Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Google also has "protection" when you login from an unknown location so you need to authenticate via web. This gives a yellow triangle as well. I get this frequently when traveling abroad.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Not a bad remark, pretty sure that is off for my account, might need to check for my gf's account

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    My triangle is back today.

Switch to Wi-Fi had no effect.

I opened a thread on their help forum. If anyone wants to add to it, please do:
    https://productforums.google.com/for...pp/PSEqUm0deOI

I then tried gmail through the web browser, it seems to work OK in its HTML format.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Heh. Was planning to start a thread there today. Great minds.

Did a "Me Too" and laid out more details. Hopefully someone can help.

Sorry to hear you got the Yellow Triangle of Death again.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I opened a thread on their help forum. If anyone wants to add to it, please do:
    https://productforums.google.com/for...pp/PSEqUm0deOI
    Looks like there was an almost identical problem exactly a year ago:

https://productforums.google.com/for...c/ijOLngnnx6EJ
    So I've had the triangle steadily for a few days now.

Is everyone experiencing this? Who is not? How is anyone else maintaining their connection?

Are we down to only using the browser app, there by leaving us with no auto mail check ability??
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    > Are we down to only using the browser app, there by leaving us with no auto mail check ability? <

We might be. No one from Gmail has responded to either of our Friday posts on their Help Forum.

Might it be worthwhile to post again in the main help section rather than the Mobile App forum?
    My Pre2 has not had the error since the one time I reported it in this thread. I tried adding my account to one of my Veers this weekend and had to use generic IMAP account type because it was getting an error adding the gmail account type. On Sprint right now, but was on WiFi last night.
    no error after I did what i wrote in this thread.

ps
    remember this guide https://pivotce.com/2015/03/05/guide-fixing-yahoo-mail/ if you decide to add new certificates (like incoming on port 995 instead of 993)
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I started another thread early yesterday afternoon in a different section of Gmail help forums. -Someone- must have read it, because six hours later I turned on my TP and son of a gun -- gmail was back, envelope icon and all.

In other words, problem is now fixed, and it had absolutely nothing to do with ports, certificates or settings. The problem was entirety on Gmail's end.

Whew. Glad that's over.
    well, glad to hear
    I still have triangles for 3 gmail accounts.

Ok I will delete my gmail accounts and try to add them as IMAP like my hotmail acct.
    This is pissing me off severely.

Whoever writes gmail help pages needs to be repeatedly kicked in the groin.

I can't figure out how to do anything. I'm trying to set up pop or IMAP. I can't seem to get either to work from the phone.

I don't know what to do anymore. I need help.

can anyone here explain to me how to add a gmail account to my phone that won't make the triangle show up with this error? i'm now a 7 year old child apparently, and need to be spoon-fed some instructions.

if anyone could help, i'd really appreciate it.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 07/07/2015 at 11:46 AM.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    if anyone could help, i'd really appreciate it.
    TJ - sorry to hear you still have no joy. An Expert responded to my second Gmail post on:

https://productforums.google.com/for...ce=forum/gmail

I suggest you go there and add a 'me too' with your specifics. Can't hurt.
    Did it again just now on a Veer with 2.2.4. I didn't have to look anything up, just did manual setup, picked IMAP, and entered IMAP.gmail.com for incoming, with SSL, username is full gmail address. It's SMTP.gmail.com with SSL for outgoing, authentication enabled, will fill on user I'd for you.
    OK Matt, could you please confirm I should be using your patch for gmail to work, and should I see it in the list of installed softeware in Preware?

Because I see the Globalsign root cert update v 1.0.5 under Installed Apps, and I see googleauth22241-6 v 22.4-1 under Installed Packages (patch tab). Is the GS 105 all I need? Why don't I see the gsync 1.2 patch somewhere on Preware? Where should I see it to verify its installed?

Next, I erased all my gmail accounts, then went to add new account, chose email not gmail, did manual set up, entered info as you instructed, and it says requested encryption not supported by server.
    OK Matt, could you please confirm I should be using your patch for gmail to work, and should I see it in the list of installed softeware in Preware?

Because I see the Globalsign root cert update v 1.0.5 under Installed Apps, and I see googleauth22241-6 v 22.4-1 under Installed Packages (patch tab). Is the GS 105 all I need? Why don't I see the gsync 1.2 patch somewhere on Preware? Where should I see it to verify its installed?

Next, I erased all my gmail accounts, then went to add new account, chose email not gmail, did manual set up, entered info as you instructed, and it says requested encryption not supported by server.
    The gsync patch should have no affect on a regular IMAP email setup. You got the encryption error setting it up as a regular IMAP email account? That is weird. I am pretty sure google has numerous datacenters - perhaps this problem is not happening in all of them (or not yet)?

Also the globalsign package is completely unrelated to google. The only reason it can be in Preware is that it's a script that downloads and installs the new certs, whereas the google sync patch is a patch file that actually modifies webOS source code - and patches can no longer be added to Preware. Now, once installed, as long as scan unknown packages is enabled in preferences, the gsync patch should show as installed in Preware. Right now I'm not even sure if there is any benefit to the google sync patch, since all new account adds seem to be failing, though it did work for me once after this problem started.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Because i couldn't see it anywhere, I just tried to install the 1.2 patch using WOSQI... and it failed saying it was already installed. I don't know where though. It's not listed there either.

I can't figure this out.
    Bed time...
    If gmail is giving so much trouble, is it not possible to forward your gmail to something else that works and set the reply to your gmail address
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    If gmail is giving so much trouble, is it not possible to forward your gmail to something else that works and set the reply to your gmail address
    Yes that's my last resort.

The hotmail inbox seems to work fine. I could forward my gmail to that. Then use the web app to reply and still have the appropriate return address.

I could also dump this phone and go to an android phone. Both of these choices suck, when the bottom line is gmail should just work. There's no valid reason for this issue.
    and it works here , phone and go... (italy)
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast