Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Downloaded 'google6.pem' but been having problems all day.

yellow triangle and requests for uid and pw which I know are right.

Eventually it works for a few minutes then fails a bit later on.

so annoying!

neil.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlh View Post
    Thank you for your never-ending good work

Do you think it would be difficult to modify your script in order to get certificates from other email providers ?
    I seem to have something similar to Google's with OVH host/email services.
    You just need to alter the server name & port. This information can be found in the settings for each account in the email app. Open the account in preferences & click 'change login settings' then click 'Manual setup'. You can cancel out after reading the information.

For example:
    The Gmail inbox is imap.gmail.com & uses port 993. The Outbox is smtp.gmail.com & uses port 465
    The Yahoo mail inbox is palm.imap.yahoo.com & uses port 993. The Outbox is smtp.gmail.com & uses port 465

Simply find those items in the script and substitute the values for your particular account. Save your customised copy for future use. You could also change the certificate names, e.g. 'Gmailimap.pem' to '(your account)imap.pem' (& the same for the smtp cert).

It maybe possible for someone to make an app that takes that information as an input and runs the script.

UPDATE. Just saw this: Code Academy - Learn the Command Line
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/20/2015 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    Now that I have the script on my phone, shouldn't I be able to open wTerm and execute /media/internal/grabcerts.sh next time? Would be nice because then no connection to computer would be necessary and I could get gmail back working wherever/whenever.
    I have the original grabcert.sh in /media/internal folder on my phone. (Not Gizmo's modified)

I just installed Wterm to try this, but it seems I can't type symbols like the "/"

Edit: tip below works! Thanks!
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 08/20/2015 at 02:33 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by kward46 View Post
    I copied your certificate from post 355 as I have been successful with previous update certificates. Used the same process as for the previous 5 certificates but for this certificate I continue to get a msg "file cannot be opened because it is not a valid security certificate file format". Suggestions???

Thanks to everyone who is keeping those of us who don't write code up-to-date.
    Not getting the new certificate correctly from post 355 was a "duh" error on my part. The certificate is perfect and gmail is working again.

If "we" move to not using a computer to update certificates, I'm going to need additional instructions because I don't understand Grabber's post 343. I'll need some step by step instructions because as Gizmo said at post 353, some of us aren't into shell scripting. Still learning at age 70 though!

Thanks thanks!
    Preemptive likes this.
    There is a trick to wTerm that I have learned the hard way. For any modifier keys (symbol/number or caps), you have to hold down that key while pressing the key you want.
    In response to kward46 in his post #377. I too have had this problem occur. What I found was that you have to be very careful when copying the new cert that has been posted. First, I select everything contained inside the window
    that shows the cert. Everything in the window should now be high-lighted in blue...indicating that it is selected.
    Next, copy the selected material to a computer by using the NOTEPAD text editor. Do not use Wordpad. Notepad allows you to save the copied filed as a *.*all files extension, which you can then rename to the ,pem extension.

If you do not do this, Notepad will save the file with a .txt extension and the Touchpad cannot handle it correctly.
    The file needs to have the .pem extension in order for it to work as a certificate in gmail imap ssl.
    Hope this helps.
    friends. if someone has a new certificate please up the forum. that I'm out mail.

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 mediante Tapatalk
    There is a trick to wTerm that I have learned the hard way. For any modifier keys (symbol/number or caps), you have to hold down that key while pressing the key you want.
    another tip for special characters is typing them in "Just type" and copy/paste (in menu) them into wterm
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    another tip for special characters is typing them in "Just type" and copy/paste (in menu) them into wterm
    That's cool.
    OK, I looked at the script file presented by Gabber5.0, but I do not know how to use it or what it means. It's too sophisticated for me at this time. But I thank him anyway, as I see there are several others on this form have been able to use it with success. I still don't know what a terminal or terminal window is that is somehow used edit or enter command lines. A mystery to me at this time.
    OK, I did manage to download the latest cert from gizmo21 in his post #353. I copied it to my PC using Notepad for the copying and editing the file extension from .txt to ,pem. I named the file google6.pem. I then used the USB cable to copy the file onto the Touchpad and the use the certificate manager to install and trust it. And so at last, I have IMAP Gmail working again on my Toucpad. It looks like this latest cert has an expiration date of Nov. 9, 2015...unless Google updates sooner.

Special thanks to gizmo21 for supplying this latest cert. Without this kind of support many us here would be lost
    without our Gmail app working again.
    kward46 likes this.
    I had the same problem for few secs but figured it out quick.
    Thanks to Grabber for the script. Now it's on my phone and when I got the cert and trusted them I didn't have to restart the phone - it just started working. I guess last time the error was different and this time it was complaining only about invalid cert.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Marshall7 View Post
    OK, I did manage to download the latest cert from gizmo21 in his post #353. I copied it to my PC using Notepad for the copying and editing the file extension from .txt to ,pem. I named the file google6.pem. I then used the USB cable to copy the file onto the Touchpad and the use the certificate manager to install and trust it. And so at last, I have IMAP Gmail working again on my Toucpad. It looks like this latest cert has an expiration date of Nov. 9, 2015...unless Google updates sooner.

Special thanks to gizmo21 for supplying this latest cert. Without this kind of support many us here would be lost
    without our Gmail app working again.

Yea I agree. I only know how to update using this method.

Be handy to know how to update using the TP only, negating the needs for a separate pc.

If anyone could explain the process I'm sure others would appreciate it also.

TIA

neil.
  14. rlh
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    You just need to alter the server name & port. This information can be found in the settings for each account in the email app. Open the account in preferences & click 'change login settings' then click 'Manual setup'. You can cancel out after reading the information.

For example:
    The Gmail inbox is imap.gmail.com & uses port 993. The Outbox is smtp.gmail.com & uses port 465
    The Yahoo mail inbox is palm.imap.yahoo.com & uses port 993. The Outbox is smtp.gmail.com & uses port 465

Simply find those items in the script and substitute the values for your particular account. Save your customised copy for future use. You could also change the certificate names, e.g. 'Gmailimap.pem' to '(your account)imap.pem' (& the same for the smtp cert).

It maybe possible for someone to make an app that takes that information as an input and runs the script.

UPDATE. Just saw this: Code Academy - Learn the Command Line
    Ah ok thank you, I didn't think it could be that simple, will try it and post here if it works.
  15. rlh
    copying modified script "grabcertxxx.sh" into /media/internal/downloads/certs/
    then doing a cd there with wterm on the phone
    and then typing "./grabcertxxx.sh" didn't do much except an error message "illegal option -"
    I guess the way I'm typing this is not good
    Quote Originally Posted by rlh View Post
    copying modified script "grabcertxxx.sh" into /media/internal/downloads/certs/
    then doing a cd there with wterm on the phone
    and then typing "./grabcertxxx.sh" didn't do much except an error message "illegal option -"
    I guess the way I'm typing this is not good
    Have a look at the sh file you created with Internalz, check it does have correct line breaks and stuff
    Copying windows files to linux can break txt files

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  17. rlh
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Have a look at the sh file you created with Internalz, check it does have correct line breaks and stuff

I was thinking about it, I'm going to check, thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Paternostro View Post
    ok now it works perfectly on palm pre 2 in Italy :-)
    Ciao, I'm Italian and living in Italy as well, writing in english for the benefit of the other user. You claim that you loaded the new pem cert, and after trusting them, google mail come in again. I have a Pre 3, did the same procedure, have written again and again my details on the account, have tried to set up a generic mail account with my google details, but nothing works. Could you please enligth me? there is anything I'm missing?
    Grazie, Alfio
  19. rlh
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post

for the moment it doesn't seem related, what am I supposed to type exactly and do you do it straight from wterm's bash ?
    What is WOSQI ?
    What is novaterm window ?

I've seen these mentioned before, but I don't know what they are or how they work.
    Do they run on a PC, or on a Touchpad...or both?
    What are they used for?