Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi, y'all. I bought my boss's touchpad from her last week. I couldn't figure out why hp app catalog,help, system update, or any other built in apps/services would not load. Webos.com doesn't seem to exist for me to set up account in my name & get it out of hers...well in my Google searching, I've learned that support, catalog, etc have been discontinued by hp. I tried to do load Chrome browser, but, didn't know which version to choose. Tried to
    Update flash...ugh! (Videos play, but, I can't play games) I learned that I can install android & would like to do so in order to be able to download apps & games. I don't know which android version is best for touchpad. I don't know how to find out if I have Java, webos quick installer or novacomm installed (don't see them listed in software mgr) don't know how to get to security in settings to allow unknown resources to install apps. Dont know if I should delete everything, or, which steps to take first. How do I get t.p. toolbox? Do I install it, the quick installer, etc... to my pc or my tablet?? A lot of questions, I know & I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this thread. I would really appreciate some guidance. It's running webos 3.0.5 thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by TonjaNation View Post
    Hi, y'all. I bought my boss's touchpad from her last week. I couldn't figure out why hp app catalog,help, system update, or any other built in apps/services would not load. Webos.com doesn't seem to exist for me to set up account in my name & get it out of hers...well in my Google searching, I've learned that support, catalog, etc have been discontinued by hp. I tried to do load Chrome browser, but, didn't know which version to choose. Tried to
    Update flash...ugh! (Videos play, but, I can't play games) I learned that I can install android & would like to do so in order to be able to download apps & games. I don't know which android version is best for touchpad. I don't know how to find out if I have Java, webos quick installer or novacomm installed (don't see them listed in software mgr) don't know how to get to security in settings to allow unknown resources to install apps. Dont know if I should delete everything, or, which steps to take first. How do I get t.p. toolbox? Do I install it, the quick installer, etc... to my pc or my tablet?? A lot of questions, I know & I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this thread. I would really appreciate some guidance. It's running webos 3.0.5 thanks in advance!
    First off welcome !

Now the Bad news
    You are right no more Palm/hp site any more. Support has been drop by HP.

The good news
    You found this site!

1. I would say check the touch pad for Preware (it the open source app catalog)
    If it is not on the tablet the you have to install it from your computer! ( the best way is with WebOS quick install)

2. Accounts! go to the setting tab there be a account app icon tap it and remove your boss account and add in yours

3. Java, webos quick installer or novacomm are all for your PC not the tablet

4. i woud not delete everthing! what app she bought you would not get back

5. lots of reading to do here.

there is a and CM version (android ) for the touch pad but i never played with it. i have heard of it going as far as triple booting.

John
    Welcome!
    Yes, you are in the right place and everything you need to know (maybe a steep learning curve!) is here somewhere.
    Yes, HP have shut down the App Catalog & all Profile/Backup servers now. But that is not going to stop you. Many of the most relevant WebOS Apps are backed up and available here still.
    You will need latest Java, WOSQI and Novacom etc installed on your PC.
    For Android, CM 10.1 is still a reliable and stable version, though there are newer ones available too.
    TP toolbox is easily downloadable - and excellent.
    May I suggest that you first use the 'Search Site' facility at the top of this page to read up on any topics you initially need to know more about? Then get back with any issues still unclear?
    Long Live the Touchpad!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    I hope your boss didn't charge you much. Watch your back with that one...

The TPad is pretty obsolete, as far as webOS goes. But you can install android and switch back and forth. This would be the best way to get the most use from the device.

There are threads here discussing what to do with your tablet, so keep on reading and get caught up. Look for Preemptive's threads on the state of webOS, and Alan Morford's PivotCE publications. These will help you set up some services but most popular things don't work anymore.

If you install CM9 or similar, you'll have an android device that's pretty functional, although a bit heavy. GoogleSearch putting android on TPad. Most Google search results refer back to this site and are easier to comb through than this site's search results.

If you like it enough, look for the wireless charging stand on fleabay. Probably the best feature of the device. Good luck!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Some links:
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015

Webos Doctor Versions (for reinstalling the OS)
    Tip: How to Bypass Activation | pivotCE

Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE

These items and the ones below should be useful, but they are all webOS based as is this site. If you like webOS, a new version called LuneOS is being developed and has it's own section on these forums.

There is a section on Android on webOS. The other places you might find useful for Android instructions are xdadevelopers.com & rootzwiki.com. You can dual boot. Some even triple boot webOS, Android & testing builds of LuneOS.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/31/2015 at 12:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thanks, y'all! I appreciate your time & knowledge. Going to see how much damage I can do to this thing! lol