Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zaiban Ahmed
  1.    #1  
    Hi there, so basically I tried to delete android off my HP touchpad but in the process I think I ended up deleting webOS too...since only the HP logo is on the screen and even if i reboot the logo is still on the screen. When I go into "usb mode" the screen turns completely black. My computer knows there's a device and it's labeled as "Palm" however it fails to get the drivers and is a unidentified device. Okay so I have tried many options but the main two that seem to be the easiest ways to do are turning out to be difficult. I tried using the webOS doctor and it keeps telling me to plug in my device like it's not even there maybe because it fails to find the drivers this is happening. So then i tried WebOS quick installer and it keeps telling me to plug in my device. I have searched EVERYWHERE for the drivers but Palms site seems to have gone down and HP don't even support it anymore Please help!!! I really want to get webOS back and redownload the same operating system.
    Are you using a PC - and have an up to date version of 'Java' installed OK?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  3.    #3  
    Oh I'm using my laptop and I tried it on my dads desktop but it still had the same issue. Yes I have Java updated. The main problem is my computer does not see the touchpad as a drive, it sees it as a unidentified device because I haven't got the drivers for the touchpad. Please help me get the drivers for the touchpad, I have looked ALL over the internet for them but I just can't find the usb driver. When I plug in the touchpad it recognizes it as "WebOS Device" but as soon as I put it in recovery mode it shows it as "Palm" and says that there is no drivers for it, because of that the WebOS Doctor doesn't recognize it. I really want to solve this issue pls tell me how to!
    use the latest WebOSQuickInstall-4.6.0.jar
    https://github.com/JayCanuck/webos-q...ive/master.zip

touchpad needs to be in recovery mode, showing the large USB symbol
    power on holding vol+ key down.

use this if doctor fails to install webos.

use this will allow you to wipe your touchpad and then reset your webos partitions and then install webos using doctor.

[TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox (updated 2015-02-25€ | HP TouchPad | XDA Forums
    Last edited by Firepower; 09/06/2015 at 09:38 AM.
    Before doing any doctoring, perhaps we can establish what caused the problem and it's exact nature.

1. Did you install Android in the first place? What method / tools etc did you use?

2. How did you attempt to remove Android?

3. What are the symptoms? Is it the case that you are stuck on the HP logo? Does webOS boot at all? How are you attempting to enter USB mode?

I'd guess that you will likely have to doctor and perhaps fix partitions beforehand, but if there is some kind of system running it might be possible to retrieve some of your data and apps - your back ups and chance to re-download are gone with the HP servers. On doctoring, all HP account data and App catalog apps will be gone.

If your stuff is on web services like Google & Yahoo, then that should be fine and there are some apps in Preware, but not the number in the original catalog.

But perhaps you made a backup before attempting the Android removal?
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015
  6.    #6  
    Ah It's okay I have fixed the issue! It was because I wasn't actually in USB mode and that's why the drivers were not installing....Thank you tho!
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiban Ahmed View Post
    Ah It's okay I have fixed the issue! It was because I wasn't actually in USB mode and that's why the drivers were not installing....Thank you tho!

Nice & simple then!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.