Page 1 of 47 123456 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    This began on my Touchpad 2 days ago, which may or may not have something to do with the cdn.w55c.net virus.

Up till Friday, I had no problem with my Touchpad accessing my Gmail account. I would turn on the screen, and all mail arrived with a small white envelope at the top. Then no mail arrived, even though it did on my Android phone and PC. Can't send mail either. Nor will the Touchpad sync with my PC or phone, so my mail count is off in both devices.

This morning I opened my Gmail app (I normally don't do that, but only click the envelope icon when new mail arrives). There I saw an exclamation point in a yellow triangle, and when I clicked it it said:

google error: requested encryption not supported by server

I went to accounts and tried to log in, using the correct password. Instead of logging in or getting an 'incorrect password' message, I get the same yellow triangle with the words "bad request" in red. Booting or Luna reset does nothing to help.

Coincidentally (perhaps), on Friday night I opened my AccuWeather app, and kept getting a browser popup page -- blank -- that began with http://cdn.w55c.net, which from my Google search appears to be a virus. In the 'this is really weird' department however, this only happens when I open the app at NIGHT, just after midnight. Otherwise, no popup at all. I find it hard to believe WEBOS could get a virus, and maybe it can't - but my Gmail problems began at the same time.

Please help if you can. Until then I remain,

Mystified
    This has been happening intermittently with webOS for the last week or so. I've had it happen on several devices
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    This has been happening intermittently with webOS for the last week or so. I've had it happen on several devices
    How do you fix it? Or are we just supposed to wait until it goes away?
    For me and others it has come and gone on its own.
    Please note that there are malwares that install inside adsl routers and cause weird things when opening webpages.

(on the pc could get unnoticed if the antivirus does a good job)

It has 0 costs, reflashing the router ( and clear the cookies of the tablet )
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Please note that there are malwares that install inside adsl routers and cause weird things when opening webpages. (on the pc could get unnoticed if antivirus does a good job). Reflashing the router ( and clear the cookies of the tablet )
    I will clear out the cookies and the cache on the tablet, thanks. By "reflashing" my router, do you mean rebooting it?
    no, I mean "doctoring" the router.

Could be that a reboot will help, but I would not be optimist (if the router is the problem). By example, a friend of mine went on business to a different city, few days ago, and their wifi router had that problem... they had to reload the OS inside. And he had to scan / repair multiple times his work laptop, since his antivirus didn't block the malware.

All routers are small computers using a linux based distribution, and in a lot of cases an arm cpu. Various makers provide updates / upgrades to the OS, to fix bugs / vulnerabilities / sometimes to add functionalities.
    Normally upgrading/flashing is as easy as doctoring a webos device, and similar as procedure.
    I have been having this issue this past week on my Pre3. It can be very frustrating when your phone is your lifeline to emails and it doesn't work. I was doing a lot of traveling and noticed that in a new city, it would resolve it self or if I could get on wifi, i could get the emails. I am on ATT.

Friday and Saturday, it wouldn't work again over the att network. I logged into wifi and it wouldn't work there, either. Turns out, it was an ATT wifi network. Finally got to another wifi and it worked again.

Is it webos? Is it webos and ATT? or is it just att? who knows?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I have been having this issue this past week on my Pre3. It can be very frustrating when your phone is your lifeline to emails and it doesn't work. I was doing a lot of traveling and noticed that in a new city, it would resolve it self or if I could get on wifi, i could get the emails. I am on ATT.
    This is very helpful, thank you. I'll take the pad out to a hotspot (or two) and check it from there. If it works, there must be something going on with Google/Verizon Fios. Sorry that it's your phone, though - that would drive me nuts.
    My phone is giving me this error for several days now. No mail incoming.

Is gmail finally done for webOS? I do not have the cDav app installed. But. I have the 0auth2 for cal and contacts. Will cDav help with mail?.

This may be the final straw. I've been offered a free used GS4. Can someone please save me from having to switch?

TIA!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    No, CDAV doesn't work with email. My gmail is working fine this week, knock on wood. :\
    Edit: ok, so it was working until some time after 6PM central time, getting the error now.
    Same kind of thing is happening with my phone. On Sprint I was getting the error, but when I connected to my home WiFi, it was able to pull down my mail.
    my gmail works as usual, here in Italy. I use it through WiFi
    This may not be relevant, but I now have battery drain problems on my Pre3. It was a similar problem that caused me to stop using the Pre2... The log seems to show a lot of C+DAV errors - which is what I'm using to sync the google calendar. I know I don't have the latest patches, but as everything was working for me, I left it alone

Recently it seemed that the sync took a while and that changes on device were not making it back to google or getting overwritten. E.g change the time of an event and instead of correct sync I would get duplicates.

Of course, the first thing to do is to update or uninstall / reinstall to see if that works, but the key point is that I have not changed the configuration in any way that I can recall, but now the battery is draining. Early evidence points to sync problems and this would be some network problem or a problem at Google...

One other point I would make is that if there is a 'loop' or constant retries in the event of an error, this is bad programming. webOS should not be dependent on connectivity and should fail gracefully if there are problems. For instance, there should be a limited number of attempts, then an error message that enables the user to fix connection or send a bug report - not just kill the battery.

I'm actually fairly hopeful that the LuneOS developers are embracing the benefits of connectivity while remaining mindful of the drawbacks. Some of the real strength of PalmOS were dropped as the web was embraced. If they are added back into LuneOS (and apps are written that have some function when connections are dropped), then we will have the best of both worlds.
    I don't know what version you are using, but there were some sync bugs fixed in the last couple of versions.
    So weird.

Mail coming in OK today. Apparently complaining about it here fixed it!

I'm sure that's not actually true. Wondering what the problem was and why it's intermittent.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    I had the same problem with gmail too afew months ago,so I eliminated it and installed Yahoo, Yahoo worked for a few weeks, but now I get the same error message. A few minutes ago I tried to sign up for a google account again, but I got an installation failed message. Is there a patch that I can instal to make webos on my TP working again?
    For me, I think the key is seeing if it works on wifi when 4G shows the error. If that continues to be the case, It narrows down where to look. I only had one time where wifi didn't work and it was an ATT network and the phone is ATT. Maybe the issue is between the networks and Google?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    For me, I think the key is seeing if it works on wifi when 4G shows the error. If that continues to be the case, It narrows down where to look. I only had one time where wifi didn't work and it was an ATT network and the phone is ATT. Maybe the issue is between the networks and Google?
    At this point I'm inclined to think so. I had to shop at Home Depot this morning and took my pad with me. Logged on to their free wifi -- Att -- and as soon as I did, up pops the envelope icon with 5 messages. No problem sending mail, either.

When I returned home I tried again; no joy. Back to the yellow triangle. However, I have more than 1 gmail account and thought maybe adding it would provide more info.

And it did. Instead of letting me sign in, I got a different error message:

Unable to connect to server. error details: ser Error code 3000: address resolution failed.
    src/network/socketconnection.cpp:184

When I Google that message, some problems surfaced from 2012 from a Touchpad and from a Pre owner. No replies from the Touchpad issue but someone replied to the Pre owner who said they'd called Cox, who said they were no longer supporting WebOS apps!

Tried to call Verizon. An hour later, after being transferred from one end of the Philippines to the other, I still hadn't reached anyone at Tier 2 tech support, who are the only folks who can answer this question for Verizon.

Either they did a system upgrade last week that may have messed up a few lines of code, or they've cut the cord for good.

If anyone here has a direct line to Tier 2 -- or has a different explanation for the error message, please let us know. Otherwise, the time may have come to say goodbye.
    Mah, email access should not be affected by anything aside DNS resolution issues... there are standards.
    Can you set manual DNS for the Touchpad when using the home wifi connection ?

You can put opendns.com ones
    208.67.222.222 Primary
    208.67.220.220 Alternate

and lets see if this fixes it
Page 1 of 47 123456 11 ... LastLast