Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    OK...just a question here for Grabber 5.0...is the new 5.5 version now totally bug free? I've been reluctant to move up to the newer certgrabbers because the older 0.8.0 works fine without any kind of problem. I believe that 5.2 was working OK with no bugs, but not sure about 5.3 and now 5.5. I thought I did read that 5.3 had to be fixed. I'm sure you can understand that I don't want to run anything that might be buggy. I don't mean to imply that your certgrabbers are faulty. I do realize that writing any kind software is certainly not easy. Even the guys developing the commercial products are always adding fixes for unforeseen bugs. Please accept my thanks for your tremendous effort with all of this.
    Last edited by Jeff Marshall7; 10/10/2015 at 09:03 AM.
    Jeff, the revision bumps are for features with cert grabber. It's just a visual and automated way to do what the openssl command does. Totally safe.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    First I'll just say this: NO software is bug free.

The 0.5.5 version is solid - provided your cert manager is not broken. I have an alternate script for those users, just figuring out how I want to package it - could make it an option in a single app, or a separate app.

I want to move most of the output to a secondary area to clean up the main scene to just status messages. Like an expandable drawer, or an app menu item like Preware uses. If I expand it to additional certs that are changing to sha-256, the listing will get way too long to throw on the main scene. At that point I will promote it to a 1.0 version, so I can quickly get to 5.0.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    @Misj' - you have a PM
    Hi all,
    I had to change my password for google today and now I can't use the mail app on my Pre3.
    Am I SOL or is there something I can do?
    It had been working fine until the password change (ie, had the google sync patch installed and updated certs).

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Hi all,
    I had to change my password for google today and now I can't use the mail app on my Pre3.
    Am I SOL or is there something I can do?
    It had been working fine until the password change (ie, had the google sync patch installed and updated certs).

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Changing your password will require some work, as Google doesn't allow contact access via email and password any more (essentially making my patch obsolete). Don't remove the account. You'll need to remove my patch and install frantid's Google OAuth patch, but it has pretty strict requirements as it is a large patch. I've been able to get it to work on a device with CDAV installed, but it didn't have much else. I've updated the first post in my patch thread with a link to frantid's patch thread, and was planning to bump the thread but forgot.

Edit: after a brief chat with frantid, I'm not so certain the oauth patch will work - I'm unable to get email on new accounts to a Touchpad - it adds the account, but it can't get anything from the mail server at all.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 10/11/2015 at 07:47 PM.
    baldric likes this.
    UPDATE: OK, I went to Preware and downloaded Grabber's 5.5 version of certgrabber onto my HP Touchpad. It works perfectly without any problems. I must say, this is a great package. I did notice that it does not appear in Internalz Pro, apparently it is only available through Preware. So a big THANKYOU to Grabber5.0 for a great contribution in dealing with Google's insane updating madness which seems to getting crazier than ever.
    It worked!!! Thanks so much to both you and frantid!! Life savers and keeps me on webOS longer

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Changing your password will require some work, as Google doesn't allow contact access via email and password any more (essentially making my patch obsolete). Don't remove the account. You'll need to remove my patch and install frantid's Google OAuth patch, but it has pretty strict requirements as it is a large patch. I've been able to get it to work on a device with CDAV installed, but it didn't have much else. I've updated the first post in my patch thread with a link to frantid's patch thread, and was planning to bump the thread but forgot.

Edit: after a brief chat with frantid, I'm not so certain the oauth patch will work - I'm unable to get email on new accounts to a Touchpad - it adds the account, but it can't get anything from the mail server at all.
    Ok, latest release for those whose certificate manager is still working (all but two that I know about..) is ready for some (more) testing before I update the Preware feed. This version should correctly remove the old certs and add the new ones without any weird error messages. The bogus error message about the cert being identical to the old one, technically wasn't bogus - the add function was getting called twice because of the timing of the asynchronous deletes finishing. Really it should not have caused any issues, as it will work one time or the other.. but this one should handle it better. I've tested it on 2.1, 2.2.4, and 3.0.5 on my Go, so I don't expect to hear about any (new) issues.

Edit: link removed, get it from Preware.
    I'm really sorry I have to ask this, but since I installed ver.0.5.2 (and it worked) I didn't follow the thread.
    Now the cert grabber is failing in downloading the new certs, and I want to install the latest from Preware.
    I can't find it in Preware.
    What is it supposed to be called???
    Sorry again for asking such a trivial question...!

Martin

EDIT: My preware version is 1.9.14
    EDIT EDIT: Stupid is that stupid does!!!
    Note to self: Remember to turn ON wifi!!!
    Everything works now.
    SORRY!

:-D
    Last edited by martinjochimsen; 10/13/2015 at 04:20 PM.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Can you install Lumberjack and use it to capture the logs on the device that is giving you an error? To use it just open it up and find Certificate Grabber in the app list, then tap follow. Then open the Certificate Grabber app and wait for the error message. Go ahead and tap the Download button and it hopefully can download the certs at least. You may have the same problem as a couple others where the certificate manager isn't working. If that's the case, I have a script that has worked on Misj's device that might work for you as well.
    installed Lumberjack.this is what the output was:
    [2015-10-14 07:38:26] (Certificate Grabber) Info: Requested submission : 506
    [2015-10-14 07:38:26] (Certificate Grabber) Info: Current locale is en_us
    [2015-10-14 07:38:26] (Certificate Grabber) Warning: document had scroll top set, resetting.
    [2015-10-14 07:38:26] (Certificate Grabber) Info: About to activate scene main
    [2015-10-14 07:38:26] (Certificate Grabber) Info: Getting installed certificate list...
    [2015-10-14 07:38:27] (Certificate Grabber) Info: Transition ended.
    the Certificate Grabber message was:
    unable to get installed certificate list.
    I couldn't tap the download button. So I assume that the certificate manager doesn't work. Where can I get the script that worked on Misj's device?
    thank you so much for your consideration and your efforts to keep supporting webOS
    I'm still in the learning curve...what is Lumberjack and how would I use it?
    lumberjack is a tool to view error or status messages generated by running apps and services. You can install it from preware
    New certificate again this afternoon. The new one is dated january 4th. Did the old one last a week? Thank you a thousand times, grabber. I would have thrown the phone against the wall by now without it.
    Last edited by petbull; 10/14/2015 at 07:44 PM.
    UPDATE: Yes Google has released yet another new IMAP certificate with valid dates from 10/07/15 to 01/04/16. Their previous certificate lasted for only 8 days! They really must be nervous about hackers trying to decrypt their certificates. If they change and update the cert. frequently enough, it won't give any hacker enough time to decrypt it, or produce a bogus copy.
    Even though Google is going crazy with the cert. updates, Grabber5.0 has come to the rescue for WebOS I just used his latest ver: 0.5..5 and it works perfectly. Grabber, you are the man. THANYOU again, for your work and talent in resolving this crazy situation.
    There may be a legitimate reason for the recent Google IMAP updates. A check on the Internet reveals how an attack was made last week by supposedly a Russian hacker who hacked 5 million Gmail accounts. Google says the 5 million figure is greatly exaggerated with only 2% of that being a possibility. They are suggesting everyone should change their Google account password ASAP.
    Hmm after applying cert grabber today, an email I sent last Saturday was finally received today, ironically, to a bunch of people in a Google group. I thought that I just forgot to click send.

So does this mean that Google can expire imap cert and smtp cert independently and at any time smtp might not work even though imap does? The problem with this is that you won't see an exclamation point.

Is there any other way to trigger you to run cert grabber to update smtp?
    Quote Originally Posted by synchron View Post
    Hmm after applying cert grabber today, an email I sent last Saturday was finally received today, ironically, to a bunch of people in a Google group. I thought that I just forgot to click send.

So does this mean that Google can expire imap cert and smtp cert independently and at any time smtp might not work even though imap does? The problem with this is that you won't see an exclamation point.

Is there any other way to trigger you to run cert grabber to update smtp?
    My guess is that there may be some delays with both sent and received messages in view of the recent attack on Gmail by a hacker. I personally have not experienced any delays. The IMAP and SMTP certificates are independent of each other, and Google may choose to upgrade either or both of these at any time. I suspect that Google will be doing a lot more updating more frequently in the near future. However, certgrabber ver: 0.5.5 can upgrade both IMAP and SMTP when needed. For all of us using WebOS, this is the way to go.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I know this is probably a dead end, but with Google updating so often, is there a way to automate certgrabber on a reboot or daily timer? I know most leave webOS running, but I and I'm sure some others switch between webOS and Android (and LuneOS) often enough that an autorun would be useful to make sure the certs are updated.

I know it is just a couple of swipes and 'clicks' but it is the remembering that I have trouble with - it's an age thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    I know this is probably a dead end, but with Google updating so often, is there a way to automate certgrabber on a reboot or daily timer? I know most leave webOS running, but I and I'm sure some others switch between webOS and Android (and LuneOS) often enough that an autorun would be useful to make sure the certs are updated.

I know it is just a couple of swipes and 'clicks' but it is the remembering that I have trouble with - it's an age thing!
    The yellow triangle seems an adequate reminder for me. But is there a task scheduler app in Preware?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!