Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    I'm with Jeff.

Hey! You Alpha guys may laugh at little beta me, but Cert Grabber is really convenient and Thibaud is working on getting his work to beta.

When he is confident that the installation is harmless, I'll go all in with the update, root certs and all.
    For me, the cert grabber scheme works very well. I only use the HP Touchpad to act as an annunciator/alarm to
    let me know when a new Gmail incoming message has arrived. I don't use it to read any messages or send any messages. I don't use the contacts or calendar either. I have several laptops in different locations in the house, and I always use the closest one to see the latest messages and then send the replies. The nice thing about the HP Touchpad is the mail annunciator feature which is very loud when the internal volume is turned up. I can hear it several rooms away, so I'm always informed when the latest incoming message arrives.
    Forgot to mention all my laptops are running Windows 7 (I have no need for Windows 10), and obviously, all of them have Gmail installed. As for calendars, I only use a stand alone calendar that is NOT cloud based. I'm very leery of the "cloud" concept. Once you start putting your stuff in a cloud app, you have no idea of who or what is able to intercept and see what you have in the could. How secure is the so called cloud....there's a lot of variables in the picture.

IMHO, keep anything private or personal, out of the cloud...including calendar appointments.
    I hear you skeptics. I feel that way about some things. But it's webOS. So much of what we have is alpha and beta. Even patches that fix things like weather apps and menu replacements like New Device Menu are alpha and beta. I bit the bullet and installed it. Wow have I not regretted it. This plus frantid's patch allows the google synergy to come back in full glory. NO battery drain. NO crashes. NO touch maintenance to get rid of the triangle. It's GREAT! Do yourselves a favor and install it. You won't regret it.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Grabber5.0 and TJs11thPre like this.
    confirming no issues yet with ssl updater alpha, on Pre2 running 2.2.4 franken meta.

instructions to switch on feed were simple enough once i looked them over, used wosqi command terminal window with success.

like suggested above, many things we get for webOS never leave the alpha state, but are still effective solutions. after enough time in alpha, without significant reported conflict, I felt confident enough to install.

thanks again, forum heroes; building stuff to keep my little phone going.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Alan Morford and Alibamboo like this.
    UPDATE: Latest Google IMAP Gmail cert with valid dates from 11/04/2015 to 2/01/2016. The 7 day cycle continues.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Fellow comrades,

My hotmail on my PRE 3 has been working fine on the way in but I have not been able to send an email for about 10 days.

I have tried changing encryption and ports to no avail. I put it back where it was at smtp.live.com TLS and port 587. When I try to validate I get " Unable to validate incoming mail server settings." Those are pop3.live.com SSL and 995

I have Cert grabber but when I look at the certs I do not see any outlook or hotmail certs on the list. Can I add these somehow?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by whfrat View Post
    I have Cert grabber but when I look at the certs I do not see any outlook or hotmail certs on the list. Can I add these somehow?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    The cert grabber is only for the gmail leaf certificates. The problem with hotmail is an expired root certificate. You can use frantid's root cert update package from Preware to update all root certs including hotmail. The GlobalSign updater in Preware is only for the root certificate used by hotmail and a few other certs, so might as well update them all.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The cert grabber is only for the gmail leaf certificates. The problem with hotmail is an expired root certificate. You can use frantid's root cert update package from Preware to update all root certs including hotmail. The GlobalSign updater in Preware is only for the root certificate used by hotmail and a few other certs, so might as well update them all.
    OK,

I do have frantid's root cert update package. I re-read the install and it suggests that an expired Hotmail cert may cause a problem. His patch only adds the certs vs removing old ones also.

I check my security certificates and I do not see anything from outlook or hotmail to remove. Thanks to you the Google smtp and imap are there ;-)
    OK,

I do have frantid's root cert update package. I re-read the install and it suggests that an expired Hotmail cert may cause a problem. His patch only adds the certs vs removing old ones also.

I check my security certificates and I do not see anything from outlook or hotmail to remove. Thanks to you the Google smtp and imap are there ;-)
    The root cert updater app will remove expired certs, just not the manually added ones in the certificate manager. So just go in and look at your cert details to see if it is expired.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    The root cert updater app will remove expired certs, just not the manually added ones in the certificate manager. So just go in and look at your cert details to see if it is expired.
    I checked all of the dates in the certificate manager (none for outlook or hotmail) and they are all in the future. In the lower left hand corner is a "sun" with a plus sign. It appears to be for adding a certificate? when I click it it shows googleimap.pem and googlesmtp.pem Is there a way to put a Hotmail cert in there manually?

any other ideas?

Thank you
    @ whfrat , it's definitely very strange. I have hotmail on both my devices and it has NEVER required an updated certificate.
    On one device hotmail was setup 4 years ago, on the other is a matter of 5/6 months maybe
    I checked all of the dates in the certificate manager (none for outlook or hotmail) and they are all in the future. In the lower left hand corner is a "sun" with a plus sign. It appears to be for adding a certificate? when I click it it shows googleimap.pem and googlesmtp.pem Is there a way to put a Hotmail cert in there manually?

any other ideas?

Thank you
    If you have the OpenSSL update and the new root certificates installed, then I expect it will all be automatic, but if you do want to try manually, I guess the instructions for Yahoo will work. you just have to substitute the server names which are in the account settings.
    Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail | pivotCE
    @frantid / @grabber. I have another Pre3 in which (for whatever reasons) Gmail is not installed.
    I have been trying to install Gmail for the last 1 day and I get a "bad request" error whenever I try to install Google / gmail from accounts.

The "certificate grabber" and "Rootcertificateupdate" (from preware) are both installed. The latest certificates too are installed

Gsync 1.2 is also installed.
    I do not remember if anymore of the earlier patches are installed.

Please help.

K
    P.S: My other Pre3 (my daily driver) is working perfectly- thanks to all your efforts..
    Are you trying to add gmail using the gmail profile ? because if yes, is not going to work ( you have to setup a generic imap/email account ).
    If you want to use the gmail sinergy account, you need to add the big patch that frantid made (for oauth v2). Is on the forum, not in preware
    Quote Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
    @frantid / @grabber. I have another Pre3 in which (for whatever reasons) Gmail is not installed.
    I have been trying to install Gmail for the last 1 day and I get a "bad request" error whenever I try to install Google / gmail from accounts.

The "certificate grabber" and "Rootcertificateupdate" (from preware) are both installed. The latest certificates too are installed

Gsync 1.2 is also installed.
    I do not remember if anymore of the earlier patches are installed.

Please help.

K
    P.S: My other Pre3 (my daily driver) is working perfectly- thanks to all your efforts..
    You need to uninstall gsync 1.2 and add the google sync behaviors patch. Then you can add a normal google account back. See the link in my signature. Make sure you read the first post.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Hi all,

I have the cert. grabber app installed, and it seemed to be the answer for a while. However more and more now I still get the "The server's security certificate....." warning, even right after running the cert. grabber. It doesn't seem to matter whether not I open the cert. via Internalz Pro and "trust" them, the error still happens.

The actual email accounts work intermittently, sometimes emails will show despite the warning, however often sent emails will hang in the Outbox for a while. Restarting seems to help them clear out of the Outbox, however that's a drag to have to do. I pump a lot of emails through my Pre 3's and my TP, so time is always an issue.

Ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You need to uninstall gsync 1.2 and add the google sync behaviors patch. Then you can add a normal google account back. See the link in my signature. Make sure you read the first post.
    I got an error when I tried to install the google sync behaviors patch
    The errors are in the below attached error files - these files have been renamed with .txt due to upload restrictions.google_calendar_transformer.js.txt

xhr.js.txt

utils.js.txt

transforms.js.txt

These error files are as mentioned in the error screen when the patch fails..

Please help.

K
    I can only say the Certgrabber version 5.5 has always worked perfectly for me on my HP Touchpad. I just used
    again today for Google's weekly certificate update. No more yellow triangle or invalid certificate error message.
    As stated before, it seems that Google is updating the Gmail server certificate every 7 days. I was going to put up
    a new post on this thread every time there was an update, but then I thought there was no need for that as it
    seems that almost everyone on this thread has "fixed" this problem one way or another. I can't imagine why
    Google needs to do an update every 7 days, but I'm sure they have a valid reason. I suspect the frequent
    updating will never give code decryption hackers enough time to crack the certificate code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wocketman View Post
    Hi all,

I have the cert. grabber app installed, and it seemed to be the answer for a while. However more and more now I still get the "The server's security certificate....." warning, even right after running the cert. grabber. It doesn't seem to matter whether not I open the cert. via Internalz Pro and "trust" them, the error still happens.

The actual email accounts work intermittently, sometimes emails will show despite the warning, however often sent emails will hang in the Outbox for a while. Restarting seems to help them clear out of the Outbox, however that's a drag to have to do. I pump a lot of emails through my Pre 3's and my TP, so time is always an issue.

Ideas?
    I have experienced this, but I think it's a result of the rapidity of Google's updates and possibly the time it takes to percolate across their network rather than any problem at your end.

If you are a heavy Gmail user, then you can install frantid's update to the Google API 3 - allowing use of the gmail setup option in synergy rather than setting it up as a generic account. It may be that you are currently doing this using a patch from Grabber5.0, but that patch does not allow the setting up of a new account and it's function is incorporated in frantid's patch, which also updates the other Google services.

None of that is relevant to your certificate problem. There has been an update offered to OpenSSL. It is alpha, but seems to work for most people.
    OpenSSL-Updater - Fixing Certificate Issues

If you combine it with frantid's root certifcate update, it should solve ALL the certificate issues on legacy webOS as you will have the root certs and a system that can use them to authenticate others in a chain.

Links are on the service pack thread below.
    .................................................................................................... ....|||||||||
    .................................................................................................... ....|||||||||
    .................................................................................................... \\\\\\\|///////
    .................................................................................................... .\\\\\\|//////
    .................................................................................................... ....\\\|///
    .................................................. ........................................................\|/
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/03/2015 at 10:29 PM.
    frantid likes this.