Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    What the heck? So everyone is working except me? How is this possible?

Does anyone else still have triangles and no mail??

I'm having the same problem on the Tpad, but the error is more detailed, error code 9820 non specific SSL protocol error SRC/network/socketconnection.CPP:184
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 07/09/2015 at 01:00 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    What the heck? So everyone is working except me? How is this possible?

Does anyone else still have triangles and no mail??

I'm having the same problem on the Tpad, but the error is more detailed, error code 9820 non specific SSL protocol error SRC/network/socketconnection.CPP:184
    I still can't receive Gmail on any of my 3 webos devices. I eventually tried set up gmail again on each device but now I just get a bad request message and I can't login.
    Still showed on my gf veer yesterday evening. Changing to wifi did not solve the issue. But after a reboot, using wifi from scratch it did work.

Before I stated I had not seen it a long time on my own pre3, but i did a few days ago.
    Was at a shopping mall and when outside on 3G got the triangle.
    Pretty sure that during the visit to the mall, the phone had connected to one of the open wifis there.

I do not see the logic though.

My gf always has wifi off, even at home, she gets the error often.

I wonder if it might be when one switches cells, ip might change, google sees this, but some phone and google do not talk this change through correctly?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sineansceal View Post
    I still can't receive Gmail on any of my 3 webos devices. I eventually tried set up gmail again on each device but now I just get a bad request message and I can't login.
    1. Who is your wifi provider?

2. Have you taken the devices to a store with free wifi (Whole Foods, Starbucks, Home Depot, etc) to see if they will work with Gmail there? My touchpad did - everywhere but home, on Verizon Fios. And then, a few days ago, it began to work again without my changing anything.

But by trying other wifi networks successfully, at least I was able to prove there was nothing wrong with the pad itself, or the Gmail settings.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Just five days later - and here I am again. Gmail app on Touchpad working fine since 7/7. Checked it at midnight last night and there was mail. Checked it at 9 this morning and uh-oh -- yellow triangle and 'requested encryption not supported by server'.

Absolutely nothing changed between midnight and nine this morning. The pad wasn't even on and wasn't moved. This cannot be a certificate or any setting problem whatsoever. This is *clearly* a Google/Gmail software issue. Wish they'd fix it already.
    Around this time last year, there were problems linking Gmail to the touchpad, and the various Webos geniusses posted some great updates that I applied and all was well. Although it was a bit of a drag as I was on holiday abroad and needed to keep up with messages..

Anyways, the summary is:

The touchpad lost connect with the messages but kept updating the New Mail count. I deleted the account settings on the pad to re-create them, but now I get 'bad request'

The palm pre3 still works fine, which is just as well.

hopefully someone will sometime soon post a patch or details of a fix before this years holiday.
    I just doctored my mother's veer to 2.2.4 and now I can not set her gmail account... bad request. why does google always finds a way to bother us??
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by awriter View Post
    1. Who is your wifi provider?BT Ireland

2. Have you taken the devices to a store with free wifi (Whole Foods, Starbucks, Home Depot, etc) to see if they will work with Gmail there? My touchpad did - everywhere but home, on Verizon Fios. And then, a few days ago, it began to work again without my changing anything.
    I tried it once at a local hotel and and it made no difference. So I'll keep trying the next time I'm out and about.

But by trying other wifi networks successfully, at least I was able to prove there was nothing wrong with the pad itself, or the Gmail settings.
    Good to hear this solution worked for you as it really is frustrating.

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sineansceal View Post
    Good to hear this solution worked for you as it really is frustrating.
    LOL - since I don't live at Starbucks or in Whole Foods it wasn't really a solution, it was just to prove that the problem was certificates or settings or anything at all on my end. Sometimes you need to find that out just to stay sane, when people trying to help are saying 'change this' or 'change that' or 'check this setting' and nothing works. Nothing works because it's not *us* -- it's Google/Gmail code that needs fixing.
    yay, I'm in the club. As of last night I have the encryption-not-supported triangle on my Touchpad.
    Last edited by Misj'; 07/15/2015 at 12:19 PM.
    Pre3 doing it again as soon as I landed in charlotte. Worked great for a week. I'm wondering if it is some security glitch @ google?

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Given the on/off again nature of the problem and the fact that it occurs/doesn't occur in different locales/networks -- I now believe this is a server software issue. The Gmail app works (or not) depending on what actual Google server we "reach" at any given time.

Perhaps "new" servers just being brought online don't have WebOS support written into their code, but the older servers do. When we reach one of those, all is well. Otherwise...

This should be a fairly easy fix on Google's end -- they already have/know the right code -- but despite many here also writing on the Gmail support thread, I doubt the problem has reached the tech team.
    That's more or less my theory. They have data centers around the globe, and switching between mobile and WiFi is possible to get routed to a different server.
    It actually gets worse. I haven't been able to connect all day, so I tried the browser to log in to gmail. Now that doesn't work. It says they no longer support my version of safari!

They just want us to quit using these phones. I'm going to have to switch soon...

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I can see and triage my email in the browser (open, delete, etc.) But cannot scroll in an open email to read all of it. I, too, see the safari message but just dismiss it. Until you wrote, I thought it was just me.

Yep, looks like WebOS is coming to the end of of it's useful life. Makes me sad to say it since I think it's one of the best OS's ever.

Don't know how to convert it to Android, so might be goodbye soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    It actually gets worse. I haven't been able to connect all day, so I tried the browser to log in to gmail. Now that doesn't work. It says they no longer support my version of safari!
    On my Touchpad I open gmail in the basic HTML view when I use the browser. You might loose a few features, but at least it works on older devices (and is a lot faster; even on desktop). I assume it works on the phones as well.
    It doesn't seem to help on my pre3. I can't even get through on WiFi right now. In addition to the safari notice, there is a yellow box on the left that says "something is wrong. Google can't connect but we'll keep trying." and it keeps recycling the page. I can't load individual messages though I can see the list of messages before it reloads.

I need to get a new phone. Pretty hard to explain to my boss that I couldn't read my emails because I'm hanging on to a 4 year old phone because I just want to! The browser issues combined with email are the final nails in my webOS coffin. I knew it was coming, but didn't see google as the villain that would kill it! That and the fact that I need a back. Having no buttons and a duct tape back is kind of retro and I like it, but I need a little functionality, too!

Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    It doesn't seem to help on my pre3. I can't even get through on WiFi right now. In addition to the safari notice, there is a yellow box on the left that says "something is wrong. Google can't connect but we'll keep trying." and it keeps recycling the page. I can't load individual messages though I can see the list of messages before it reloads.

I need to get a new phone. Pretty hard to explain to my boss that I couldn't read my emails because I'm hanging on to a 4 year old phone because I just want to! The browser issues combined with email are the final nails in my webOS coffin. I knew it was coming, but didn't see google as the villain that would kill it! That and the fact that I need a back. Having no buttons and a duct tape back is kind of retro and I like it, but I need a little functionality, too!

While you deciding on a new phone you have the option sign up with another service and forward your messages. Gmx, aol, etc. That way you won't get in trouble for not seeing your emails

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
    I just doctored my mother's veer to 2.2.4 and now I can not set her gmail account... bad request. why does google always finds a way to bother us??
    I'm also on 2.2.4 with a FrankenPre2 and I rarely bother with gmail, but I checked today and realized I hadn't received any messages since 6/28 for one of my gmail accounts.

I went to Accounts and found the yellow triangle for this gmail account.

I tried re-entering my password and got back the "Bad request" yellow triangle.

Then just for kicks I went back to that gmail inbox and forced a sync and whaddya know - It pulled down all my missing messages anyway!
    ...as long as it works!
    As soon as I landed in Providence, all my messages from the day came through so at least it works in the northeast, but north Carolina is a bust!

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast