1.    #1  
    Hi there,

Frankly, when I bought this tablet, I would never thought still using it 4 years later.
    But it is. After being quite disappointed with webOS, I installed Android, but the battery life was disappointingly low. Plus the random reboots makes me put the Touchpad on a shelf and forget about it some weeks.
    Then few days ago, "back from the grave", I decided to move back to webOS from the multiboot.
    And considering the problems I had with Android should not happen on webOS, I was quite happy to start again, like in old 2011 times (hem...)
    But webOS has quite a few drawbacks. In 2015, there is no more HP Market (I've read some about it).
    And there is still no alternative for Ctrl+a, Ctrl+x etc... or you're using a terminal (thanks, Xecutah!), but in a web browser...

One other disturbing thing that bothers me now is the slow wifi connection, compared to my laptop (wifi mode)
    - The time needed to load a webpage is about 3x times slower (TP)
    - A speedtest session reveals x5 mean ping time, and /2 download speed (TP)

Maybe it's related to the amount of RAM of the system?
    Maybe there's a trick on the wifi configuration that I missed ?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards

Chromatik

PS: BTW, I am using a 2.45GHz B,G,N router.

EDIT: I have noticed some problems with preware updates, and this is related to wifi connection. I need to reboot the wifi on theTP to make it work again.

Is there some diagnostic tools ?
    Help, girls & guys
    Regards
    Last edited by Chromatik2; 10/19/2015 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Title more related to the problem + mistakes
    I've got a super weak signal to my 2.4 router right now and still tested with a. 300ms ping and 2.55mbps download. You?

My 5ghz side is a lot faster with the touchpad,but a lot shorter range.

Not really aware of any diagnostics, might be something useful for Android or ubuntu. I'd take it to some other work access points and compare and contrast.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: