Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    The only device I can find around here with 2.1 on it is a Pre+ with a 2.1 metadoctor, and it had no problem with the certificates and gmail started working again. Has anyone else with a 2.1 Pre2 installed these?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Update "the security certificate signature cannot be verified, error 4020"
    I had the same thing this morning (in the Netherlands, on a touchpad). When doing a manual login it allowed for the cert manager to pop up (but since that route is broken for me I couldn't test it).

So I retrieved new certificates (as described here for yahoo: https://pivotce.com/2015/03/05/guide-fixing-yahoo-mail/) and manually added them to my device (certificate manager broken). It's now working again for me.

I don't know if this is going to be a regular thing, but at least the solution seems to be relatively simple.
    Not going to be a solution in this case... the certificate manager worked as it should have.

It made the hashes and the symlinks, I've even doublechecked the hashes by generating them, and they match with what it's present in the /var subdirectory

Something else is messing.... how is the google1.pem, for you ? that one tends to be different here in europe, maybe the one generated here is somehow... flawed

A weird thing, the 1st cert grabber generated, and the 1st I generated days ago.. are different inside, the sha is different. but the hash generated for both of them is identical.
    Last edited by mazzinia; 07/29/2015 at 09:31 AM.
    OK idk what you guys think these certs are doing, but over here everything is weird.

For the last few days I was getting mail on phone. It had no certs that I can see with Cert Mgr.
    I just did a test mail, and the phone didn't receive it, but didn't show a triangle either.

Meanwhile, the tablet I put the certs on yesterday, had to reboot, but got mail. And, it received the test mail that the phone did not. HOWEVER, as the tablet showed the new mail notification, it also showed a similar notification stating that the security cert was invalid for my second gmail acct. So one account is working and one is not??

Now I'm really confused!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Something else is messing.... how is the google1.pem, for you ? that one tends to be different here in europe, maybe the one generated here is somehow... flawed
    I noticed that indeed only the first certificate (google1.pem) differs (requested in the Netherlands). Mine is below, it differs from both that were posted earlier.

Code:
    -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    MIIEdjCCA16gAwIBAgIIXoBdLvfdLXkwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQELBQAwSTELMAkGA1UE
    BhMCVVMxEzARBgNVBAoTCkdvb2dsZSBJbmMxJTAjBgNVBAMTHEdvb2dsZSBJbnRl
    cm5ldCBBdXRob3JpdHkgRzIwHhcNMTUwNzIzMTYyMDAxWhcNMTUxMDIxMDAwMDAw
    WjBoMQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzETMBEGA1UECAwKQ2FsaWZvcm5pYTEWMBQGA1UEBwwN
    TW91bnRhaW4gVmlldzETMBEGA1UECgwKR29vZ2xlIEluYzEXMBUGA1UEAwwOaW1h
    cC5nbWFpbC5jb20wggEiMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4IBDwAwggEKAoIBAQDZeBAU
    1Msv6EN8kk2QGfksEA4GkofySvyaiqoye5eHx5qMBn2kWRu2rQiurQ3Qc5UKgOuS
    c5Bw9Z3zTqqj8OkVYoJ4vVEiCrRI2fBTsoBL131ColL24gUs8rVRUbP/GXLgllsS
    niPFzn21U3ia2Zq4mQZDy0ex0cUzlBdwX3rNKWqLdd4oojGInTGgPUk7sE8ok1db
    KmcEjNQHJyZeY5rfyd3w/LWUKc5yR/xbcfLqBGsUa9qi2miqByfO1q8YXdQinVBd
    TjDNAasBxux23Ea7bTQ0NfeEUdkIOfBXTVujlenUMvqVWlpEKW6NMigurDS30JP+
    J7yD8OJd++SJmhODAgMBAAGjggFBMIIBPTAdBgNVHSUEFjAUBggrBgEFBQcDAQYI
    KwYBBQUHAwIwGQYDVR0RBBIwEIIOaW1hcC5nbWFpbC5jb20waAYIKwYBBQUHAQEE
    XDBaMCsGCCsGAQUFBzAChh9odHRwOi8vcGtpLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vR0lBRzIuY3J0
    MCsGCCsGAQUFBzABhh9odHRwOi8vY2xpZW50czEuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS9vY3NwMB0G
    A1UdDgQWBBTn24nQRP14Y7r9BS4GOTnZY1PybTAMBgNVHRMBAf8EAjAAMB8GA1Ud
    IwQYMBaAFErdBhYbvPZotXb1gba7Yhq6WoEvMBcGA1UdIAQQMA4wDAYKKwYBBAHW
    eQIFATAwBgNVHR8EKTAnMCWgI6Ahhh9odHRwOi8vcGtpLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vR0lB
    RzIuY3JsMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBCwUAA4IBAQBk2lm0kaxywZaBxV9vkQN89jjVBdyx
    /+F2BwAj/9uHVH37N9kTxA5lgCqIXjwt/TEw79CG5w0IqV36NsjvqCKkH1FeUNJv
    5l81jojnGHfXGDBYjChtnNGdudq4JN/z47hEBZVdHydD9O7fV9WTk7U+frHVaVZN
    wW9FYw9Ir0DrPD8l8W6k/G/iGpzMW4cA/pY2CqB3e1GE0nyBENwFtY8n5CXBznrU
    y+GHsTyI+aaVKZ0834+JcUB2AHqyEC7s1Bi5R0GYLBSbBYpi1ut1Ya+dr7WErku/
    PsJSDmrD934PZ4CFzCO/NzSUu5w9Z0JAOZ3Wgqx9xvaVt/8pVtbTuNx7
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----
    I checked them each with a cert-decoder: https://www.sslchecker.com/certdecoder
    Like the original one it's algorithm is sha256WithRSAEncryption (while yours was - as you stated - sha1WithRSAEncryption); so it's possible that the sha1 was unintentional.

A weird thing, the 1st cert grabber generated, and the 1st I generated days ago.. are different inside, the sha is different. but the hash generated for both of them is identical.
    I noticed that too. Mine will also give you the same hash.

It is European...so let me know if this certificate works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    OK idk what you guys think these certs are doing, but over here everything is weird.

For the last few days I was getting mail on phone. It had no certs that I can see with Cert Mgr.
    I just did a test mail, and the phone didn't receive it, but didn't show a triangle either.

Meanwhile, the tablet I put the certs on yesterday, had to reboot, but got mail. And, it received the test mail that the phone did not. HOWEVER, as the tablet showed the new mail notification, it also showed a similar notification stating that the security cert was invalid for my second gmail acct. So one account is working and one is not??

Now I'm really confused!
    That to me could indicate that somehow one account is running on 1 gmail server for which you have a valid cert and another on another gmail server for which you don't have a valid cert. Getting the cert would be a pain though since it probably won't show up when you do the openssl trick with imap.gmail.com.

You might want to load gmail in your browser for this account and permanently accept the certificate when prompted?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    well... right now decided to work again.

The internet connection is the same as with the computer here, and when it didn't work I checked the openssl certs .... it was still showing the same chain of 3, on the commandline

Now that it works again, same. Bottom line, that one is the cert that here is always shown...

PS

Right now the google1.pem that openssl shows is the SAME that misj' posted. It's NOT added to the list of certificates on the tablet... but the tablet gmail account works.

I guess it's as harry said, it fluctuates... added misj' cert alongside the other, lets see how it behaves on long term
    Last edited by mazzinia; 07/29/2015 at 10:20 AM.
    I added 4 certs. 3 of my own using OpenSSL tool, then the account worked for a while, but didn't always. Just added Misj's certificate and now all seems fine again!
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    That to me could indicate that somehow one account is running on 1 gmail server for which you have a valid cert and another on another gmail server for which you don't have a valid cert. Getting the cert would be a pain though since it probably won't show up when you do the openssl trick with imap.gmail.com.

You might want to load gmail in your browser for this account and permanently accept the certificate when prompted?
    ok the invalid cert error disappeared after a reboot. the tab is now receiving all the test mails.

my phone however is not receiving mail to the one account it has, and it was receiving it yesterday, without certs. so i put the certs on. it didn't help. no triangle error, but no test emails received.

they DO come in through the browser though.

also, i unzipped the google certs on my computer. there's now a file in the folder i made called palmwebos.pem windows sees it as a text file.
    i put them in both devices and accepted as a valid cert, but now i'm wondering WHAT IS THIS AND WHERE'D IT COME FROM? is it legit?
    Well, if it can be of any "consolation" , the pre 3 here keeps receiving mail (google) without issues from the start, immediately and without any cert added
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    It's been nearly two weeks since I wrote my last post in the Gmail Help Forum thread about this - and my Touchpad began working the next day. It's been working ever since (knock on wood) with no certs or changing or even touching any of the Touchpad's settings. It just works.
    I installed the new certs and all had been working well. today, I have ' The server's security certificate is invalid' message, but I still seem to be getting mail.
    ok now the tablet says invalid security cert for both gmail accounts that received email successfully just an hour ago.

looks like i'm back to using the web browser to access mail, or forwarding it to hotmail if i want it auto delivered. can't trust the webOS mail app, certs are not the solution.
    Herrie, is LuneOS also affected by this, or are the OS's so different (with LuneOS handling things differently) that this is a traditional webOS specific problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    Herrie, is LuneOS also affected by this, or are the OS's so different (with LuneOS handling things differently) that this is a traditional webOS specific problem?
    I'm not sure, I haven't tried anything yet. Will do tonight I guess
    Post #112 updated with new zip. COntains updated google1.pem (the one for imap.gmail.com) that (so far) resolves the errors that started back up today. Can someone outside the US compare to see if it is the same as your updated cert?

Post 112: google error: requested encryption not supported by server
    petbull likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I'm not sure, I haven't tried anything yet. Will do tonight I guess
    Added 2 GMail accounts without any issues So seems we're OK Would need to check what certificates are on the device though
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Post #112 updated with new zip. COntains updated google1.pem (the one for imap.gmail.com) that (so far) resolves the errors that started back up today. Can someone outside the US compare to see if it is the same as your updated cert?

yes, is the same cert that misj' got here in europe ( and that appeared also here during the very last openssl test )
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post

i can confirm that this new cert installed to my TABLET has restored service to both gmail addresses on it.

however it is not helping on the phone. neither has removing them. no triangle, no error, no mail.

ALSO:

i just looked in that etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts folder of the phone. it's packed with stuff! none of which shows in the list of the Cert Mgr that's accessible through the Device Info tab.

i selected one of them, opened it and selected TRUST and then it did show up in the Cert Mgr.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 07/29/2015 at 04:32 PM.
    I put the new cert on my Pre3 and it is working well.
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast