Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Is this a spare device? I'm the last one to tell people to just doctor but you're beating a dead horse. It may be time to start fresh.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Yes this is spare Pre3 as already mentioned above. Doctor option is always open. But I do not want to do that. I will have to by pass activation etc.... which I do not want to do and hence I am troubling all of you

I am having issues with http://forums.webosnation.com/showth...19#post3005119 and hence all my earlier posts.

K
    I know you may not want to do so, but I would recommend the doctor process as well.

IMO, it would be easier than spending so much time on the forums here (this would probably be solved already if one of the gurus on here had your phone and a pc for an hour).

Starting clean with a fresh doctor has helped clear up many problems for me over the years, even if it is a pain.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You can always extract the files that are being patched from the Doctor and push them to the device.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 12/07/2015 at 03:13 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You can always extract the fikes that are being patched from the Doctor and push them to the device.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    That is a better idea I Think. Let me work on the doctor files...

Regards

BTW Any sotware that you recommend on my decompressing / expand the .jar doctor files??
    Quote Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
    That is a better idea I Think. Let me work on the doctor files...

Regards

BTW Any sotware that you recommend on my decompressing / expand the .jar doctor files??
    JAR files are basically ZIP files. 7Zip and WinRAR do well on Windows for me. You want to go to Resources folder and there should be a webOS.tar file there that contains all the files
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    JAR files are basically ZIP files. 7Zip and WinRAR do well on Windows for me. You want to go to Resources folder and there should be a webOS.tar file there that contains all the files
    Already did that and got the below error when I ran the patch...
    I got an error that this patch was apparently run / reversed earlier and I had to install more .jsjsjs $files$ ($the$ $doctor$ $was$ $VERY$ $usefull$).

Anyway to cut matters short, the patch was (atlast) run successfully.

Many Thanks to all those helped me out.
    and yes, Gmail does run successfully

K

P.S: I thought that I was adept with computers, but I must be REALLY growing OLD, Small things like downloading / extracting the doctor file and use save restore for reinstalling.... It never clicked my mind
    Last edited by kingshukt; 12/07/2015 at 11:24 AM.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Looks like Google might be changing its cert update schedule. They were updating every 7 days, but now it looks like they are extending that...in two more days it will be 2 weeks...so far, no new update.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Marshall7 View Post
    Looks like Google might be changing its cert update schedule. They were updating every 7 days, but now it looks like they are extending that...in two more days it will be 2 weeks...so far, no new update.
    Must've been just for the holidays. They've done it *twice* this week!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Just a note of thanks to Grabber5.0 for adding Yahoo certs to the Certificate Grabber app. I updated my Touchpad manually with cutting and pasting bits from an openssl call (thanks to Pivotce.com for those instructions) once my Yahoo mail started pitching a fit... then a day or two later there appeared an update to Certificate Grabber that folded that right in. Great work!
    Last edited by Chris Holst; 02/16/2016 at 09:27 AM.
    I've started getting the yellow triangle for Outgoing Mail Server: Requested encryption not supported by server message for my gmail account. I've updated to the latest Cert Grabber app 0.5.6 and trusted the new certificates. Still no luck.

I've also tried to manually download the certificates myself on my desktop using "openssl s_client -showcerts -connect smtp.gmail.com:465" command and then copy and trust on my Pre2. This didn't work either.

Wonder if anyone else is experiencing these issues?
    You might consider the openssl update from the alpha feeds.

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Yup, I have been messing with the openssl update for a few weeks now. I cannot get it to install or uninstall successfully. I've done the version check and it is at 'gz', but I get trust certificate prompts on pretty much every web page I visit in the browser.
    Just tried the old delete account and add back account and got 'bad request' message.
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    Just tried the old delete account and add back account and got 'bad request' message.
    Do you have the Google sync patch installed? That's required to add an account or reauthenticate. If not, try adding it as a manually configured IMAP account. That works even without the Google login (but unfortunately doesn't allow contact or calendar sync.
    Yes I have Google sync fix for https v.2.1.0-1 installed.

Everything was working until about a week ago when I tried to send an outgoing mail from gmail.

I noticed in another thread that others are experiencing outgoing yahoo mail issues with SMTP. Not sure if there is any connection.
    Cert grabber has started failing for me today... anybody else seeing issues?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    In what way is it failing? Not opening? Not grabbing new certs?
    I'm having issues on a TP. I'm seeing 'Security Cert invalid' from the Google account, so I run Cert grabber as normal. It takes a while and eventually states, 'Unable to get installed certificate list'. I'm not seeing the alert on the phone, so it may be a fault with the TP rather than the app itself, I don't know.

The Certificate manager has a blank page, but the '+rosette' has a short list. The most recent certs (including google .pems) date from the end of June. That may actually be when the problem started.
    I am getting the "security certificate is invalid" error quite often on my Veer 2.2.4.

Cert Grabber is working fine for me, it finds current certs and DLs/installs new ones as it should.

However, the error occurs more often than a successful sync when Gmail inbox is refreshed. Doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi or data, or how many times I run cert grabber.

Yahoo mail is still chugging along fine....

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I'm having issues on a TP. I'm seeing 'Security Cert invalid' from the Google account, so I run Cert grabber as normal. It takes a while and eventually states, 'Unable to get installed certificate list'. I'm not seeing the alert on the phone, so it may be a fault with the TP rather than the app itself, I don't know.

The Certificate manager has a blank page, but the '+rosette' has a short list. The most recent certs (including google .pems) date from the end of June. That may actually be when the problem started.
    Your index is corrupt