Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Reost 409
    When entering the command line "./grabcerts.sh" into zterm, I get the error message that the file not found. I looked in Internals pro and found that the file does exist in "/media/internal" but it has .txt extension. Could that be the problem? I saved the file as "all file types" as directed.
    I'm very happy to have solution for*gmail.*great job. but much happier because I amazon will bring to Mexico one pre3

-- Enviado desde mi HP Pre 2

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    jccjmml7 and horzel like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gluestick View Post
    Reost 409
    When entering the command line "./grabcerts.sh" into zterm, I get the error message that the file not found. I looked in Internals pro and found that the file does exist in "/media/internal" but it has .txt extension. Could that be the problem? I saved the file as "all file types" as directed.
    Yes. First suggestion is to choose Info instead of Open in Internals Pro, and rename the file by changing .txt to .sh.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 08/22/2015 at 11:45 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    If you didn't rename it, then it would not be found with the name specified in the command. Technically, it doesn't matter what the filename is on Linux.. That just helps people know what it is. I've run it as-is with the .txt extension.
    Hello. I just finished making the necessary files and is working in my pre2 and touchpad. I made a copy if anyone serve . one need only download and decompress the -zip on your pc ,
    2 pass the file name sslcerts USB device ,
    3 intenalz done to look for and open and trust certificates .
    thanks for this great work. webos forever.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    ok, i know how frustrating it is when you feel you don't have the "know-how" to do this DIY stuff. So i broke out my laptop so i can type better and lay this out for you step by step. here goes.

From post #343 in this thread, there's the link to Grabber's script. it's right here:
    http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS...abcerts.sh.txt

1. ON A PC, right click that link and choose SAVE LINK AS...

2. in the Save As dialog box, confirm the file name shown is exactly "grabcerts.sh" and CHANGE THE FILE TYPE to ALL FILES (not the MScsv default)

3. CONNECT your device to PC via USB LINK ONLY. (no need for WOSQI here)

4. USE PC TO TRANSFER THE FILE grabcerts.sh to your device (usually shown as an E: drive) this will put it into your device's /media/internal file (the default location)

5. EJECT the E: drive to disconnect USB link

6. ON YOUR DEVICE, you MUST have Preware installed. (if not, you will need to put WOSQI and Novaterm drivers on your PC, so you can use them to install Preware. Search this forum for how to install WOSQI v4.6.0)

7. USE PREWARE to OTA install the app WTERM.

8. Open WTERM. You'll see a command line window. it should read "wterm@YOUR PHONE'S NAME:-$"

9. Type the command "cd /media/internal" and enter.(notice the space after "cd"!!)(no quote marks) it should now show "wterm@YOUR PHONE's NAME:/media/internal$" (**remember to HOLD the shift key while typing periods and slashes)

10. Type the command "./grabcerts.sh" (no quotes)

11. you should see a blurb showing it's connecting to open ssl clients IMAP and SMTP. it is downloading the most current certs!

12. Close out of WTERM.

13. ON YOUR DEVICE, open Device Info app.

14. Open Preferences, select Cert Mgr, click the icon for adding a new cert. You should see two, "googleimap and "googlesmtp, .pem" with the most recent date. (i just did this and see it's dated 8/22, which would be like cert #7!)

15. Click each .pem file and trust them. Done!

If you have any problems, specify what step # you're hung up on so someone can help further.

good luck!!!
    Brilliant!

Thank you so much TJs11thPre

Had some trouble with populating the APPS list in wterm and installing Preware hanging. Fiddled around/rebooted pc several times and somehow it worked.

Installed wterm too.

Could not find media/internal on TP when viewing on PC so created one from root. Copied fle there.

Opened wterm and navigated to file.
    Trusted the two pemfiles

Be good not to have to connect TP to PC anymore.

Although how do you get the new certs onto the TP only? Would it be to click a link from this forum when next updated?

UPDATE- AH - I guess you automaticaly get them by running grabcerts.sh again

Many thanks again,
    Last edited by Neil Kitch; 08/23/2015 at 08:44 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Kitch View Post
    Could not find media/internal on TP when viewing on PC so created one from root. Copied fle there.
    It's quite alarming to read this. These are system folders. media/internal is your USB partition. In fact, 3rd party apps are stored under the media folder. If it doesn't exist, then you have no USB drive folder. You can't have two folders in the same place with the same name, so creating it from root (and being able to do so) suggests you have erased it and remade/replaced it...

...except! If you are viewing this on your PC in USB mode, that folder is all you will be able to see. You cannot remotely view the rest of the file system on your PC without being in developer mode. This (media/internal) folder is not root, it just all you can see in this mode. I'd suggest you have created media/internal/media/internal.

A way to check would be to use Internalz Pro. Open the preferences and check the top, home folder setting. I think it's media/internal. Now pressing the house symbol on the main screen should take you to the USB partition. You should be able to spot items you've saved here like pictures, documents etc. Check if you have created media/internal subfolders here. You can also press the top, ".." folder to go up a level in the file system, all the way to root "/". Your current location is displayed in the top section of the app.

You might want to move your cert files and delete these extra folders to avoid future confusion.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/23/2015 at 09:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    7. USE PREWARE to OTA install the app WTERM.
    ** Followed your excellent instructions to here. I already had PREWARE installed, so I opened it, searched for WTERM and clicked Install.

It failed, with this IPKG Log message:

-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.0-2_arm.ipk 2>&1 curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer

Since the error mentioned feeds, I clicked on Manage Feeds and added

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.0-2_arm.ipk

** Refreshed Feeds, tried to install WTERM again, and go this error message:

-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --user-agent Preware -- create-dirs --location

plus the same error message as the first.

** Unable to delete the feed, I turned it off, and turned Preware on again. It loaded, but not without showing this message first (to which I had to click OK to continue to load:

Unable to run command: ( /usr/bin/curl --user-agen Preware --create-dirs --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/optware/all/Packages.gz | /bin/gunzip >/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/cache/optware ) 2>&1

gzip:stdin: not in gzip format

** Did Luna Reboot. Opened Internalz Pro to check if grabcerts.sh is there. It is, in the main directory with other downloaded files.

I am now officially Lost.

EDIT: Opened Preware after the Luna Reboot. Got the same message as above. Clicked OK. A new message opened up saying that Preware was not set to install .ipk from email or web and did I want it to. I clicked Yes (what do I know?). Preware started. Tried to install WTERM again. This time, no error message, but the downloading/installing wheel is still spinning after 5 minutes, even though it also says Transferred 291/291

Got out of that and did another Luna Reboot. Opened Preware. Version 1.9.12

Discovered I had an old version of Preware. Googled and followed these instructions:

---On your webOS device copy this URL http://ipkg.preware.net/feeds/webos-...1.9.13_arm.ipk, open Preware, immediately swipe down for the menu and tap Install Package, paste the copied URL into the File box and click Install. Preware will close. Reopen it.---

Got following error message: Unable to run command:: /usr/bin/curl -s -l ....show error
    https://ipkg.apptuckerbox.com/feeds/...US/Packages.gs 2>&1
    curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

Turned off Beta Feeds. Preware opened with the same error message

BUT -- WTERM installed! Followed directions, opened Device Info and trusted the two new Certs dated 8/23.

Rebooted

Yellow Triangle -- GONE!!! Mail Icon came in with 4 new messages. TJ's & GRABBER THANK YOU!

I'm leaving my entire message though, in case:

1. Someone else is having trouble installing WTERM and might also have the old version of Preware.
    2. Someone here (Grabber?) can help fix my continued Preware errors. Should I uninstall App Tuckerbox? I don't even remember what it does, let alone if I use/need it.
    Last edited by awriter; 08/23/2015 at 10:54 AM.
    The first bit just seems like a temporary connection error, but if you are having installation problems, you could try using WOSQI. Just click the globe icon to see the feeds and select wTerm from there.
    Brilliant!

Thank you so much TJs11thPre

Had some trouble with populating the APPS list in wterm and installing Preware hanging. Fiddled around/rebooted pc several times and somehow it worked.

Installed wterm too.

Opened wterm and navigated to file.
    Trusted the two pemfiles

Be good not to have to connect TP to PC anymore.

Although how do you get the new certs onto the TP only? Would it be to click a link from this forum when next updated?

UPDATE- AH - I guess you automaticaly get them by running grabcerts.sh again

Many thanks again,
    /media/internal *is* the root of the USB drive when you have the device connected to your computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by awriter View Post
    ** Followed your excellent instructions to here. I already had PREWARE installed, so I opened it, searched for WTERM and clicked Install.

It failed, with this IPKG Log message:

-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.0-2_arm.ipk 2>&1 curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer

Since the error mentioned feeds, I clicked on Manage Feeds and added

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.0-2_arm.ipk

** Refreshed Feeds, tried to install WTERM again, and go this error message:

-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --user-agent Preware -- create-dirs --location

plus the same error message as the first.

** Unable to delete the feed, I turned it off, and turned Preware on again. It loaded, but not without showing this message first (to which I had to click OK to continue to load:

Unable to run command: ( /usr/bin/curl --user-agen Preware --create-dirs --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/optware/all/Packages.gz | /bin/gunzip >/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/cache/optware ) 2>&1

gzip:stdin: not in gzip format

** Did Luna Reboot. Opened Internalz Pro to check if grabcerts.sh is there. It is, in the main directory with other downloaded files.

I am now officially Lost.

EDIT: Opened Preware after the Luna Reboot. Got the same message as above. Clicked OK. A new message opened up saying that Preware was not set to install .ipk from email or web and did I want it to. I clicked Yes (what do I know?). Preware started. Tried to install WTERM again. This time, no error message, but the downloading/installing wheel is still spinning after 5 minutes, even though it also says Transferred 291/291

Got out of that and did another Luna Reboot. Opened Preware. Version 1.9.12

Discovered I had an old version of Preware. Googled and followed these instructions:

---On your webOS device copy this URL http://ipkg.preware.net/feeds/webos-...1.9.13_arm.ipk, open Preware, immediately swipe down for the menu and tap Install Package, paste the copied URL into the File box and click Install. Preware will close. Reopen it.---

Got following error message: Unable to run command:: /usr/bin/curl -s -l ....show error

BUT -- WTERM installed! Followed directions, opened Device Info and trusted the two new Certs dated 8/23.

Rebooted

Yellow Triangle -- GONE!!! Mail Icon came in with 4 new messages. TJ's & GRABBER THANK YOU!

1. Someone else is having trouble installing WTERM and might also have the old version of Preware.
    2. Someone here (Grabber?) can help fix my continued Preware errors. Should I uninstall App Tuckerbox? I don't even remember what it does, let alone if I use/need it.
    Preware.org is the old site - it means you have an old version of Preware. You can get the latest version using WebOSQuickInstall.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Preware.org is the old site - it means you have an old version of Preware. You can get the latest version using WebOSQuickInstall.
    Grabber, no need for that. I know I wrote a LONG post, but I think you missed the edited version, where I wrote:

=======

So no need for QI at all to get new Preware version. And I was able to then install WTERM and follow from there successfully. But, as you can read below, I'm still getting an error message (about App Tuckerbox) and am wondering if I need it at all, or can just remove it.

==========

Rebooted

Sorry about that, I'm at an air show and didn't have time to read the full post. . Yes, Apptuckerbox is no longer functional, so you can disable it and uninstall the app if you have it.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 08/23/2015 at 12:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Yes, Apptuckerbox is no longer functional, so you can disable it and uninstall the app if you have it.
    Grabber, that worked - thank you! No more Preware error messages. Enjoy the Air Show!
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    It's quite alarming to read this. These are system folders. media/internal is your USB partition. In fact, 3rd party apps are stored under the media folder. If it doesn't exist, then you have no USB drive folder. You can't have two folders in the same place with the same name, so creating it from root (and being able to do so) suggests you have erased it and remade/replaced it...

...except! If you are viewing this on your PC in USB mode, that folder is all you will be able to see. You cannot remotely view the rest of the file system on your PC without being in developer mode. This (media/internal) folder is not root, it just all you can see in this mode. I'd suggest you have created media/internal/media/internal.

A way to check would be to use Internalz Pro. Open the preferences and check the top, home folder setting. I think it's media/internal. Now pressing the house symbol on the main screen should take you to the USB partition. You should be able to spot items you've saved here like pictures, documents etc. Check if you have created media/internal subfolders here. You can also press the top, ".." folder to go up a level in the file system, all the way to root "/". Your current location is displayed in the top section of the app.

You might want to move your cert files and delete these extra folders to avoid future confusion.
    Maybe I got it wrong.

I did connect TP to PC in USB mode. Developer mode also on
    I can see loads of directories and my files/docs etc but I could not see media/internal - didn't realise that was root.

Hopefully all is ok anyway. Certainly working ok.

entering 'pwd' when wterm loads brings me to /var/home/wterm

not sure where the new certs will be stored and whether I have to navigate to them or just go to cert manager after downloading. This is in the future when they change again.

Getting there though.

Many thanks to all for help - it is appreciated.
    The updated script always puts them in /media/internal/sslcerts (it will create it if it does not exist). If you have master mode enabled in Internal Pro, you can use that to move or copy the script to /usr/bin after you rename it, and then you don't even have to cd from the wterm promt, just type the name of the script.

Also, if you use cert manager to find the downloaded cert files rather than Internalz, it will locate them no matter where they are.
    Maybe I got it wrong.

I did connect TP to PC in USB mode. Developer mode also on
    Sorry, to clarify further: Developer mode is irrelevant to USB mode. Maybe you can connect with novaterm while also being in USB mode, I don't know - never tried. In USB mode your computer sees the device as a USB drive and only sees the /media/internal directory.

To connect to the device to see the rest of the files system and interact with it requires the novacom drivers and a program such as WOSQI or similar.

I can see loads of directories and my files/docs etc but I could not see media/internal - didn't realise that was root.
    I've attached a pic of my media/internal folder in Internalz Pro - subdirectories and files are normal. Again, if you do this, you should see that folder. You may also notice a 'media' subfolder and in it, an 'Internal' subfolder - the ones you created. This is not a disaster at all - but could be confusing in future.

Hopefully all is ok anyway. Certainly working ok.
    Yes, as before, not a disaster. You would have noticed a problem if those folders were gone and you didn't need to recreate them - you were already in /media/internal.

---------------------
    Also, if you use cert manager to find the downloaded cert files rather than Internalz, it will locate them no matter where they are.
    Actually, I don't find this is the case. I think I've always had to open them with Internalz Pro to then get the cert manager to recognise them - I assumed there was a specific folder to place them in that I wasn't aware of and assuming the certs are copied to a repository regardless of where the originals are, I thought it didn't really matter.

I find no browse function. Is it supposed to scan the whole system? (Also, scrolling is terrible in this app - I'd expect all system apps to be equal in this respect! ?)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/23/2015 at 04:24 PM.
    I also tried to install WTERM using Preware, but it FAILED to install. After reading post #428, I realized I have an older version (1.9.10) of Preware...I will have to get the latest version and try all this again. Hopefully, it will work.
    WHEW!
    As a side note...I looked at a Google forum the other day and noticed that one of the guys posting on there claimed he had close personal contact with some of the guys running Google. He claimed they said that Google had no interest in WEBOS and they do not support it! I cannot verify if that's actually true, but that's what I read on the Google forum. It looks like Google only cares about their own show.
    So what should google do here?

They are making sure that they use current security measures.

If only our openssl version was up to date it would work.

This indeed is not Googles, but our problem.

The same can happen for any other email provider that updates their certificate

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums