Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  1.    #1  
    I am considering removing ACL open mobile and installing newer android. Can someone give me directions on how to remove the ACL without causing major problem to. The existing webOS system and my palm setup. This is a 32 4g pad.
    Wise decision!

You should get a trouble free uninstallation by using WOSQI on your PC.

Click on 'Tools' then 'Device Management'.. 'ACL for WebOS Touchpad' should show up under 'User Installed Content # Packages'

Click the box next to that (and 'Activate ACL' if nec.) and hit 'Uninstall'.
    Reboot to check that it is justifiably nuked!

The other way may be to hold the ACL Icon on your TP until a 'X' appears by it, then tap the 'X'..
    but I am not sure how complete an uninstall this latter method enacts.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Wise decision!

You should get a trouble free uninstallation by using WOSQI on your PC.

Click on 'Tools' then 'Device Management'.. 'ACL for WebOS Touchpad' should show up under 'User Installed Content # Packages'

Click the box next to that (and 'Activate ACL' if nec.) and hit 'Uninstall'.
    Reboot to check that it is justifiably nuked!

The other way may be to hold the ACL Icon on your TP until a 'X' appears by it, then tap the 'X'..
    but I am not sure how complete an uninstall this latter method enacts.

Don't forget to unregister ACL first in the 'ACL for Webos'-app! In the settings-menu you can deactivate it.

I'm interested in your license
    Quote Originally Posted by poehoes View Post
    Don't forget to unregister ACL first in the 'ACL for Webos'-app! In the settings-menu you can deactivate it.

I'm interested in your license

Yep.. officially cool.

You're WHAT?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    poehoes likes this.
    My ACL now tells it's unregistered, but the register button is not available at the same time. I'm also thinking of a complete remove, but i don't want a complete doctoring...

Anyone with a prooven deinstall routine?
    Well proven...

You can find here when to use the install option Mutoidi suggests (the 2nd one). Only when installed with Preware.

Uninstalling ACL (when installed using webOS Quick Install) fails to uninstall €“ Support Center
    or
    ACL for webOS Installation Guide €“ Support Center

But the last one means doctoring your device...
    Last edited by poehoes; 08/03/2015 at 05:23 AM. Reason: ref to Mutoidi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    You're WHAT?
    I'm happy with ACL. Just using it for Citrix Receiver (for work), Fire Phoenix, Whatsapp, Telegram (untill the webos-version from Pattyland works), Wordfeut and the ES Filexplorer. And they all work fine. All programs sideloaded with apkleecher, but since they are free there is no problem
  8.    #8  
    I enjoy my ACL, but would like to have xm radio app, but when I try to install from google play store, it says this application not usable on this device. I assume it is made to work with newer versions of Android. Does any one have earlier version of xm radio meant to work on ACL version of android? I used to listen to xm on early version of the browser but they changed and deleted the old version. I complained to xm but received no reply. I guess they don't care about obsoleted HP listeners.
  9.    #9  
    After reviewing the android install instructions, It appears that most causes one to lose use of WebOS. Since I have a lot of webOS apps that I use daily. I will stick with the ACL for now. I can run Netflicks and Utube on the android side while still being able to do the usatoday crossword and some of the other games on the webOS side without a major hassle. Thanks for the feedback. Maybe ACL can look at upgrading their system to later android version. One can always hope.
  10.    #10  
    When I tried to use xmradio on the android browser side of ACL, it said I needed version 11 of flash to run. I went online at adobe and downloaded the version 11.1 version of flash and installed on android, but xm still says need version 11 or higher to run xm. Tried with ACL supplied browser, Opera, and Dolphin browsers without success. Any suggestions?