Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I put the new cert on my Pre3 and it is working well.
    you copied it to the /media/internal, then opened it with InternalzPro, which allowed you to trust the cert?

my phone is now sending, just not receiving. is there a way for me to confirm the imap.gmail.com cert is on my
    phone?

i've just copied the 3 certs to /media/internal, copied to /etc/ssl/certs and /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts. then opened each one and accepted. still no mail on the phone. tpad working fine since the latest cert install updating google1
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 07/29/2015 at 05:34 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    you copied it to the /media/internal, then opened it with InternalzPro, which allowed you to trust the cert?

my phone is now sending, just not receiving. is there a way for me to confirm the imap.gmail.com cert is on my phone?
    Have you taken a look at the certificates under the preferences in device info?
    Here is a list of the the latest certs on my Veer running 2.2.4:

bs.serving-sys.com - thawte SHA256 SSL CA
    wap.ebay.com - VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA-G3
    GeoTrust Global CA - Equifax
    Google Internet Authority G2 - GeoTrust Global CA
    imap.gmail.com - Google Internet Authority G2 (October 12, 2015)
    content.picopoint.com - RapidSSL CA
    imap.gmail.com - Google Internet Authority G2 (October 20, 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    Have you taken a look at the certificates under the preferences in device info?
    Here is a list of the the latest certs on my Veer running 2.2.4:

bs.serving-sys.com - thawte SHA256 SSL CA
    wap.ebay.com - VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA-G3
    GeoTrust Global CA - Equifax
    Google Internet Authority G2 - GeoTrust Global CA
    imap.gmail.com - Google Internet Authority G2 (October 12, 2015)
    content.picopoint.com - RapidSSL CA
    imap.gmail.com - Google Internet Authority G2 (October 20, 2015)
    i only have the imap dated october 20. i also have geotrust global, geotrust universal, and google internet auth g2.

but that's the list the cert mgr shows. my /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts folder has hundreds of certs.

EDIT: i just added the october 12 cert. it shows the 2nd imap in the list now. SAME as my tablet which is receiving mail. it made no difference on the phone.

** going over the manual login settings in the email app, it now says it cannot validate the settings. no triangle, different failure than usual! what does this mean?
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 07/29/2015 at 05:49 PM.
    Ok, I am now receiving mails from my google account on my US Pre2 running 2.1. I used the certs in the updated zip that Grabber has provided, and then followed NIN_ru's method for trusting each of the certs. (security manager is still not handling the updated certs)
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Post #112 updated with new zip. COntains updated google1.pem (the one for imap.gmail.com) that (so far) resolves the errors that started back up today. Can someone outside the US compare to see if it is the same as your updated cert?

Post 112: google error: requested encryption not supported by server
    Worked like magic again Matt!! (On my AT&T Pre 3 w/2.2.4, and my wife's AT&T Veer)

Thanks for the quick fix!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    Ok, I am now receiving mails from my google account on my US Pre2 running 2.1. I used the certs in the updated zip that Grabber has provided, and then followed NIN_ru's method for trusting each of the certs. (security manager is still not handling the updated certs)
    I'm glad to hear this. I can't even add a Google account to the Verizon Pre2 I doctored to 2.1 today. I get the bad request error as if I didn't have the Google sync HTTPS patch installed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    Where are nin_ru's instructions? I just did a "search this thread" for all posts by his user name and got nothing. I want to make sure I'm doing it the way it worked for you.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 07/29/2015 at 10:12 PM.
    I'm glad to hear this. I can't even add a Google account to the Verizon Pre2 I doctored to 2.1 today. I get the bad request error as if I didn't have the Google sync HTTPS patch installed!
    Do you have a device that IS working? I'm about ready to send you my tablet if it will help you troubleshoot. I don't know what to compare. The inconsistency of this issue is frustrating.
    Where are nin_ru's instructions? I just did a "search this thread" for all posts by his user name and got nothing. I want to make sure I'm doing it the way it worked for you.

It's in the thread about the certificate manager not working. certificate manager broken
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07/29/2015 at 10:27 PM.
    Do you have a device that IS working? I'm about ready to send you my tablet if it will help you troubleshoot. I don't know what to compare. The inconsistency of this issue is frustrating.

Oh yeah, I have lots of devices working, but thanks. I was just trying to test on 2.1 since someone with a 2.1 Vzw Pre2 was having trouble, but I am getting a different error. I had no trouble on a meta-2.1 Pre+.
    Worked also on my TP w/3.0.5

Downloaded and unzipped the 3 .pem files on my PC, attached them to an email to myself and my wife, opened the attachments, trusted the certificates, and all three devices are syncing again.

Too easy

Thanks again!
    You're welcome! Yeah I'm thinking that if I can ever add an account it will sync!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Worked for the last two weeks through midnight - with no 'certs' or changes of any kind to my TouchPad. As of this morning - yellow triangle back. This has *got* to be a server/luck-of-the-draw issue.
    yep. suggest to add all various google1 certificates (and/or generate it and add/post here, if different )
    After wasting time and making no progress on this all week, I finally got gmail working again on my devices, and I'm embarrassed I didn't try it sooner. I have been talking to Alan all day and at some point during the discussion I realized that my Yahoo account was only working on devices where I had installed those new certs. Oh, this isn't the Yahoo thread? Right.. so Alan needed those and I re-captured them using the tip from the 'Fixing Yahoo sync' PivotCE article, and decided to see what happened if I captured the gmail certs the same way. So I captured them, saved them to three pem files, and copied them to my Pre2, opened each one in Internalz and trusted it. Then I went back to the email app and refreshed my gmail account and all of my email came in! These have also been installed successfully on a Pre3, Veer, Touchpad Go, and Touchpad.

I've attached a zip file containing the three pem files with the updated certificates. Unzip, copy to device over usb (or just unzip there using wterm) and then navigate to the folder you copied them to and trust the certs.
    Thanks, Matt. This worked like a charm on my Touchpad. I haven't installed it on my Palm Pre yet. I will have to find a way to download the files. It seems Yahoo POP3 email doesn't include attachment? I don't see them on Palm Pre. I lost my Wifi Media Sync App so will need to get USB mode and transfer files. I remembered doing this for Yahoo earlier in the year, but it didn't work for IMAP. Hence, I was forced to move to POP3 on Yahoo. Incoming works, but outgoing doesn't. WTF. Did you try it on your Palm Pixi yet? Does it work? I will try it later this evening.

This is a big blow for me. My Yahoo outgoing wasn't working on Palm Pre. So I was using Gmail to send outgoing message for a message received on Yahoo...albeit in urgent cases only...but now I can't even do that...so i hope these certs work...otherwise I am royally screwed...

EDIT: Actually, the outgoing on Gmail works...so only incoming is the problem for now. Anyway, WTF. :-(
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Had the same issue for a long time, but only one or two times a week.
    but since yesterday I had no chance to access gmail at all...

I'm using the german e-plus network, no wifi at all...

Thanks to Grabber5.0 for the three certs!
    Now everything works fine again!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I haven't installed it on my Palm Pre yet. Did you try it on your Palm Pixi yet? Does it work? I will try it later this evening.(
    I assume your Pre has 1.4.5 on it. If so, it probably won't work. I've only tried a Pixi, but it did not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post

Downloaded and unzipped the 3 .pem files on my PC, attached them to an email to myself and my wife, opened the attachments, trusted the certificates, and all three devices are syncing again.

Too easy

Thanks again!
    Could someone explain in a little more detail how to do this? I have the files on my PC, emailed them to myself, opened them on my TP (3.0.5) email (not gmail) and then didn't know what to do! Thanks in advance for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post

Too easy

Thanks again!
    Holy Toledo!! I got it to work!!! Thanks all of you who speak computer language for translating so that the rest of us who are willing to give things a try can make it work!! No more yellow triangle.
    I assume your Pre has 1.4.5 on it. If so, it probably won't work. I've only tried a Pixi, but it did not work.
    Yes, 1.4.5. I will try it out tomorrow. Didn't get a chance today.

From what I remember while working on Yahoo email problems back in April/May timeframe, SHA2 is not enabled in the installed version of openssl in Palm Pre 1.4.5. And that is why I think things are not working...even if you manage to trust the certificates.

How can we update openssl in palm pre to support SHA2?
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast