Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Bucek View Post
    Help, please. Where is possible to download new certificates after change "manually"? The previous certificates I must install manually.

My certificate manager is broken, Grabber certificate 0.5.5 say: "Unable to get installed certificate list"

Thank you very much.

(HP Pre 3, WebOS 2.2.4)
    As long as the app installed, even if it does not work due to the cert manager not working, you should find a copy of the scripts located in /media/internal/.developer/certgrabber. You'll need to enable showing hidden files to see the .developer folder using internalz. Nothing special is required to navigate to it from a terminal window. I also have an alternate ipk that I can send you that uses a script for everything, if you pm me your email address. I have only had one other person test it, so I have not released it publicly.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 10/23/2015 at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I had an interesting experience this time around. Got the first triangle on Tuesday and updates to the 12th. The next morning I had the triangle again and it updated back to the 4th. It seemed to go back and forth several times yesterday before settling in for the certificate ending the 12th. Of course, I was roaming in Canada, eh?
    During the roaming, it looks as though you were being connected to different Google servers and they did not have the latest cert simultaneously. But that does seem strange. You would think that Google would have a way to keep all their servers up to date with the latest cert and synchronized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I also have an alternate ipk that I can send you that uses a script for everything, if you pm me your email address. I have only had one other person test it, so I have not released it publicly.
    For the record, I can confirm that the alternative IPK has worked flawlessly for me.

Sometimes I have to use it multiple times during the course of the day (when the certs are updated), because even though it works, the triangle keeps returning. But I read that others - with the normal IPK - also had this problem.

I have both the alternative version and 0.5.2 of the regular version (the last version that did not try to obtain a certificate list (although you will have to installed the certs manually if the manager is broken); posted here: google error: requested encryption not supported by server) installed, and I only use the alternative version now. I haven't experienced any problems.
    Last edited by Misj'; 10/23/2015 at 05:44 PM.
    During the roaming, it looks as though you were being connected to different Google servers and they did not have the latest cert simultaneously. But that does seem strange. You would think that Google would have a way to keep all their servers up to date with the latest cert and synchronized.
    I had a bunch of these last week, a couple of times a day.... Home wifi, 3g, office wifi, all had different certs. I'm happy with OpenSSL update now, no more hassles. Also works for my other providers ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I had a bunch of these last week, a couple of times a day.... Home wifi, 3g, office wifi, all had different certs. I'm happy with OpenSSL update now, no more hassles. Also works for my other providers ;-)

So far for me, I've always received the latest cert update from Google. I have used Graberr5.0's different versions of the cert updater and they have worked well without a problem. In my case, the HP Touchpad always stays in the same place and is connected to the Internet and IMAP Gmail through a WIFI modem/router and our provider is Comcast. So it appears as though mobile devices at different locations seem to be connecting to different Google servers at different times. I'm quite sure that Google has a vast array of servers at different locations to handle the millions of Gmail messages on a daily basis. It seems that not all of these servers have the latest cert at the same time, but eventually, they all have the latest cert. Just my thoughts on this, maybe something else is happening.
    As a side note, I just did a quick check on how many servers Google has. The estimated numbers vary, and Google does not reveal the number. However, one study went into rather elaborate detail and analysis, and it estimated that the number was approx.1.8 million severs around the world in 2013. And that number continues to grow, so now in 2015, it's probably in excess of 2 million severs. And so, it will be impossible to know which server you are connected to at any given time. And also, we have no way of knowing how Google updates the IMAP certificates in this vast complex of servers. Incidentally, Google owns and designs their own data centers. Thanks to Grabber5.0, his cert updating software keeps us up to date with all the recent Google cert updating.
    Last edited by Jeff Marshall7; 10/24/2015 at 01:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    As long as the app installed, even if it does not work due to the cert manager not working, you should find a copy of the scripts located in /media/internal/.developer/certgrabber. You'll need to enable showing hidden files to see the .developer folder using internalz. Nothing special is required to navigate to it from a terminal window. I also have an alternate ipk that I can send you that uses a script for everything, if you pm me your email address. I have only had one other person test it, so I have not released it publicly.
    I send you PM with mail address. RB
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Trying to restore my gmail account.......... Ha! All my contacts went out the window.

Using the generic email trick I can get it so that the only issue is the certificate.

The current IMAP certificate I have from Grabber's previous post (installed the other 2 as well) expired Oct 22, 2015 I'm assuming this is the problem.

Is there a new IMAP cert available? Shall I try something else?

Thx in advance
    Search openssl updater here on the forums to fix gmail for 'good' but be warned. It's is alpha!!!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    OK I did update the earlier Grabber files with the "Certificate Grabber."

So the certs are up to date. Using the generic email setup as shown in this thread I now have gmail up and running.

One error I made was that in some posts IMAP.gmail.com is capitalized. Once I entered imap and smpt in lower case it worked.

Now off to figure out how to get the sync back. i.e. my contacts........
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    I downloaded and tried to install Frantid's OAuth patch using WOSQI and got an error message that looks like I already have it installed, despite the Full Erase. Tried setting up the normal gmail connector but get a "bad request" error message on the set up page. I set it up as IMAP using the Google Support site for recommended settings (under "other" operating System) as follows:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - Requires SSL
    imap.gmail.com
    Port: 993
    Requires SSL:Yes
    Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - Requires TLS
    smtp.gmail.com
    Port: 465 or 587
    Requires SSL: Yes
    Requires authentication: Yes
    Use same settings as incoming mail server
    Full Name or Display Name: [your name]
    Account Name or User Name: your full Gmail address (username@gmail.com). Google Apps users, please enter username@your_domain.com
    Email address: your full Gmail address (username@gmail.com) Google Apps users, please enter username@your_domain.com
    Password: your Gmail password

I now have gmail but not contacts or calendar. I had already turned off calendar due to excessive syncing. Guess I will have to read more here to see if I can add either of these back.

BTW, Certificate Grabber worked this evening and I now have both the imap and smtp certs.

Thanks for your help Matt!
    I had to reset my husband's email and while this initially was a painful two days for me, with Grabber's app, and just manually resetting per the above, it took me only about 10 minutes to fix it.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Got the Cert Error last night. Ran Cert Grabber (and thanks again, you-whose-name-should-be-mentioned) but it didn't clear the icon. It was late so I let it go.

This morning the Cert Error icon was still there, but lately I have to run Cert Grabber twice for it to 'take' even though the new certificate is definitely there and trusted. No biggie. So I ran it again - but no go, and no email.

I was about to reboot when I suddenly wondered if the triangle would be there, so I opened the Gmail app. The triangle was there for half a second, then started spinning and disappeared and lo - the Cert Error icon vanished and the 'mail' icon appeared with 6 messages.

I seem to recall this happening once before: only opening the app after running Cert Grabber would clear the error. Now I'm curious about why.
    UPDATE: Google just updated the Gmail IMAP cert again with valid dates from 10/21/2015 to 1/18/2016.
    Their previous cert was in service for only 7 days. This seems to be the new way of life for the IMAP certs.
    Matt William's cert updater has once again. saved the day. Thanks Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Marshall7 View Post
    UPDATE: Google just updated the Gmail IMAP cert again with valid dates from 10/21/2015 to 1/18/2016.
    Their previous cert was in service for only 7 days. This seems to be the new way of life for the IMAP certs.
    Matt William's cert updater has once again. saved the day. Thanks Matt
    This occurred a lot those days, having to run the script several times a week - and sometimes even several times a day !
    So yes, a VERY BIG THANKS to you guys ! You save webOS and my days so often
    UPDATE: Google just updated the Gmail IMAP cert again with valid dates from 10/18/2015 to 1/25/3016.
    Their previous cert was in service for only 7 days. It seems like Google is now doing the updating every 7 days.
    Looks like the days of certificate longevity are a thing of the past.
    Jeff why are you still bothering with this and don't simply update your OpenSSL? Did that a few weeks ago on all the devices around here and no more worries. I was getting yellow trianlgles multiple times a week and sometimes even multiple times a day when moving from home wifi, cellular data, office wifi. No longer the case with the OpenSSL update :-)

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Herrie, where do I get this OpenSSL-Update? I'm facing the same problem.
    - still loving webOS -
    OpenSSL-Updater here on the forum. It's currently in the Preware alpha feed but seems stable enough. Many users have tried only one with a problem so far I think. Instructions on how to enable Alpha/Beta feeds are here.

Last edited by Herrie; 11/05/2015 at 02:38 AM.
    Jeff why are you still bothering with this and don't simply update your OpenSSL? Did that a few weeks ago on all the devices around here and no more worries. I was getting yellow trianlgles multiple times a week and sometimes even multiple times a day when moving from home wifi, cellular data, office wifi. No longer the case with the OpenSSL update :-)

I think I'll wait for a finalized version of open SLL. Actually, using the cert grabber version 0.5.5 from Grabber5.0
    works very well. It takes less than a minute to update my HP Touchpad. It takes care of the yellow triangle.

I agree with Herrie on this. The cert grabs were an interim thing, but updating to ssl 256 solves other problems as well. The browser no long constantly bothers you to accept certs, and things that stopped accepting v1 all together work again (tapnote will sync with dropbox again for example). It's worth the upgrade on anyone running a webos device today.