Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
    I got an error when I tried to install the google sync behaviors patch
    The errors are in the below attached error files - these files have been renamed with .txt due to upload restrictions.Attachment 69144

Attachment 69145

Attachment 69146

Attachment 69147

These error files are as mentioned in the error screen when the patch fails..

Please help.

K
    You need to see if the original files are still on the device. Look in the directories for files that end in ***.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ $Use$ $Internalz$ $Pro$ $with$ $master$ $mode$ $on$, $tap$ $the$ $name$ $choose$ $info$. $Use$ $backspace$ $to$ $remove$ $the$ &$quot$;.$webosinternals$.$orig$&$quot$; $part$ $of$ $the$ $name$ -- $so$ $the$ $files$ $end$ $in$ &$quot$;.$js$&$quot$; $Then$ $back$ $gesture$ $to$ $close$ $the$ $info$ $scene$. $It$ $should$ $ask$ $you$ $if$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $rename$ $the$ $file$ $choose$ $yes$. $If$ $you$ $can$'$t$ $find$ $the$ .$orig$ $files$, $you$ $need$ $to$ $get$ $them$ $from$ $the$ $doctor$ $and$ $put$ $them$ $on$ $your$ $device$.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You need to see if the original files are still on the device. Look in the directories for files that end in ***.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ $Use$ $Internalz$ $Pro$ $with$ $master$ $mode$ $on$, $tap$ $the$ $name$ $choose$ $info$. $Use$ $backspace$ $to$ $remove$ $the$ &$quot$;.$webosinternals$.$orig$&$quot$; $part$ $of$ $the$ $name$ -- $so$ $the$ $files$ $end$ $in$ &$quot$;.$js$&$quot$; $Then$ $back$ $gesture$ $to$ $close$ $the$ $info$ $scene$. $It$ $should$ $ask$ $you$ $if$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $rename$ $the$ $file$ $choose$ $yes$. $If$ $you$ $can$'$t$ $find$ $the$ .$orig$ $files$, $you$ $need$ $to$ $get$ $them$ $from$ $the$ $doctor$ $and$ $put$ $them$ $on$ $your$ $device$.
    @frantid: Did that. But I still get errors. These are for 2 files- both of which are attached..

xhr.js.txt

xhr.js.old.txt

syncassistant.js.txt

syncassistant.js.old.txt

The ".old.txt" are the renamed file of the earlier ".jsjsjs&$quot$; $file$
    The ".jsjsjs.$txt$&$quot$; $are$ $the$ $files$ $with$ &$quot$;.$webosinternals$.$orig$&$quot$; $removed$
    (renamed for ".txt" for uploading purposes)

K

Please help
    @frantid: Did that. But I still get errors. These are for 2 files- both of which are attached..

xhr.js.txt

xhr.js.old.txt

syncassistant.js.txt

syncassistant.js.old.txt

The ".old.txt" are the renamed file of the earlier ".jsjsjs&$quot$; $file$
    The ".jsjsjs.$txt$&$quot$; $are$ $the$ $files$ $with$ &$quot$;.$webosinternals$.$orig$&$quot$; $removed$
    (renamed for ".txt" for uploading purposes)

K

Please help
    The syncassistant.jsjsjs $file$ $is$ $the$ $correct$ $one$. $The$ $xhr$.$js$.$old$ $is$ $the$ $correct$ $file$. $So$ $rename$ $that$ $one$ $xhr$.$js$. $Then$ $restart$ $your$ $device$. $Make$ $sure$ $you$ $are$ $using$ $the$ $patch$ $from$ $the$ $forum$ $not$ $Preware$. $Put$ $the$ $device$ $in$ $airplane$ $mode$ $and$ $on$ $power$ $prior$ $to$ $installing$.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    If you have the OpenSSL update and the new root certificates installed, then I expect it will all be automatic, but if you do want to try manually, I guess the instructions for Yahoo will work. you just have to substitute the server names which are in the account settings.
    Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail | pivotCE
    I have the same problem as whfrat, only on Pre2. I can receive emails from Hotmail no problem, but cannot send, getting yellow triangle and notifications about expired certificate. I installed Root Cert Updater from preware and still no luck.

This weekend I will try opening up the preware alpha testing feed and try installing OpenSSL Updater, hoping the combination of the two updates will work (but that's a pure stab in the dark on my part).
    It kind of annoys me people are still talking about this. Install openssl. The end. Crap.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    It kind of annoys me people are still talking about this. Install openssl. The end. Crap.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    The problem I believe is getting in to the Alpha mode of Preware.
    I tried that & on getting stuck I dropped the idea.

Can you / some one - give a line by line instruction (for noobs like me) for activating Alpha mode in Preware?

Regards
    The syncassistant.jsjsjs $file$ $is$ $the$ $correct$ $one$. $The$ $xhr$.$js$.$old$ $is$ $the$ $correct$ $file$. $So$ $rename$ $that$ $one$ $xhr$.$js$. $Then$ $restart$ $your$ $device$. $Make$ $sure$ $you$ $are$ $using$ $the$ $patch$ $from$ $the$ $forum$ $not$ $Preware$. $Put$ $the$ $device$ $in$ $airplane$ $mode$ $and$ $on$ $power$ $prior$ $to$ $installing$.
    Thanks. I am at work and I have forgotten to bring the other Pre3. I will try again after I reach home (India time).

Thanks

K
    The problem I believe is getting in to the Alpha mode of Preware.
    I tried that & on getting stuck I dropped the idea.

Can you / some one - give a line by line instruction (for noobs like me) for activating Alpha mode in Preware?

Regards
    Uninstall Preware on phone
    Enable Dev mode on phone
    plug in phone to computer
    open webOS Quick Install 4.6.0
    In tools click Linux commandline
    Execute this command: mkdir -p /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.preware
    And then this command: touch /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.preware/enable-alpha-feeds
    Reinstall Preware
    Follow me on Twitter
    Uninstall Preware on phone
    Enable Dev mode on phone
    plug in phone to computer
    open webOS Quick Install 4.6.0
    In tools click Linux commandline
    Execute this command: mkdir -p /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.preware
    And then this command: touch /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.preware/enable-alpha-feeds
    Reinstall Preware
    Can you please provide me a link for:

webOS Quick Install 4.6.0

K
    Last edited by kingshukt; 12/05/2015 at 10:19 AM.
    Can you please provide me a link for:

webOS Quick Install 4.6.0

K
    WebOS Quick Install v4.6.0

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thanks a lot - @horzel, Alan and all.

Now I have another peculiar problem that I have never faced....

This has happened when trying to follow the procedure for installing Alpha mode of Preware....

I have uninstalled the existing Preware, but when I tried to reinstall Preware after doing all that @Alan mentioned about enabling Alpha mode, WebOS Quick Install does show Preware in the applications (or any tab for that matter). This after struggling fruitlessly for some time I think may be because -
    Preware was not uninstalled (properly)

Now can somebody help me out here?

Thanks

K

P.S: I remove the directories that Alan mentioned in his procedure (using InternalZ) and lo and behold Preware appeared.
    @Alan - It is therefore possible that your procedure may be incorrect somewhere.
    Can you please recheck and revert back

Edit1: I did a full reboot after removing the directories and searched for preware - with a view to reinstall. It has again dissappeared !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by kingshukt; 12/05/2015 at 10:21 AM.
    When you enable the alpha feed, you will not initially see it when you open Preware. You will need to go to "manage feeds" in the preferences of Preware app and set the manually entered feed to "on".

Hope that helps.
    Wow you're having a hard time. I kinda feel like we should start a new thread on how to enable alpha fields but this thread has already digressed a bunch anyway so who cares, right?

Here's another way to accomplish what you're trying to do. It's a way to install the alpha feeds via a save/restore backup.

Here's the link to download Preware and you can use WOSQI to reinstall it manually by dragging it into the window. https://app.box.com/s/tau0y5zqpioqovo90a39xpi50kkop0q5

Once it's reinstalled, open it once and then close it.

In WOSQI also install Save/Restore. Unzip this file and drag the folder to your webOS device. https://app.box.com/s/tgxlyd7kgfst4ptb4uca4j63rx64c4h4

Open the save/restore app and tap restore application data. Toggle Preware to on and tap restore selected. Then reboot the phone. Open Preware and in the top menu tap Manage Feeds and turn on the Alpha apps feed.

NO ONE SHOULD TAKE THE ALPHA FEEDS LIGHTLY. Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    When you enable the alpha feed, you will not initially see it when you open Preware. You will need to go to "manage feeds" in the preferences of Preware app and set the manually entered feed to "on".

Hope that helps.
    Your point may be correct & true IF I could install Preware!!!
    Wow you're having a hard time. I kinda feel like we should start a new thread on how to enable alpha fields but this thread has already digressed a bunch anyway so who cares, right?

Here's another way to accomplish what you're trying to do. It's a way to install the alpha feeds via a save/restore backup.

Here's the link to download Preware and you can use WOSQI to reinstall it manually by dragging it into the window. https://app.box.com/s/tau0y5zqpioqovo90a39xpi50kkop0q5

Once it's reinstalled, open it once and then close it.

In WOSQI also install Save/Restore. Unzip this file and drag the folder to your webOS device. https://app.box.com/s/tgxlyd7kgfst4ptb4uca4j63rx64c4h4

Open the save/restore app and tap restore application data. Toggle Preware to on and tap restore selected. Then reboot the phone. Open Preware and in the top menu tap Manage Feeds and turn on the Alpha apps feed.

NO ONE SHOULD TAKE THE ALPHA FEEDS LIGHTLY. Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    OK @Alan I have managed to install Preware usiing the .ipk above. The Alpha mode is also on. I have also managed to install OpenSSL. I hope that I will be able to install Gmail using accounts

No I still get a "bad request." .................Back to @Frantid..

Thanks anyway

K
    Install this and reboot Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch

Follow me on Twitter
    @frantid. Done that. I still get error on XHS.jsjsjs.
    I also copied the xhs.webosinternals.orig from my other Pre3 and renamed the same to xhs.jsjsjs $and$ $ran$ $the$ $patch$. $I$ $still$ $get$ $error$ $on$ $xhs$.$js$

I am using the patch as downloaded from your signature.
    If that is not the correct one, please point me to the correct one.

Please help

K
    Is this a spare device? I'm the last one to tell people to just doctor but you're beating a dead horse. It may be time to start fresh.

Follow me on Twitter
    petbull likes this.
    Wow, that was a swift kick in the rear. I opened the alpha feed and installed OpenSSL updater, still cannot send mails via hotmail. I did an re-install of Root Certificate Updater and waited for the application successfully installed message. Issue is still unsolved. I guess I won't be sending mails via hotmail from my Pre2.
    Sorry. I was a bit brash. This is a thread about google thus my answer.

Follow me on Twitter