Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 923
Like Tree236Likes
  1. #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    There's definitely too much off-topic chatter in this thread, even about SSL and certificates. We've got a working solution, so let's focus on that.
    I can see what you're saying from your point of view as a developer, which is focused on providing a workable solution to the problem at hand. But the title of this forum is: Google error: Requested encryption not supported by server".
    That title opens up the proverbial Pandora's box. And as such, many adjacent and parallel topics will pop up in this forum. Which also, is a good thing. It ultimately puts all the cards on the table face up. Ultimately leading to a brain storming session with all kinds of ideas...some good, and some not so good. Many here (myself included) do not have the talent to produce the script files or whatever is needed to "fix" the immediate problem, but I think that the forum concept is a terrific idea. Granted, some of the posts may well be far off the goal to remedy the google cert update fiasco. But group feedback is good. And so as a developer and programmer, some of these posts may
    seem to be a waste of time, but I think most intentions and input here is good and positive. My remarks put forward here are not meant to be judge mental in anyway, and I have always suggested full support for your considerable input and effort. WebOS lives on...but only because you have provided the means for it to do so. And so, thank you again for your valuable input.
  2. #582  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I made a copy of the working source folder and did a search/replace on the package id, which is basically the same thing I did the first time, except this time it worked as expected. I uploaded the ipk to my website and added it to the pivotCE feed, since the main precentral feed isn't getting updated right now for some reason. It's been tested on devices from 2.1 to 3.0.5. Here's a direct link until the feed gets refreshed: http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS..._0.5.1_all.ipk
    ...
    I have downloaded and installed the ipk on my TP with WebOS 3.0.5
    The installation went well with no errors. I restarted Luna and opened my email program.
    I still have the yellow triangel.

    I also tried...
    Delete the old certificates, installe the certgrabber, restart Luna but still the yellow triangel.

    Did I miss something?

    Martin :-)
  3. #583  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinjochimsen View Post
    I have downloaded and installed the ipk on my TP with WebOS 3.0.5
    The installation went well with no errors. I restarted Luna and opened my email program.
    I still have the yellow triangel.

    I also tried...
    Delete the old certificates, installe the certgrabber, restart Luna but still the yellow triangel.

    Did I miss something?

    Martin :-)
    You didn't mention opening the app and tapping the download button. If so, what text was shown below the button afterward? No Luna restart is required.
  4. #584  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You didn't mention opening the app and tapping the download button. If so, what text was shown below the button afterward? No Luna restart is required.
    DUH!!!
    I'm so sorry.
    All the talk about certificates made me forget, that it was an actual app, that I installed. :-)
    I opened the grabber-app, downloaded, restarted and got all my mail.
    Thank you so much for your patience and work for keeping WebOS alive!

    Martin :-)

    EDIT
    ...and now I even can't read properly.
    Didn't see the "no need for Luna restart"
    But hey....it WORKED!!! :-D
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  5. #585  
    I can confirm seeing the app on Preware on my Tpad, if I look under List of Everything it is first, being most recent.

    I'll wait until I see another triangle, then install/run and report any issues.

    thanks again!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  6. #586  
    I did some investigating on my Go tonight, comparing a version of the app that doesn't work with one that does. So far I haven't found any differences between them, but I think I have determined by editing the javascript service on the device, that when the script fails to run, it's because the service is not running as root. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out what causes this to happen on some devices. I believe I can rule out unmet dependencies, because I have one version of the app on my Go that works and one that doesn't.
  7. #587  
    I don't know if you could call this an alternate method, but:

    One particular day, the pad got a yellow triangle.

    Rather than crank up the home laptop, I copied the cert text using the copy text facility on the Touchpad browser, opened a file using InternalzPro, saved it with the proper filename and then 'opened' it, and that seemed to work as well.
  8. #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I can confirm seeing the app on Preware on my Tpad
    I can see it today as well ... when I said yesterday that ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Zyphal View Post
    I couldn't find it through the Preware app with the pivotCE feed enabled
    ... it was probably just because I was too quick on the draw ... I was very anxious to see this work.

    I tested it again this morning, and it still works great. I seem to be one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to bother deleting the old cert, it just works (I've tried it both ways)

    I'm a little confused about one thing though ... after running the app., there are two new .pem files in the sslcerts folder as expected, one for imap and one for smtp, and they have replaced the old ones. Previously, I had to open both of those .pem files and trust each one separately. The new Grabber app. only opens the cert manager once, and asks you to trust the imap one ... I still have to go do the smtp one separately. If this is by design, I'm definitely not complaining, just trying to understand everything. This app. makes life soooo much easier, and I greatly appreciate your effort.

    Thank you again Grabber.
  9. #589  
    That is valid, though perhaps a bit cumbersome. Now that the cert grabber app is in Preware, thereis no need, unless your Touchpad is one of the ones that is experiencing the error right now.

    Just curious, have you changed the Internalz line-ending setting to Linux, or is it still set to the default of Windows? (that seems like an odd default to me) That caused issues when the script was the only semi-automated option.
  10. #590  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That is valid, though perhaps a bit cumbersome. Now that the cert grabber app is in Preware, thereis no need, unless your Touchpad is one of the ones that is experiencing the error right now.

    Just curious, have you changed the Internalz line-ending setting to Linux, or is it still set to the default of Windows? (that seems like an odd default to me) That caused issues when the script was the only semi-automated option.
    Is that error similar to the 127 error I get (see post #580)? After further investigating, I notice that Internalz pro shows the path : /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.grabber.basiccertgrabber
    but Gemini File manager does not. It only shows up to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm. Note that the webos Gemini File Manager does not show a lot of system stuff.

    I am able to run the grabcerts.sh via xterm but fail to see it work from your new Cert Grabber app after touching Download button. Very puzzling....
  11. #591  
    Yes, it's the same error. I believe the problem is that the root access does not work on some Touchpads for some reason, and jailed services don't have access to the entire filesystem. I could copy the script to another location during install, and hope it doesn't get removed, but I think I need root to do some things in the future.
  12. #592  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yes, it's the same error. I believe the problem is that the root access does not work on some Touchpads for some reason, and jailed services don't have access to the entire filesystem. I could copy the script to another location during install, and hope it doesn't get removed, but I think I need root to do some things in the future.
    Maybe it has to do with if a device is in Developer Mode or not?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  13. #593  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Maybe it has to do with if a device is in Developer Mode or not?
    I know that's not the case with my Touchpad or Alan's. We both used WOSQI to install, which requires dev mode to be on (and I never turn it off). I am curious to see what effect if any that would have on operation - I suspect none.

    Also, I have one package that works on my Go and one that doesn't - and there are no differences I can see aside from package id - which was basically a search and replace both times.
  14. #594  
    @gGrabber - I had not seen this article so I had uninstalled Google so that I would install it again and the problem would resolve.

    However it would not install again and gave the error "Bad Request"

    I then checked on thios web-site and saw this article and I ran the instructions as detailed in 409.

    However I still get the error "Bad Request"

    Can you throw some light .....??

    K

    Edit : The certificates are now installed
  15. #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by synchron View Post
    I couldn't find your new app on preware but after downloading the ipk, unfortunately doesn't work on my touchpad. It says file not found even though it's in the right path. Also, for some strange reason, only new unread emails appears in my inbox. All read email and sent email are not showing up in the mail client anymore. Does this have something to do with the certs or is this yet another problem with the email client? Was working fine last week.
    I have exactly the same problem and I downloaded ipk from preware. Executing grabcert.sh manually never worked for me either.
  16. #596  
    It seems there have been additional changes that are causing new google account adds to fail. I was looking at my various devices, and figured out that frantid's google OAuth patch will enable adding of new google accounts to 2.x and 3.x devices. It's a two-step process, involving authenticating with id and password, and then using the OAuth signin page. Note that you need to remove my gsync patch as it is incorporated into frantid's OAuth patch. There is currently some kind of error when adding the account - it works, but it will hang after tapping the green 'create account' button. If you let it sit there for a minute or so, then toss the card away, you can go back in and retrieve the OAuth token and enable contacts and calendar sync on the account. Read this post carefully, then download the appropriate patch for your device using the links at the bottom of the first post: Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch
  17. #597  
    I have a new package uploaded that I will be updating in the pivotCE feed. It should resolve the root access problems on the Touchpads. I also noted in the app description that you need to have the Homebrew JavaScript Service Framework package installed. If you already have Internalz Pro (the Preware version, not the Palm App Catalog version) you already have the framework package also. By now I would think that everyone still using a webOS device already has Internalz Pro installed.

    Here's the link if you don't want to wait for the update to be approved: http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS..._0.5.2_all.ipk

    Upgrading the previously installed version should work fine, but if it doesn't remove it and reinstall this version. It has a fair amount of debugging code still enabled until I decide the root error problems are behind me.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/12/2015 at 11:37 PM.
    synchron and petbull like this.
  18. #598  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I have a new package uploaded that I will be updating in the pivotCE feed. It should resolve the root access problems on the Touchpads.
    Did a quick test. Certificates are saved correctly on my Touchpad.

    Quick question: both the imap and the smtp contain three certificates, but you only store one (the other certs are identical between imap and smtp). I know certificate 2 and 3 are not needed when updating the SSL-certs, but what about the first time you encounter the yellow triangle? - Did we just add them for no reason (because they existed), or were they needed to get things working (I never tested that). In the latter case, shouldn't new users be able to save them as well?
  19. #599  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    Did a quick test. Certificates are saved correctly on my Touchpad.

    Quick question: both the imap and the smtp contain three certificates, but you only store one (the other certs are identical between imap and smtp). I know certificate 2 and 3 are not needed when updating the SSL-certs, but what about the first time you encounter the yellow triangle? - Did we just add them for no reason (because they existed), or were they needed to get things working (I never tested that). In the latter case, shouldn't new users be able to save them as well?
    Only the leaf certificates (imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com) are needed, because they are the only ones that the email client isn't recognizing as valid. The intermediate and root certificates are not needed, and in fact have identical signatures as the pre-installed root and intermediate certificates.
  20. #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It seems there have been additional changes that are causing new google account adds to fail. I was looking at my various devices, and figured out that frantid's google OAuth patch will enable adding of new google accounts to 2.x and 3.x devices. It's a two-step process, involving authenticating with id and password, and then using the OAuth signin page. Note that you need to remove my gsync patch as it is incorporated into frantid's OAuth patch. There is currently some kind of error when adding the account - it works, but it will hang after tapping the green 'create account' button. If you let it sit there for a minute or so, then toss the card away, you can go back in and retrieve the OAuth token and enable contacts and calendar sync on the account. Read this post carefully, then download the appropriate patch for your device using the links at the bottom of the first post: Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch
    I will look into this. I know google had scheduled to remove username and password access to contacts, forcing OAuth2. Perhaps they finally did it. I need to fix the new account error. At least you got it working.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Preemptive likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09/04/2015, 11:51 AM
  2. "Requested encryption not supported by server"
    By freebirds in forum webOS Tips, Info & Resources
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02/28/2015, 07:33 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11/10/2014, 04:31 AM
  4. CM9 Encryption Unsuccessful Touchpad Error
    By JackisBack in forum Android on webOS
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08/04/2012, 11:51 AM
  5. Can not access 128 encryption server (sercurity) error code 18
    By quedawg in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02/06/2005, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions