Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    OK, thanks to everyone that followed up on the length of the file. I actually thought that 496 KB was a typo but I wasn't sure how to prove it. These small details can be tricky, but now I know the file is approx. 1.7KB...had me worried for a while.
    I had the yellow triangle back again today. Ran Grabber's script, imported the new certs and OK again now :-) Grabber thanks for your continued support and great scripts to keep legacy alive while we make LuneOS ready for prime time :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    A poll of sorts. Until I am able to write something more automatic or push-button simple, what would be easiest for joe avg user:
    1) a self-removing package that can be installed from Preware or WOSQI any time the certs need updated again

2) a package that simply copies the script to the device, that still has to be run manually via wterm or a shell (novaterm or the WOSQI command line) by the user, but doesn't have to be installed each time.

I've created a very small package (8kb) that does #1, so it would not take long to run from Preware, beyond the time it takes to load Preware. I originally intended it to perform item #2, but it was actually easier to set it up to just run the script during post-install.

Or perhaps, it could download the certs during install, and leave a copy of the script that can be run later. In either case, you still have to add them to the cert manager.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    petbull likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    A poll of sorts. Until I am able to write something more automatic or push-button simple, what would be easiest for joe avg user:
    1) a self-removing package that can be installed from Preware or WOSQI any time the certs need updated again

2) a package that simply copies the script to the device, that still has to be run manually via wterm or a shell (novaterm or the WOSQI command line) by the user, but doesn't have to be installed each time.

I've created a very small package (8kb) that does #1, so it would not take long to run from Preware, beyond the time it takes to load Preware. I originally intended it to perform item #2, but it was actually easier to set it up to just run the script during post-install.

Or perhaps, it could download the certs during install, and leave a copy of the script that can be run later. In either case, you still have to add them to the cert manager.

If those are the choices, I'd suggest...

Well, I'm not an expert, but I'm not actually joe average here - I can do this manually, but the next time I need to, I'll probably install the script.

Perhaps a variant of #2 would be best? Install the script and the app is a card of instructions for commands to put in to wterm and a launcher button for it. I guess your problem here is that some are having trouble not only with wterm, but with installing the script and even installing Preware! If you can get the script installed, it is at least part of the problem solved.

The 'ideal' solution is an app that has buttons for common services, input fields for the more unusual ones (with the option to create a new button for this entries). This would be the 'push button' option for the totally non-technical user, but of course, all that UI, options, services and error checking takes work & time.

Perhaps someone else would like to build on this script or a group could collaborate on an app?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/01/2015 at 03:14 PM.
    I would counter that ideal is as simple as possible.. One button, and instructions are a good idea, but no more than that.
    Yes... with the input fields. Then it's an app to grab the certs of your choice, not just the Google ones.

Such an app would need a few iterations so that the final version could properly be called the "Certificate Grabber5.0".

TJs11thPre likes this.
    I do like the idea of a universal cert Grabber, but i can't speculate on what's feasible.

Simple is best, something that cannot become outdated and need a revision. Or that would rely on a service, like if Preware went down.

I'm happy to get any useful tool, whether it's automated or manual. Thanks for the efforts!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    I would counter that ideal is as simple as possible.. One button, and instructions are a good idea, but no more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive
    Yes... with the input fields. Then it's an app to grab the certs of your choice, not just the Google ones.
    I agree with preemptive here, being able to add certificates from other (user-defined) sources would make the app much more useful (and future-proof). A quick mock-up would look something like this:

Of course I can come up with many other useful features:
    • open the certificate manager from within this app
    • being able to trust the certificate directly within the app without having to use the certificate manager (since mine is broken )
    • being able to select which certificates in the openSSL-return-text you want to keep (1, 2, 3, smtp)
    • being able to manually name the certificates (although automated naming is perfectly fine)
    • etc.

But I think that most of this is more work than it's worth the effort...

So yeah, one simple button, a small tutorial (with links to this forum), and - preferably - multiple (custom) sources would be right for the majority of users I think.
    petbull likes this.
    Hi,

I'm just as happy coming here and getting the latest cert (which seems to be needed today, once more)

.. but anything that's automated would be cool too.

Yep, both TP and Palm Pre3 need a new cert.

Is there a new one available?

Regards,

Mark.
    kward46 likes this.
    here you go

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    MIIEdjCCA16gAwIBAgIIJ3zoWwrEMW4wDQYJKoZIhvcNAQELBQAwSTELMAkGA1UE
    BhMCVVMxEzARBgNVBAoTCkdvb2dsZSBJbmMxJTAjBgNVBAMTHEdvb2dsZSBJbnRl
    cm5ldCBBdXRob3JpdHkgRzIwHhcNMTUwODEyMTQ0NzQyWhcNMTUxMTEwMDAwMDAw
    WjBoMQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzETMBEGA1UECAwKQ2FsaWZvcm5pYTEWMBQGA1UEBwwN
    TW91bnRhaW4gVmlldzETMBEGA1UECgwKR29vZ2xlIEluYzEXMBUGA1UEAwwOaW1h
    cC5nbWFpbC5jb20wggEiMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4IBDwAwggEKAoIBAQC+n60+
    372Os7y7ja3gU7V1hnBEZ37xnvrBsxHYzZyctpJ4sXAF4mQLoIsTO3OSJfVT2ws3
    /oZMA3v1eT7o6TFyxzYmlKNM8AC3DX1LYazwMdhFtgMn9EgS2QsonBkW2qoz31K9
    gqa8f6dQ9j4lcaTTEW+tvwu3kyGuuWZkr+GjoaO9lN1+8NOMru94NPK7h+2lcr0s
    IgeSNdxOg0BvI6uGK51n8RHKqEVxhgakBw3eYBBbnp7C+/vNZ0eNoCJxle9prJ1q
    Xog2fo2uH3H6mcg4/xRSv9DCPqBARexZjd6aoysEZ4GNYVAHEv1kj9DVZiLbXZxd
    g/jBsQOg5Eb9ND0VAgMBAAGjggFBMIIBPTAdBgNVHSUEFjAUBggrBgEFBQcDAQYI
    KwYBBQUHAwIwGQYDVR0RBBIwEIIOaW1hcC5nbWFpbC5jb20waAYIKwYBBQUHAQEE
    XDBaMCsGCCsGAQUFBzAChh9odHRwOi8vcGtpLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vR0lBRzIuY3J0
    MCsGCCsGAQUFBzABhh9odHRwOi8vY2xpZW50czEuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS9vY3NwMB0G
    A1UdDgQWBBQTtMUqj1QqqRHDVNxzl5/C/Y6cNjAMBgNVHRMBAf8EAjAAMB8GA1Ud
    IwQYMBaAFErdBhYbvPZotXb1gba7Yhq6WoEvMBcGA1UdIAQQMA4wDAYKKwYBBAHW
    eQIFATAwBgNVHR8EKTAnMCWgI6Ahhh9odHRwOi8vcGtpLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vR0lB
    RzIuY3JsMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBCwUAA4IBAQB5q/J0j07SoYufg6IgcOU3y+2GucRQ
    bWZEwJQLQ9rYnrM0sQCOceTeLAlXysLyUk0A7zeExmf8rbTF27EjCR17lZ1iOmvD
    +yVI45DNo+Bde57Ngw45B6F+687geyWfXqhre7RyqoX8qxym/iKUYGsEfDr8veCK
    7ek8vXJX+IBMMlJFKERcKZlXh+zHHF5n1gSITUbEy6+nZ3V/HtOBBCkyVp8jWEQt
    2SFVAKn7hZkc+wjANzMDm3MgP9Y0XOJuHZWJ8wxiq0M5UoMQQCirbYuLqSkvCWZ5
    kFDPDhVVSDnzgEzGQ6Q4hg/pZPqMrgRKZdwgwtP2YgVO6lxsSaToKAwV
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----
    Attached Files Attached Files
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Brill!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Until I am able to write something more automatic or push-button simple, what would be easiest for joe avg user
    I'm Jane avg user - so the simpler, the better for me.

However, a new 'thing' happened with my Touchpad last night. Opened it at 11 p.m. No new mail icon appeared, so I just figured I had no mail and went to my browser. Clicked the gmail bookmark by mistake; gmail opened; no new email. Closed the page.

A minute later a new mail icon appeared that said: Google Security: Certificate invalid. Even after shutting off wi-fi and rebooting, the icon remained, but nothing 'opened' when I clicked it. Opened the app - and there was the yellow triangle. Oh well, I thought - there must be new certs; I'll deal with it tomorrow. Though I did wonder if somehow opening gmail in the browser changed something on the TP.

This morning I turned on the pad and to my amazement, the new mail icon showed 5 new messages. When I clicked the icon, the app opened and there was the new mail. AND the yellow triangle!!

Read the messages, closed the app. The Google Security icon, however, remained.

BUT - when I later checked the mail on my laptop - none of the messages I read showed 'read'. They were unopened. And the messages I'd deleted were still in my inbox. Clearly, the TP did not sync with my account as usual.

What is this new fresh hell?
    I think you're experiencing the variability of Google servers.

For example, this morning i read that Herrie needed to update his certs. My phone does not seem to display the triangles as readily as the Tpad. So i usually do a test mailing on the pad, from Hotmail to two gmails, then back. All mail sent and received to phone and tpad properly. THEN, about 10 minutes later, the tpad showed a triangle for only one of the two gmail addresses. (Still no triangles on the phone) So only one gmail showed the error at that time? Randomness!

But i ran the grabcerts script in wterm, it produced two new certs with today's date. Trusted, and yellow triangle gone. So i ran it on phone too even though triangles never showed up.
    So Matt,

Can you make something that is triggered by the security cert error itself?

Once the mail app reports the error, it launches the grabcerts script and auto-trusts the certs?
    I have no concept of difficulty or feasibility, just thinking aloud, based on how easy it was to update the certs just now using wterm on each device.
    Yeah, it works, then it doesn't, then it does again, and now it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I think you're experiencing the variability of Google servers.

For example, this morning i read that Herrie needed to update his certs. My phone does not seem to display the triangles as readily as the Tpad. So i usually do a test mailing on the pad, from Hotmail to two gmails, then back. All mail sent and received to phone and tpad properly. THEN, about 10 minutes later, the tpad showed a triangle for only one of the two gmail addresses. (Still no triangles on the phone) So only one gmail showed the error at that time? Randomness!

But i ran the grabcerts script in wterm, it produced two new certs with today's date. Trusted, and yellow triangle gone. So i ran it on phone too even though triangles never showed up.
    Yeah it's really funny... With me sometimes there's a few hours to half a day in between different devices to pop up with the yellow triangle.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Yeah it's really funny... With me sometimes there's a few hours to half a day in between different devices to pop up with the yellow triangle.
    Recommended icon for proposed CertGrabber5.0:
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    here you go
    This must be google7.pem based on my previous counts. However, this didn't work for me. I still get the security invalid error. the triangle didn't go away with the installation of this cert.

Thanks

Update: There was a delay...after a couple of minutes...it started working... Thank you.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums

I also got the yellow triangle on both our touchpads again and just reran grabcerts and after rebooting mine it worked perfectly. I think I'd rather not have to reattach my TP to my computer and run quick install every time personally. Now that grabcerts is on there, and I'll get used to the wterm program which is very simple, I'd rather do that (or of course have it run automatically which is still better).

Just my vote. I'm grateful for an easy fix. thanks Matt
    I think it wss similar to google6