1.    #1  
    I received a touchpad from a friend and it had an android is installed on it. He tried to delete it and now it will not boot in either OS mode. Hence why he gave it to me. I want to put it back to factory spec and start from scratch.

So how do I do this? I have been looking online and no straight answers.

Any help would appriciated or at least point me in the right direction. Thanks
    It's usually possible to recover.

webOS has not been supported for some years. You should read this article: Tip: How to Bypass Activation | pivotCE. Once you successfully boot you will almost certainly need to do this also.

You will see that it describes how to obtain the webOS doctor. This will reinstall the OS, wiping everything (including apps) except the files in the USB drive section - this is usually what you have downloaded - pictures, videos, documents, etc.

However, before you do anything, you should describe the symptoms. Is the device totally dead? Do you see anything on screen - especially when connecting the charger?

Did your friend successfully remove Android before the reset? Was it running Android only or dual booting both systems? Failure to remove Android might create issues, but I think even these can be resolved.

Does it attempt, but fail to boot? Do you for instance see a boot menu or an HP logo. Does the logo pulse? Does the LED in the 'home' button light up at all?

If you clearly describe your symtoms and if your friend can give you any information about his or her delete/reset process, then you increase the chance of getting the correct advice for your problem. It's possible that it is a minor fault and the doctor isn't necessary.

Generally, don't worry: Short of a hardware fault, It's very difficult to permanently brick a Touchpad.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/07/2015 at 01:02 AM.
    Does it do anything at all when you try to power it on? I'm thinking TPToolbox is probably the tool for the job, if you can get it to the required starting point. I doubt it is clean enough to just put it in recovery mode and run the webOS doctor process.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Does it do anything at all when you try to power it on? I'm thinking TPToolbox is probably the tool for the job, if you can get it to the required starting point. I doubt it is clean enough to just put it in recovery mode and run the webOS doctor process.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using [i]Forums
    TPToolbox should be able to allow you to get it back to "factory condition" and then run the WebOS Doctor.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2