Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I also noticed that I only have the IMAP cert after updating. Previous to updating, I deleted both the old IMAP and SMTP certs because I thought I had read that both were replaced. I tested it out and sending and receiving work...
    Just hit + after trusting the IMAP cert, and trust the SMTP cert.
    petbull likes this.
    OK. here is an update. I deleted all my Gmail certificates and ran the Grabber. All seemed fine, but I got a triangle when trying to send a test email. I manually downloaded and installed the three certs in the SMTP chain and that worked, but then I got the triangle on Yahoo..??? I don't think I deleted any Yahoo ones (I'd expect to see them, having made a manual fix whenever it went down), but didn't see them listed. I already had the OLD ones in the sslcerts folder, so I trusted those again and it all seems to be working - I got a small inbox backlog appearing.

I now see the imap.mail.yahoo.com cert (only) in the manager.

EDIT: Oh, I see from the post above that the Cert Grabber must download IMAP AND SMTP, then open the Imap cert/cert manager. Trusting SMTP then has to be done manually - so I didn't need to manually download the SMTP certs, but the final result is the same.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/01/2015 at 11:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by awriter View Post
    Matt,

Last night I got the Certificate Error. Before clicking on my already installed (and previously working fine) Cert Grabber, I opened Preware to see if there was an Update. There was. Clicked it, installed it, then launched it. It downloaded the new cert (Dec 22 exp.), and I trusted it.

I remember reading here that the new version would remove old certs, so I checked. No, they were all still there (because I've never deleted them before, and the new cert always worked fine) -- so I deleted them myself.

Rebooted. The Cert Error icon disappeared and I assumed all was well. This morning, no new mail icon. I opened the Gmail App, and there was the Yellow Triangle.

I relaunched Cert Grabber and once again it downloaded the new IMAP cert, which I trusted. Rebooted just to make sure - but - no go. Yellow triangle still there.

What have I done wrong - and what can I do to fix it?

[As an aside, I think my Tech is ganging up on me. Yesterday we had a rain storm that knocked out electricity for 10 seconds, then turned it on, then off again for 10 seconds, then finally on - TP wasn't plugged in or on - and this morning, my HTPC attached to my TV wouldn't boot. Says the SSDI boot drive is toast. ARGGG!]
    As long as the cert manager is working, it will attempt to delete any cert whose name matches the list coded in the app (imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com). I had a similar issue updating the other day and ended up just removing the old certs and manually trusting the new ones downloaded by the app. I think I've identified why it was not working, but it is kind of a weird error and I think it was not something I could detect and handle. I also think there might have been two updates the other day, and it repeated itself the next morning. Hopefully the latest updates will prevent this from happening, but I think it needs a few more tweaks.

Maybe it would have been easier to just do it all in the script.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I know SMTP is not required at this point in time it seems, but would be good to have it in place in case it does get a hard requirement.
    Some devices have required both for some reason. One or two of mine included.
    Time to update your IMAP and smtp certificates.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Matt,

Sorry to be dense, but what am I supposed to do now to fix my problem? I did NOT delete the old SMTP cert, nor has Cert Grabber ever given me a new SMTP cert to trust.

After updating Cert Grabber last night from Preware, launching it, downloading the new IMAP cert (12/22) and trusting it -- and then manually deleting the OLD IMAP certs -- I have the yellow triangle. When I launched Cert Grabber again this morning, it grabbed the same 12/22 as last night and gave it to me to trust. I did. Still have the yellow triangle.

What do I do now, specifically, to fix this?

Thank you for all your help!
    Yes, that is normal for the 0.5.2 version and prior. The newest version installs them both after downloading. The older versions can only launch the cert manager with one certificate (I chose IMAP, since it is the frequently changed one), because it only accepts a single filename, and the app has no way of knowing when you have accepted the first one, in order to then launch it so you can trust the second one. It is easy enough to hit the + button after trusting the IMAP cert and then locate the SMTP cert.
    OK I guess I need to update to latest :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I used graberr5.0's old certgrabber version 0.8.0. But before I used it, I manually deleted the old certs FIRST. For me, this has always worked. I can't speak for the 5.2 version because I have not used it yet. I'm running an HP 32 Gb Touchpad with webos 3.0.5 installed. I think manually deleting the old certs FIRST in the Certificate Manager, might be a good idea regardless of what certgrabber version is used.
    Quote Originally Posted by awriter View Post
    Matt,
    ...., nor has Cert Grabber ever given me a new SMTP cert to trust.
    ...!
    have to confirm that cert grabber didn't fetch an SMTP cert. so i tried grabcerts.sh in wterm and voila in cert manager i had the latest IMAP and SMTP certs.
    see gizmo21's script and underneath TJs11thPre's manual to install certs that way =]
    Ok, latest release for those whose certificate manager is still working (all but two that I know about..) is ready for some (more) testing before I update the Preware feed. This version should correctly remove the old certs and add the new ones without any weird error messages. The bogus error message about the cert being identical to the old one, technically wasn't bogus - the add function was getting called twice because of the timing of the asynchronous deletes finishing. Really it should not have caused any issues, as it will work one time or the other.. but this one should handle it better. I've tested it on 2.1, 2.2.4, and 3.0.5 on my Go, so I don't expect to hear about any (new) issues.

Edit: link removed, get it from Preware.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 10/02/2015 at 11:05 PM.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    I downloaded Grabber's 0.5.5 (in post no 750) and then trusted them in the certificate manager. But I am still getting the yellow triangle
    .55 does now do for me:

Shows me what is installed

When I click download, it will download the certs

Removes the old certs

It adds both smtp and imap certs for google

«Evil Grin»
    Feature requests, since it is able to show us the currently installed ones, request to check for update of other certs as well
    «/Evil Grin»

Great work so far!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    TJs11thPre and Grabber5.0 like this.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
    I downloaded Grabber's 0.5.5 (in post no 750) and then trusted them in the certificate manager. But I am still getting the yellow triangle
    When I turned on my Touchpad last night - and without doing anything to it - the yellow triangle disappeared on its own, and the new mail icon appeared.
    TJs11thPre and Grabber5.0 like this.
    Just let me know when it's in Preware so i don't have to boot the PC
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Just let me know when it's in Preware so i don't have to boot the PC
    It's pretty easy to install from Preware using the link. Just quote my post in Forums so you can copy the URL (no need to actually post anything.. I need to update link handling to open Preware for ipk links...) and then open Preware and tap the app menu, install package, and paste it in the URL box and tap install.

I'll update the feed today and send a tweet to PivotCE to get it approved.
    Updated and tweeted.. Now we wait.
    petbull and TJs11thPre like this.
    above and beyond the fix for the cert issue, I can't tell you how excited I am to see an update, any update, in Preware! Thank you!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    I was getting the yellow triangle. I therefore downloaded the ipk as in post 750. Still no success.- still yellow triangle even after rebooting.

I then uninstalled google and then installed google.

I then reinstalled from Preware.... Still yellow triangle.

Please help!!

K

EDit - Did some house keeping and then downloaded again from Preware and it is working.!!!
    Thanks a lot - again.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    above and beyond the fix for the cert issue, I can't tell you how excited I am to see an update, any update, in Preware! Thank you!
    You said it. Thanks to Grabber and others, Pre3, Touchpad etc are still alive and kicking
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It's pretty easy to install from Preware using the link. Just quote my post in Forums so you can copy the URL (no need to actually post anything.. I need to update link handling to open Preware for ipk links...) and then open Preware and tap the app menu, install package, and paste it in the URL box and tap install.

I'll update the feed today and send a tweet to PivotCE to get it approved.
    Quoting the post will allow me to copy a correct address on device. Very clever secret tip i must try!

Meanwhile: confirming v.5.5 is available in Preware. Very cool to watch it run successfully.

Nice work, Matt. Thanks again!
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 10/03/2015 at 01:41 AM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!