Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'm not certain it would work for you if the cert manager isn't working, but it's worth a try. Here are the path and a link to the post where you can download the script if you want to see it.
    Cheers. When I have time I'll look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    After wasting time and making no progress on this all week, I finally got gmail working again on my devices, and I'm embarrassed I didn't try it sooner. I have been talking to Alan all day and at some point during the discussion I realized that my Yahoo account was only working on devices where I had installed those new certs. Oh, this isn't the Yahoo thread? Right.. so Alan needed those and I re-captured them using the tip from the 'Fixing Yahoo sync' PivotCE article, and decided to see what happened if I captured the gmail certs the same way. So I captured them, saved them to three pem files, and copied them to my Pre2, opened each one in Internalz and trusted it. Then I went back to the email app and refreshed my gmail account and all of my email came in! These have also been installed successfully on a Pre3, Veer, Touchpad Go, and Touchpad.

I've attached a zip file containing the three pem files with the updated certificates. Unzip, copy to device over usb (or just unzip there using wterm) and then navigate to the folder you copied them to and trust the certs.
    Matt, you are a freakin' genius! You just got my Pre3, Touchpad and the wife's Veer all syncing again!!

We both thank you so much for your dedication and incredible problem solving skills. The Nation wouldn't be a nation without folks like you keeping it going and the less technologically inclined (such as myself) are forever greatful that great minds such as yours hang around here
    Where does Grabber get his ideas? Whoever gave him this one is likely very smart, attractive, and humble.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Where does Grabber get his ideas? Whoever gave him this one is likely very smart, attractive, and humble.
    Dear Mr. Humble,

What took you so long? You must add 'slow' into your self descriptive narrative!

Matt,

Thanks again for your help. This worked perfectly and your timing was impeccable. I was now having the issue just about everywhere and had made my mind up to get a new phone. You have kept me on webos yet again. darn it!
    google1.pem: expires 13 octobre, 2015
    google2.pem: Google internet authority G2 issued by Geotrust, expires january 1, 2017
    google3.pem: Geotrust Global CA, expires august 21, 2018

So see ya in 3 months...
    For some reason, the certs donīt seem to work for me, must be a different cert for Europe. I will try to pull the cert for here, see if it differs,
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Still need a solution for importing the certs to 1.x. I suggested building a simple website with the certs embedded to require accepting them upon browsing to the site. Beyond my knowhow though. Anyone?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Frantid, apparently the openssl certificate of "google1.pem" is different, and apparently only that one, here in Europe

It's Sha1 , not Sha256 ........

This said, it doesn't allow me to sync contacts saying bad request when I try
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mazzinia; 07/27/2015 at 02:38 PM.
    Edit: tried this on my Tpad and was successful....

... After several fails. So here's some info for others who are struggling.

1. THIS REQUIRED A REBOOT BEFORE IT WORKED FOR ME ON TPAD.

I tried several times but got ERROR CODE 990 before rebooting just to see if it would help. It did!

2. had to enter email and password BEFORE choosing "manual entry".

I first put in the user and password myself but it wouldn't accept it. Then I tried putting it in the first screen so it could auto populate info on the second screen. That helped.

QUESTIONS:
    my phone lists 3 certs by the Manager: *.usps.com, *.turn.com, and bs.serving-sys.com NONE OF WHICH I HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THEY ARE FOR. CAN/SHOULD I DELETE THEM?

my Tpad lists 11 certs including the 3 i just installed here.

so my phone is getting mail without any certs? wtf? HOW?
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 07/27/2015 at 09:16 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    A reboot should not be required - that's weird. As for your phone, are you sure? there has been at least one other person posting that they were not affected yet, so it's possible. Expect to need the new certs soon. Doubt it would hurt to install them, and if it does, you can just remove them from cert manager.

The extra certs are likely from encountering cert prompts in the browser and trusting them.
    Since it's working at all I'm afraid to mess with it. I'm still uncertain about adding a second gmail account to the same webOS device in case of log out conflict. So, I'm not adding my alternate gmail account to my phone until I'm feeling more confident. I'm accessing one through the email app and the other one through a bookmarked browser window.

The tablet does have two gmail addresses on it now and so far they both sync fine. So I'll add the other to the phone eventually and I'll put those certs on next time I plug in with USB. But how if this thing getting mail? I just witnessed it's absolutely necessary for the TP. Weird indeed

Why is it we can't just click on the zip file, or three PEM files, or any file actually, from this website DIRECTLY to a webOS device that has Internalz Pro and open to install? Can this be remedied?
    New question:

Can the mail browser be patched to check validity for certs and install them as part of the account creation process?

If so please add that to the OTA update for 2.2.4 that's coming soon
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Since it's working at all I'm afraid to mess with it. I'm still uncertain about adding a second gmail account to the same webOS device in case of log out conflict. So, I'm not adding my alternate gmail account to my phone until I'm feeling more confident. I'm accessing one through the email app and the other one through a bookmarked browser window.

The tablet does have two gmail addresses on it now and so far they both sync fine. So I'll add the other to the phone eventually and I'll put those certs on next time I plug in with USB. But how if this thing getting mail? I just witnessed it's absolutely necessary for the TP. Weird indeed

Why is it we can't just click on the zip file, or three PEM files, or any file actually, from this website DIRECTLY to a webOS device that has Internalz Pro and open to install? Can this be remedied?
    Adding a second account can't cause a problem with existing ones, so don't worry about that. Also copying the certs to the phone won't do anything in itself, as they are only activated when you add them to the cert manager.
    The problem with getting forum attachments on webOS devices is that webOS doesn't handle authenticated downloads very well, or at all in some cases. They can be put on a website and downloaded directly, as I have done with some other files before.
    btw

the issue with Contacts not syncing ( password giving error ) happens also to some guys with android. In a good amount of their cases, a solution was to remove all contacts, and add them back, apparently.
    Not so sure that it would be a good idea for us to try (unless on a spare device)
    I've downloaded the zip and extracted the files. Copied them to my Pre 2 Verizon. When I try to open them when tapping on them in Internalz, I get the "invalid security file format" message when Certificate Manager opens.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I haven't tested these on 2.1 - does your Pre2 have 2.1 on it? I remember some SSL errors with Facebook on 2.1.. The only other possibility I can think of is they got corrupted copying them, which seems unlikely. I got a couple 2.1 devices out today to test, but never had time to do it. Also, I got that error with another certificate, but was able to work around it thanks to a post from NIN_th. If it's not a 2.1 problem, that may work.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    well, I just got "Security Certificate invalid" , on 3.0.5 .....

It was not there, yesterday
    Yes, my Pre 2 is running 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    Yes, my Pre 2 is running 2.1
    Thanks, I'll let you know what I find out.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad Go using Forums
    Update "the security certificate signature cannot be verified, error 4020"
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast