Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes
    im deleting everything related to these hash codes and these google pems. in /var and /etc, in certs and trusted certs.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    The first thing I recommend you do is delete all google-related certs from the cert manager and see what's left in /var/ssl/certs. Given that the cert manager renames them to what appears to be a hex numbered filename, did you also copy google1.pem to that directory and add the .1 hash symlink? If so that one will remain when you are done. At that point, delete those two files from /var/ssl/certs. If you then trust all three certs in the zip, you should be able to get mail. If something isn't still lurking somewhere.

Edit: looks like you beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The first thing I recommend you do is delete all google-related certs from the cert manager and see what's left in /var/ssl/certs. Given that the cert manager renames them to what appears to be a hex numbered filename, did you also copy google1.pem to that directory and add the .1 hash symlink? If so that one will remain when you are done. At that point, delete those two files from /var/ssl/certs. If you then trust all three certs in the zip, you should be able to get mail. If something isn't still lurking somewhere.

Edit: looks like you beat me to it.
    haha! yes i've blown out everything. only thing left in the cert mgr is *.turn.com, Starfield secure Cert Auth G2. i don't know what that is.

i tried creating an account now, to see what error i get. no triangle, instead "requested encryption not supported by server".

i'm going to try a fresh install of the 3 google pems now, using the cert mgr to trust them.

Edit: OMG IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    SUMMARY: deleting all associated files everywhere and reinstalling/accepting the certs fixed it.

my /var/ssl/certs folder now has 6 items in it. 3 are the hash codes, 3 are the symlinks. they seem to label themselves in sequence, so i have 28, 29, and 2A.

my /var/ssl/trusted certs also now contains the 3 hash code files. (these link back to the 28-2A in the other folder)

my /etc/ folders do not contain any of these new files.

i'm blown away. thanks for the assistance! i can't believe i'm getting gmail again!
    Matt, it still doesn't work for Palm Pre correct? I meant manually trusting the google certs...can't receive gmail on palm pre...can send it...since it is sha1 and not sha256 as on the incoming server...
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Nope, sorry. Still not working on webOS 1.x. Wish I could say otherwise. I am not confident the SSL layer can be replaced, or that the problem isn't in the java code that handles the actual communication with the servers.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 08/03/2015 at 09:15 PM.
    palmpre06062009 likes this.
    Hello, please, please help me:

I have HP PRE 3

Why after:

cp *.pem /var/ssl/certs/

i get errors:
    cp: cant create "/var/ssl/certs//google1.pem": permission denied

I trying folder /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts, but it is the same...

???

I do it with WTERM

I tried it in developed mode on and off
    I tried to copy from media/internal and media/internal/downloads

Thank you

Richard
    By default, wterm runs without root privileges. To modify files in that folder (which also requires generating a symbolic link ) you need root privileges. To do this in wterm, you have to set a root password in the app's setup scene - if you do, don't lose the password. Then type "su" (without the quotes) and enter the password when prompted. You can do much damage with root privileges, so be careful what you do as root!
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    By default, wterm runs without root privileges. To modify files in that folder (which also requires generating a symbolic link ) you need root privileges. To do this in wterm, you have to set a root password in the app's setup scene - if you do, don't lose the password. Then type "su" (without the quotes) and enter the password when prompted. You can do much damage with root privileges, so be careful what you do as root!
    Than you.

And what folder is the right? In PRE 3 (WebOS 2.2.4) are folders:
    /etc/ssl/certs
    /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts
    /var/ssl/certs
    /var/ssl/certs/trustedcerts

If it is better, I can run novaterm from WOSQI.

Root password is password for Developer mode? I have not set any password for Developer mode, I can switch ON/OFF developer mode without password.

RB
    I write LN (in Novatem) for folders:

/var/ssl/certs/
    and
    /var/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/

with message File Exist:

root@RichardBucekHPPre3:/var/ssl/trustedcerts# ln -s /var/ssl/certs/trustedcerts
    /google3.pem 7999be0d.0
    ln -s /var/ssl/certs/trustedcerts
    /google3.pem 7999be0d.0
    ln: 7999be0d.0: File exists

but Gmail is not working
    hi guys, on my father's pre 2 the certificate manager looks broken. why do i think this? because when i execute certificate grabber i get message: unable to get certificate list.

i installed lumberjack and executed certificate grabber and the only message that caught my attention is:
    [2015-10-25 22:13:55] (kernel) kern.info: [224294.470000] minicore_launch: CRASH! PmCertificateMg(19423) received 11. Waiting up to 60s for minicore to attach.

any ideas from this? as mentioned the problem is with my father's pre 2 so i do not have the phone with me, i am able to fix his problems with gmail just when visiting him.

contingency plan is to doctor his device but as you might imagine... it takes timeee and would be my laasst option

thanks in advance
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    it may be worth to compare the pmcertificatemg executable on the phone, with the one in the doctor. just to rule out a file corruption
    I can think of two possibilities right away: 1) the binary is corrupt or 2) the data storage area it uses is corrupt. There are other possibilities, but replacing it should be easy enough. It might even be possible to delete the storage area it uses, which based on recent emails with Frantid, may be a text file or other file-based database, rather than one of the shared db8 databases.
    It's just a text file, but I wouldn't edit it by hand unless you use vi or similar. The file is /var/ssl/index.txt There is a second file /var/ssl/serial that has just one entry which is the binary number of the next entry number in index.txt I haven't dug into what the fields all mean in index.txt As a quick check you could cat both files to see if the number looks correct. I have reset mine once, if you delete both files and reboot the phone will make new files. But you lose the ability to manage any previously added certs in the cert manager.
    ktessner likes this.
    nice tips guys, thanks for the feedback. i guess i will try to delete both files as frantid mentions and wait for the phone to create new files. the gmail certs are the important ones. no need to manage in the cert manager the other ones... my father is happy reading facebook and gmail in his pre2!
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
    nice tips guys, thanks for the feedback. i guess i will try to delete both files as frantid mentions and wait for the phone to create new files. the gmail certs are the important ones. no need to manage in the cert manager the other ones... my father is happy reading facebook and gmail in his pre2!
    Hi guys! Everything is working great guys. I renamed those two files and the certificate manager began working.. Also certificate grabber! Awesome!

Thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I was hoping that would work. Hopefully this will fix the problem for everyone affected
    Preemptive and ktessner like this.
  18.    #38  
    I was hoping that would work. Hopefully this will fix the problem for everyone affected
    As I'm one of the few affected I did a quick test on my touchpad. I renamed both files and restarted my touchpad. The certificate manger is back.

Some minor additional information: in the original files the serial was 16b, while the last value in the index is 016a; so that at least appears to not have been the cause of the problem.Putting the original files back also makes the problem return (as expected, but I had to check). At first glance there is nothing in the files that is obviously corrupted.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    OK I'm trying to get gmail working, and i have received mail. But there something weird going on!

I have cert Grabber installed as well as root cert updater and openssl updater.

When i run the cert Grabber, it says there's no existing certs. So it appears to download them. But when i open the cert manager, it's blank. Run the app again and it does the same, showing no existing certs.

When i go i use internalz to open any .pem file, it launches the cert manager, and asks if i want to trust it. It lists no info. Details page is empty for every cert i try.

When i choose Trust, it goes to a blank cert manager.

The cert manager appears to have blank cert entries. I can tap any of them and it opens a blank cert template. From there the app becomes unresponsive, the delete and done buttons do nothing i must close the cert manager.
    The /var/ssl/certs folder has many .pem and .0 files. Open one and the app freezes.

Any ideas on this?
    It's possible that it's related to the openss update (the other 2 things do not cause changes to the system), would suggest you contact the programmer... he could probably instruct you to snatch some debug info to understand if this is the case.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12