Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have a TP that ended up getting bricked and the only thing I can boot into is Web OS Recovery from MoBoot even though I can see my android and webos entries as well as CWM or TWRP whatever it is I have on there.

WebOSDoc gets stuck at 8% so I googled how to fix it and I extraxted the topaz.uimage and installed novacom and when I go to enter the command

novacom -w boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-topaz.uImage

It comes back with unknown command.

I copied it straight from the page so there are no typos. I feel like this is one of those easily overlooked solution type questions but I have been googling and crawling around the net trying to find a fix.
    Last edited by leveliv; 08/08/2015 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Hit enter before I could type out the issue
    The most likely reason would be that you don't have the Novacom drivers installed yet. Easiest way would be to download WebOS Quick Install, which includes an option to install Novacom drivers. Likely you're getting "unknown command" because novacom, which you need to copy the file, isn't on your computer.

WebOS Quick Install v4.6.0

EDIT: I should probably ask as well, what OS are you using?

EDIT #2: I really need to real the whole post. Didn't see where you mentioned you had Novacom installed. Sorry.
    Last edited by Chairman Honeycrisp; 08/09/2015 at 12:40 AM.
    That command seems slightly different than what I used to start my borked TP successfully from novaterm

novacom boot mem:// < uImage

Here is my full post if you need it:

How to recover your Touchpad from a missing or corrupted uImage file

and be sure you put the uImage file in the same directory as novacom

If you need Novacom, look here: HP Touchpad - RootzWiki
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am running win 10, I have access to any OS though If I need it be it Linux or any version of windows, I have them all and can install on whatever I need to, to get this thing going.

I have the universal installer for novacom I had to change my HOSTS file in order for it to download the drivers though. It all says that its installed when I open the jar file.

I am running a 64bit os, I read that may have an effect on my issue. If not its still good info to include.

Anyhow I am just trying to basically make it a stock Touchpad again and get rid of Android and install LuneOS or whatever OpenWebOS variant it is.
    64 bit OS (win that is)is your enemy. Had same issues way back with win7 64 bit. Worked fine on ubuntu 64 bit and 32 win XP. I'll blame it on the driver for win. Good luck.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    That command seems slightly different than what I used to start my borked TP successfully from novaterm

novacom boot mem:// < uImage

Here is my full post if you need it:

How to recover your Touchpad from a missing or corrupted uImage file

and be sure you put the uImage file in the same directory as novacom

If you need Novacom, look here: HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

Alright I have seemed to solve the issue with novacom now I just can't for the llfe of me get this thing fixed. I try boot memming all sorts of uimage files (the one from your post) and the other from a previous fix thread I read. Nothing works. and WebOSDoc still fails at 8 percent

I guess this thread can be closed as the issue at hand was fixed by just doing it all through ubuntu.
    I've been using Win 7 x64 for years and novacom/novaterm just works. You have to make sure it's in your PATH in order to be able to execute it from any folder.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2