:
    Tip: How to bypass activation | pivotCE

The other links below may be of interest to someone returning to webOS.
    I don't think LuneOS is stable enough to be a daily driver yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I don't think LuneOS is stable enough to be a daily driver yet.
    We have 1 annoying bug really that would prevent it on a tablet (display not responding after a certain time). For the rest it's really quite workable I'd say.

In latest nightly we moved to QtWebEngine for Enyo 1/2 apps as well, so it's more buggy compared to what you're used to, but we're working on ironing that out.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    TJs11thPre and jetcat33 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I think it should be OK for what you ask. I don't think EAS is open source - therefore a no on that one with LuneOS.
    Currently there's no EAS support but it's on our long to-do list. There are some options that could possibly be used to implement it. See LuneOS - Feature #983: Bring back EAS (Exchange ActiveSync Support) - webOS Ports
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Preemptive and jetcat33 like this.