Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by josephandrews222 View Post
    I believe I've downloaded 0.5.2 now...and when I attempt to use it I get...

===

Failure, see below.

Fail Data:{returnValue":false,"errorCode":-1,"errorText":"Service does not exist:com.grabber.basiccertgrabber.service."}

=====

Perhaps my problem is I'm the IT guy in my house (and not a very good one at that)...and tonight I'm upgrading a number of devices to iOS 9 while fiddling with my two webOS devices!
    Looks like it did not install correctly. Remove and reinstall it and let me know how it goes. Oh - this is on the Pre2 right? This app will not work on 1.x, as it's a javascript service, and the certs don't work on 1.x anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Looks like it did not install correctly. Remove and reinstall it and let me know how it goes. Oh - this is on the Pre2 right? This app will not work on 1.x, as it's a javascript service, and the certs don't work on 1.x anyway.
    This is on my Touchpad.

I have yet to try 0.5.2 on my Pre2...will do so now.

Thanks.

=====

...just uninstalled and reinstalled 0.5.2--same result (error message).
    can you email me the contents of /media/internal/basiccertgrabber.log? It has the log from the postinstall script, if it ran..
    can you email me the contents of /media/internal/basiccertgrabber.log? It has the log from the postinstall script, if it ran..
    0.5.2 restores full gmail functionality to my Pre.

I will try to get the info you requested from my Touchpad now...
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Good afternoon!
    My phone HP Veer, v2.1.2

Certificates are downloaded via Certificate Grabber, normally installed, but when I try to connect to the google - bad request.
    And I have a question - is there anyone who has successfully established a grabber and certificates from normal use google on the phone HP Veer?
    I just realised that my Palm Pre3 doesn't have Preware installed on it!

Will have to sort that out...

Apart from that, the TP has the Cert Grabber installed and it worked perfectly.

Definitely the way to go, it doesn't need to be any more automated than "Oh look, a yellow triangle is here, lets run the cert grabber"

Cheers!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    For the totally baffled forum members like me - does anyone have the content of the latest certificate please ? I can cope with creating a new cert and downloading it to the touchpad - beyond that I'm lost.
    Jeff - why did you use an old version? Was it because the PivotCE feed hasn't updated in Preware yet?
    It's the only version I currently have. It is...com.grabber.gmailcertupdate_0.8.0_all.ipk, and is now in my Touchpad.
    I think I got it through WOSQI. My Preware is an old version 1.9.10
    I have to update the Preware to get the new version. Anyway, your old certgabber that I used still works!
    So, thanks again for your WebOS software additions...you're keeping the old engine running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Marshall7 View Post
    It's the only version I currently have. It is...com.grabber.gmailcertupdate_0.8.0_all.ipk, and is now in my Touchpad.
    I think I got it through WOSQI. My Preware is an old version 1.9.10
    I have to update the Preware to get the new version. Anyway, your old certgabber that I used still works!
    So, thanks again for your WebOS software additions...you're keeping the old engine running.
    Oh, I see.. you are still using the original self-removing package.. The package that stays installed and has a button to push to download the latest certs is located in this post: google error: requested encryption not supported by server
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/17/2015 at 06:36 PM.
    Jeff Marshall7 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lal99 View Post
    For the totally baffled forum members like me - does anyone have the content of the latest certificate please ? I can cope with creating a new cert and downloading it to the touchpad - beyond that I'm lost.
    If you mean that you are relying on postings here, can I suggest you install Preware? Then you can install the app and get a new certificate by pressing a button. You will also be able to access lots of other useful improvements! It's what all the cool kids are doing (Hey everybody, mobile phone nerds are cool, right...?).

Intructions here.
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE

Open preware (you'll need to press the magnifying glass on the TouchPad), type 'Cert' & press 'Enter'.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Oh, I see.. you are still using the original self-removing package.. The package that stays installed and has a button to push to download the latest certs is located in this post: google error: requested encryption not supported by server
    Thanks, I will try get it running sometime tomorrow. Can I leave the original certgabber on my Touchpad...maybe it will interfere with your latest one the 5.2 version. Should I delete the latest IMAP cert first?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lal99 View Post
    You don't really need to read/see the actual content of the certificate. It's actually just a long string of alpha-numeric characters that is not readable by humans. If you can download and install the latest cert onto you Touchpad, then you should be good to go.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Marshall7 View Post
    Thanks, I will try get it running sometime tomorrow. Can I leave the original certgabber on my Touchpad...maybe it will interfere with your latest one the 5.2 version. Should I delete the latest IMAP cert first?
    Yes you can leave the old app there if you want to. Good apps don't interfere with each other. The new app is (currently) just a push-button version that you don't have to reinstall. Just open, push the button, and it pops open the cert manager so you can trust it and remove the old one. I do always recommend removing the old cert first, as sometimes it won't work right if you add the new one first. The next version will take care of all that for you.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Yes you can leave the old app there if you want to. Good apps don't interfere with each other. The new app is (currently) just a push-button version that you don't have to reinstall. Just open, push the button, and it pops open the cert manager so you can trust it and remove the old one. I do always recommend removing the old cert first, as sometimes it won't work right if you add the new one first. The next version will take care of all that for you.
    Thanks man. I'm keeping my Pre2 as a backup and not only did it fix gmail, but Google maps now has search again after using your app.

Sent from my XT1060 Moto X DE
    Preemptive likes this.
    Hello,

I try Grabber certificate on my Pre 3, but no result. I see googleimap.pem, googlesmtp.pem, I click on it, but nothing happened.

Can you help me?

Thanks a very
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Bucek View Post
    I try Grabber certificate on my Pre 3, but no result. I see googleimap.pem, googlesmtp.pem, I click on it, but nothing happened.
    Are you using the app? It's available in Preware.
    1. When you see the error, open the 'Device info' app.
    2. Swipe down from the app menu and select, 'Certificate Manager'.
    3. Find the imap.gmail.com and tap on it to view the certificate.
    4. Scroll down & tap 'Remove' or 'Delete'.
    5. Open the Certificate Grabber app & press the button.
    6. The app will open the Certificate Manager and allow you to approve the new certificate.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Are you using the app? It's available in Preware.
    1. When you see the error, open the 'Device info' app.
    2. Swipe down from the app menu and select, 'Certificate Manager'.
    3. Find the imap.gmail.com and tap on it to view the certificate.
    4. Scroll down & tap 'Remove' or 'Delete'.
    5. Open the Certificate Grabber app & press the button.
    6. The app will open the Certificate Manager and allow you to approve the new certificate.
    Yes, I use Certificate Grabber.

1) first screen is blank (on top is "Security certificates"
    2) after click on +gear I see second screen: 2 certificates (googleimap.pem, googlesmtp.pem
    3) I tap on it, then displays first screen (still blank)

2) after click on +gear I see second screen: 2 certificates (googleimap.pem, googlesmtp.pem
    Hmm, it sounds like your cert manager isn't working. Can you send a few screen shots to me? One of the grabber app after you hit download, and the other of the certificate manager? Also you might be able to use Lumberjack to get logs for the certificate manager, with a custom filter on "certificate"
    Hmm, it sounds like your cert manager isn't working. Can you send a few screen shots to me? One of the grabber app after you hit download, and the other of the certificate manager? Also you might be able to use Lumberjack to get logs for the certificate manager, with a custom filter on "certificate"
    Here it is.

Lumberjack - nothing in log for Custom: certificat, nothing for Grabber certificate...
    Attached Images Attached Images

That sounds exactly like the symptoms I have. Well, I also get a too many cards error some time (can be an hour or something) after the certificate manager has openend.

For now you will have to trust the certificates manually through a console (wTerm with root rights works as well). I saw you already read the tutorial here: certificate manager broken, but ran into some problems. If you get a 'file exists' message that means an older version of the certificate already exists. Rather than using .0 as the extension use .1 (or .2 if .1 already exists, etc.). I do at times clean up my certificates manually (because I don't think an eventual *.28 file will is ideal); but I tend to keep the original *.0 versions (and sometimes the *.1 as well), because I found that often works best for some reason.
    Last edited by Misj'; 09/18/2015 at 06:11 PM.